• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Everett is our starter. The need at TE is to get somebody way better at the next level. As rookies none of the three are. We already have a 6'8" TE. Why don't we throw 6' feet over
    the DBs head so our TE can get it?

We don't need competition for Hall, we need a replacement for him. We don't know if Jackson will be coming back and what football shape he will be in even if he does
    come back. We currently have 2 bonified CBs starters without Jackson in a passing league we need another. Hall isn't it.

Allen is 30 with a huge contact next year. We need to find a replacement sooner rather than later.

Mack has a huge contact next year, he did great this year but age is catching up. We need a replacement in an area where we are already weak when starters are injured.

We need a FS. Sorry to say Woods isn't it.

We don't have a legit NT. If we're going to run an effective 3/4 we need one.

O line starters are set, but the shelves are nearly empty behind them on several positions including center.

I strongly disagree that TE is a 1st round need. If TE is the BPA then yes. If not then no. There are a variety of ways we can go. Even RB if Ekeler's going to be
    a problem.
    Great assessment in my opinion.Good stuff,ugly but true.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Everett is our starter. The need at TE is to get somebody way better at the next level. As rookies none of the three are. We already have a 6'8" TE. Why don't we throw 6' feet over

We don't need competition for Hall, we need a replacement for him. We don't know if Jackson will be coming back and what football shape he will be in even if he does
      come back. We currently have 2 bonified CBs starters without Jackson in a passing league we need another. Hall isn't it.

Allen is 30 with a huge contact next year. We need to find a replacement sooner rather than later.

Mack has a huge contact next year, he did great this year but age is catching up. We need a replacement in an area where we are already weak when starters are injured.

O line starters are set, but the shelves are nearly empty behind them on several positions including center.

I strongly disagree that TE is a 1st round need. If TE is the BPA then yes. If not then no. There are a variety of ways we can go. Even RB if Ekeler's going to be
      a problem.
      Parham's tall, not much else Washington makes some ridiculous one-handed catches plays physical. 6-6, 264, 4.6 40.
      This is an unusually strong TE draft. Pretty sure we take one day 1-2.
      It's early. There are several players at different pos I like at 21. TE is one. DT Calijah Kancey another.

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

How come Smokey has two accounts?
        I have underestimated you. Sincerest apologies.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Parham's tall, not much else Washington makes some ridiculous one-handed catches plays physical. 6-6, 264, 4.6 40.
          This is an unusually strong TE draft. Pretty sure we take one day 1-2.
          It's early. There are several players at different pos I like at 21. TE is one. DT Calijah Kancey another.
          Well, he made 1, one handed catch anyways. Are there more I haven't seen?
          If you like those maybe we should sign OBJ!

Let me make some corrections....good and bad.

Washington is 6'7"....not 6'6"...that's good.
          Ran a 4.64, still good for his size.

Verticle was a measley 31" but again, he is 6'7".
          He does have 11" hands which just might be both of mine lol. Good for not fumbling.

He can catch but don't play to his speed and wasnt that productive. Still, I have as my #3 TE behind Kincaid and Mayer. He will be popular with running teams like Baltimore and Tennessee....maybe the Raiders but can't see him going #7.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-25-2023, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Well, he made 1, one handed catch anyways. Are there more I haven't seen?
            If you like those maybe we should sign OBJ!

Let me Let me make se.corrections....good and bad.

Washington is 6'7"....not 6'6"...that's good.
            Ran a 4.64, still good for his size.

Verticle was a measley 31" but again, he is 6'7".
            He does have 11" hands which just might be both of mine lol. Good for not fumbling.

He can catch but don't play to his speed and wasnt that productive. Still, I have as my #3 TE behind Kincaid and Mayer. He will be popular with running teams like Baltimore and Tennessee....maybe the Raiders but can't see him going #7.
            Watch more DW games. Overhead several. I liked 1 on the sideline, CB holding his R arm down,running away from LOS, he reaches out & down w/ his left and catches it behind them, keeps his feet in, pulls the ball in.
            #2 TE in college, mostly blocker. I'm a fan of the 1 hand ability & huge radius. Herbert can put it wherever he wants but when things aren't perfect, tipped for example, DW can pluck it away from bad places. Two things I think he brings more and better than other TEs in combination, pass pro, run blocking and red zone target. He's not a great route runner but owns the space he's in. There's room for improvement and I have little doubt that Moore would enjoy working with him.
            On the clock choices might blow me away but I'd hope to get him in 2 if that's how it goes.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

a problem.

Agree with not drafting a tight end in the 1rst.

On defense, look at what San Francisco always does ....... brings in defensive linemen:

Armstead, Buckner, Soloman Thomas, Bosa, Javon Kinlaw, ..... 5 out of their last 10 1rst rounders are defensive linemen.

And now they bring in Jason Hargrave.

Maybe we should emphasize that if we want a good defense? DB wasn't a problem last year and they still stunk.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

LOL! Are you pretending that the starters hit the field together last year? Or that the injuries and lack of depth will be the same or worse?
                I have no reason to expect it will be better. May not be the same guys but every one of them has missed major parts of a season more than once. I didn’t mention James but I should have. Another overpaid underperformer with injury issues. But let’s play hardball with Ekeler and hope Bijan falls to us?

