• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Fuck Payton, he can eat a bag of dicks. See you in hell, bountygate bitch!
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Why would they need to rebuild? They have finished in last place for 3 straight years and 4 of the last 6 years. Their D is good but not what it was a few years ago and as a Charger fan I laugh when other team's injuries are brought up.

I won't underestimate Payton but I certainly don't fear him.
      Not fear, I’m just not going to do that pretending thing like where some people convince themselves that this hire didn’t make denver better…

as for the rebuilding thing, denver needs a RT and an interior lineman…there’s not much to rebuild, they already have a fairly complete team…

how wilson plays under payton is the big question and I think russell will re-dedicate himself this off season, he’s not going to dictate to payton like he did to hackett…I think payton is going to reign in all that “let russell cook” bullshit…
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I spend an awful lot of time reading lawsuits because it's the only time litigants are sworn to tell the truth. You should really read this paragraph
        and understand it's language. If Dean would like to be sued for breach of contract by his other siblings, that's his call,
        but he's agreed to sell after his investment matures, and below are those terms.

Dean.png
        Perhaps Dea is suing him ahead of this to get the ball rolling and because she knows better than any of us what his word is worth…it’s a letter he wrote to his siblings, I’m not a lawyer but how binding is this letter? I mean he wrote it himself…I think zenos is right, a lot of people are going to be disappointed all over again when it turns out to be a delaying tactic…call me crazy but why would any charger fan that’s been around since before the move believe anything that dean writes on a piece of paper?
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• rensoul
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2023
          • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post

Who is a powerhouse assistant that is available?

Or maybe he coaxing HCs out of retirement(?)
          My guess would be just some older recognizable names that are well regarded as position coaches. If they can manage to keep the DC Ejiro then that is very significant.

Some position coaches I could see might be guys like OL coach Mike Munchak, Ed Donatell as a DB coach where he is a very experienced position coach. Etc., etc., basically guys who won't come cheap but are experienced and proven position coaches.

Comment

• madcaplafs
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2022
            • Send PM

I think this is actually good news. Denver's already given away extraordinary draft capital to get Wilson. Now they've done it to get Payton. That team is going to struggle with lack of talent for some time. Plus, they no longer have Melvin Gordon. : )

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by madcaplafs View Post
              I think this is actually good news. Denver's already given away extraordinary draft capital to get Wilson. Now they've done it to get Payton. That team is going to struggle with lack of talent for some time. Plus, they no longer have Melvin Gordon. : )
              Payton's contract in no way disables them from going out and signing players.....coaching salaries are not part of the cap.

It probably helps them in attracting a few free agents.

They were posting videos on the Donkey forum of MGIII fumbleitis over the past two years.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

But, but, Anthony Lynn was available. All he needed was those Walmart bucks to be great.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• rensoul
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Not fear, I’m just not going to do that pretending thing like where some people convince themselves that this hire didn’t make denver better…

as for the rebuilding thing, denver needs a RT and an interior lineman…there’s not much to rebuild, they already have a fairly complete team…

how wilson plays under payton is the big question and I think russell will re-dedicate himself this off season, he’s not going to dictate to payton like he did to hackett…I think payton is going to reign in all that “let russell cook” bullshit…
                  They're not in bad shape. They have about 10 mil in cap space and can clear about another 25 mil by cutting CB Darby-injured, RB Edmunds-ineffective, and OC Glasgow-so so player without restructuring anyone. They are in decent cap shape going into 2024 and will have a 1st round pick that year.

It's a big bet that Payton can get more out of Wilson, and if they can keep most of the defense together they may surprise some people. Payton has over 20 years of NFL experience working with QB's. Not a bad bet he will be able to put Wilson in a position to play better.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post

Wouldn't exactly call this pouncing: REPORT: Sean Payton Was The Broncos Third Choice To Be Their Next Head Coach

https://dailysnark.com/2023/01/31/re...xt-head-coach/

"The #Broncos last few weeks:
                      — Zeroed in on DeMeco Ryans.
                      — Secretly tried to lure Jim Harbaugh from Michigan.
                      — Negotiated a Sean Payton deal.
                      — Tried to hire Ryans again.
                      — Finalized the hire of Payton as their new coach. https://t.co/tlMLnjdM9u​"

I'm getting Jimmy Johnson to Miami(minus the picks) vibes from this whole thing. Most likely similar results.
                      Jimmy Johnson got them to the playoffs in Miami,
                      though he didn't seem to be into burning the midnight oil by that time.

He quit his Dallas job ..... same has Payton, so there is that.

Andy Reid got fired and immediately jumped back into the action.
                      Dick Vermiel quit in Philly and got back many years later .... than quit his Rams job, but regretted it.

You never know.

If Dean & John, out of desperation, hired Payton - they would have got the burned out version, i guarantee you that.

Those mutton heads have the unerring ability to make the wrong choice.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                        Don’t drink that koolaid. He took the money, and he has a built-in scapegoat with Wilson for all the losing on the horizon.
                        Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Comment

• FoutsFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Birmingham AL
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                          I think Payton and Wilson deserve some benefit of the doubt that they can turn it around, which is worrisome for us.

And if Wilson tanks, Payton and the Broncos won't hesitate to go out and find another QB. These aren't the Chargers we're talking about, they won't settle.
                          They have limited cap and no draft picks.

That puts a damper on the party for sure.
                          Last edited by FoutsFan; 02-01-2023, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X