• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Health was last year's issue... not this coming year's issue. The only player that has health issues for next year is JCJ.
    So it may be written, so it may be so.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Tito.
      Austin Johnson.
      Covington.
      Gaziano.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        Tito.
        Austin Johnson.
        Covington.
        Gaziano.
        Is this Jeopardy? I’ll play. What DL went on IR? Alex, give me Chargering for $200

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The team was 10-7, well 10-8. Not sure if the second Denver game really counts. But there is room for improvement. 3rd down defense could get better. Gave up a lot of big plays too on defense. On offense, too many third downs and lack of explosive players.
          People do tend to talk around here like we were 4-13 or something. we were NOT the 12-5 or better team SB contending team that many of us hoped / predicted before the season. But we were not a sub-.500 piece of shit team, regardless of what TPB members write …

Sometimes I argue as if I’m sticking up for the team just … because. We were not a bad team. Just not a champ. Need to get better but not a complete overhaul. They need to figure out how to get out of cap trouble without dismantling if possible,
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Is this Jeopardy? I’ll play. What DL went on IR? Alex, give me Chargering for $200
            Who are Chargers with remaining injury concerns outside of JC ?
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• charger1_sj
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

People do tend to talk around here like we were 4-13 or something. we were NOT the 12-5 or better team SB contending team that many of us hoped / predicted before the season. But we were not a sub-.500 piece of shit team, regardless of what TPB members write …

Sometimes I argue as if I’m sticking up for the team just … because. We were not a bad team. Just not a champ. Need to get better but not a complete overhaul. They need to figure out how to get out of cap trouble without dismantling if possible,
              Upset over how the season ended. Left a real sour taste. I was looking forward to avenge our losses to KC, and I believe we would have won that game assuming
              MW on the field. But alas it was not to be. We probably would have lost at Cincy, but beating KC @ KC would have been satisfying. Instead we get a monumental
              collapse.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Who are Chargers with remaining injury concerns outside of JC ?
                Training camp hasn't started yet. Be patient.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Upset over how the season ended. Left a real sour taste. I was looking forward to avenge our losses to KC, and I believe we would have won that game assuming
                  MW on the field. But alas it was not to be. We probably would have lost at Cincy, but beating KC @ KC would have been satisfying. Instead we get a monumental
                  collapse.
                  Last two seasons ended with sour, lots of sour that pretty stats do not obscure.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Health was last year's issue... not this coming year's issue. The only player that has health issues for next year is JCJ.
                    Health is always going to be a key component to success, but consistent success comes when one's coaching staff can put players in optimal positions to win (scheme creativity), and can properly train, instruct, coddle, bully and otherwise motivate the average and below average players on the roster to perform above their talent level.

Brandon Staley has not shown this ability, either scheme creativity or motivation, which is why I'm in 'show me' mode for next year.

Comment

• DennisR91
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2021
                      • Send PM

Roster build idea

remove fb position

replace w additional wr te or other

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

True - we are not a bad team, and I've not seen anyone predicting we go 4 - 13 next year, but there's a decided lack of optimism for major success in 2023, as in a deep playoff run. Most of us that have concerns recognize that the team has serious deficiencies, and the cap situation is going to make fixing these deficiencies difficult. Hence the lack of optimism. Fans of other organizations (with similar issues) may be able to feel some level of comfort that their superior organization (ownership) and superior leadership (coaching) will make up for some of their deficiencies, but with us . . . . . . . that's not the case. If anything ownership and coaching were a significant part of the problems last year as opposed to being part of the solution.

We'll see how it all comes together next year and hope for the best . . . . .

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by DennisR91 View Post
                          Roster build idea

remove fb position

replace w additional wr te or other
                          Yep...Bolts hardly EVER use FB...I'd like another DT or DE in the rotation to keep the rest of the line fresh...

Comment

Working...
                          X