Comment

• charger1_sj
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Agree with not drafting a tight end in the 1rst.

On defense, look at what San Francisco always does ....... brings in defensive linemen:

Armstead, Buckner, Soloman Thomas, Bosa, Javon Kinlaw, ..... 5 out of their last 10 1rst rounders are defensive linemen.

And now they bring in Jason Hargrave.

Maybe we should emphasize that if we want a good defense? DB wasn't a problem last year and they still stunk.
                  I'm good with drafting DL guys. BUT DB was not a problem so long as Davis was playing. Did you watch the Jags game? What
                  happened after Davis went out? That's why we need a CB. Jackson is not a sure thing. We also need a FS.

Unfortunately Everett in his contract year, ditto Ekeler and Allen is due big money again next year when for sure we have to sign Herbert.
                  So I do think we're going to spend some draft capital on offense. Just don't know if it's going to happen in the 1st.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

I'm good with drafting DL guys. BUT DB was not a problem so long as Davis was playing. Did you watch the Jags game? What
                    happened after Davis went out? That's why we need a CB. Jackson is not a sure thing. We also need a FS.

Unfortunately Everett in his contract year, ditto Ekeler and Allen is due big money again next year when for sure we have to sign Herbert.
                    So I do think we're going to spend some draft capital on offense. Just don't know if it's going to happen in the 1st.
                    The Chargers need
                    WR with speed
                    TE - more than just a bunch of JAGS. I have zero idea why it was a relief Parham was brought back.
                    OT and OC depth Linsley not getting young

Edge: Mack and Bosa: could be on their last year
                    RB: Is Spiller the answer
                    CB: correct about JCJ as how will he recover
                    WR2: Allen and Williams contracts were terrible re-done - so stupid. Mind blowingly stupid

Hence, Telesco should trade back and get more picks in Rounds 2-4. My guess, he trades up for a CB or TE

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I have no reason to expect it will be better. May not be the same guys but every one of them has missed major parts of a season more than once. I didn’t mention James but I should have. Another overpaid underperformer with injury issues. But let’s play hardball with Ekeler and hope Bijan falls to us?
                      With respect to Ekeler - it sounds like there is a difference of opinion in his value. Ekeler wants 2021/2022 value or CMC value - the Chargers probably want an AAV a couple million higher and no more.

But so far, the offseason has been status quo mainly and hope to stay healthy. Granted, Telesco still has the draft to assess critical needs but up to now, we shall see.

"Its a bold strategy Cotton - we will see if it works.."

Comment

• charger1_sj
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The Chargers need
                        WR with speed
                        TE - more than just a bunch of JAGS. I have zero idea why it was a relief Parham was brought back.
                        OT and OC depth Linsley not getting young

Edge: Mack and Bosa: could be on their last year
                        RB: Is Spiller the answer
                        CB: correct about JCJ as how will he recover
                        WR2: Allen and Williams contracts were terrible re-done - so stupid. Mind blowingly stupid

Hence, Telesco should trade back and get more picks in Rounds 2-4. My guess, he trades up for a CB or TE
                        WR don't care if the guy has blazing speed. He has to get separation and make catches. You don't need 4.3 speed to get behind DBs
                        and burn them. You do need short area moves that gets you space.

TE I don't see any Kelce's in this years draft. There are some that can help us, but it's even doubtful any of them can un seat Everett as
                        rookies. Parham has been a huge disappointment. Mostly due to injuries. But we got him cheap that's why he's currently on the roster.

OT, OC and OG agree
                        Edge agree and it's a prime position
                        RB Spiller is not the answer, move on.
                        CB agreed
                        WR2 agreed, but we're stuck. We either live with the contracts or cut the cords. This could be Allen's last year.

I do not believe TT has ever traded back. But if there was ever a time, this may be it.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

WR don't care if the guy has blazing speed. He has to get separation and make catches. You don't need 4.3 speed to get behind DBs
                          and burn them. You do need short area moves that gets you space.

TE I don't see any Kelce's in this years draft. There are some that can help us, but it's even doubtful any of them can un seat Everett as
                          rookies. Parham has been a huge disappointment. Mostly due to injuries. But we got him cheap that's why he's currently on the roster.

OT, OC and OG agree
                          Edge agree and it's a prime position
                          RB Spiller is not the answer, move on.
                          CB agreed
                          WR2 agreed, but we're stuck. We either live with the contracts or cut the cords. This could be Allen's last year.

I do not believe TT has ever traded back. But if there was ever a time, this may be it.
                          I think a TE can contribute as a rookie even if we have Everett who will only be here 1 more season and be the starter and then after a year w/ experience the rookie can thrive year 2.
                          Who knows, if we get one early maybe they can thrive in the second half of the season but if we get a mid rounder, cool too. As you said Parham is meh but can block.
                          Then...with no major holes, we can be ALL IN for Bowers in 2024 which would be awesomeness imo.

Bowers is a complete package TE.

Comment

Working...
                          X