• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Telesco doesn't care - if he fails - what does he care how he leaves the franchise. Just look at the moves he made this offseason. Those were not the moves of a GM who thinks he will be around in 2024

I have always thought Telesco would trade up more than trade back. But he is not trading up for Bijan. It will be Mayer
    That would be a mistake. Mayer will be good at the next level, but he’s no Kelce.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

It is anticipated that Bijan, Kinkaid and Nolan Sm, my big three, are gone by 21. I would try and trade up to 5, with SEA, for Bijan due to talent level and impact.
      Wu’s wisdom is strong.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Wu’s wisdom is strong.
          In a PFF podcast from a day or two ago, Sam Monson's comp for Bijan was LT, and Mike Renner's comp was Edgerrin James.

TT was with Polian in IND when a most spectacular trade scenario played out, involving the great Aztec Marshall Faulk.

I want to trade EK and picks to SEA for Bijan @ #5 !

EK is COP for them and I can picture SEA doing this.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

In a PFF podcast from a day or two ago, Sam Monson's comp for Bijan was LT, and Mike Renner's comp was Edgerrin James.

TT was with Polian in IND when a most spectacular trade scenario played out, involving the great Aztec Marshall Faulk.

Wow! That would be a lot of draft capital. This year's 1st, next year's 1st, and Ekeler?
            I kind of like this year's 1st and next year's 1st.

Nail down the secondary (and plan for Michael Davis departure next year) with this year's 1st (a real nice cluster of DB/CB @#21).
            Next year's 1st can be used to replace Keenan or Khalil (because you know salary moves are coming).
            Use Ekeler's production to make a SB push this year. Pair him with a 2-4 round RB (Kelley to be a FA in 2024).

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Would cost 1, 2 3 and Ekeler -or a future FRP instead of this years second

For me, a terrible short sighted trade/ Chargers do not have enough depth as it is and giving up all that for a running back - probably not the best use of their resources. Especially with Herbert coming due. Plus Justin Herbert does not have one or two years left. He has 6 to 8 years - why limit his future for maybe one year.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

TT reminds me of AJ Smith the last year or two before he was fired...all those expensive FA signings and bloated extensions...Jyles Tucker, anyone?
                We could do a whole thread on AJ failures later in his tenure. The worst IMO was LB Jonas Mouton in the 2nd round of the 2011 draft. An absolutely ridiculous pick. Aj took him at 61 overall and allowed Justin Houston to fall to the Chiefs at 70 overall.

Another horrendous pick was LB Anthony Waters in 2007 in the 3rd round, 96 overall. What makes this pick particularly galling is that it was the comp pick received for the departure of Drew Brees. Although, in fairness, the pickings were pretty slim that late in the 3rd round of that draft.

But both Mouton and Waters were absolutely useless picks.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

We could do a whole thread on AJ failures later in his tenure. The worst IMO was LB Jonas Mouton in the 2nd round of the 2011 draft. An absolutely ridiculous pick. Aj took him at 61 overall and allowed Justin Houston to fall to the Chiefs at 70 overall.

Another horrendous pick was LB Anthony Waters in 2007 in the 3rd round, 96 overall. What makes this pick particularly galling is that it was the comp pick received for the departure of Drew Brees. Although, in fairness, the pickings were pretty slim that late in the 3rd round of that draft.

But both Mouton and Waters were absolutely useless picks.
                  AJ had some bad draft picks and I think he got a little arrogant and cocky
                  But he put together some damn good teams. 2006 and 2007 were very good teams. Can only hope Telesco has a draft and the results show on the field

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Or two firsts, something like that.
                    Yeah, I was wondering. I don't think he'd be worth this year's and next year's 1st round picks.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

I just saw an Ekeler to Denver rumor. I'd be ecstatic with an Ekeler for Jerry Jeudy trade. (Do I think it will happen? No.) I just think Jeudy and Herbert would make magic together. Jeudy would be that deep threat that would force defenses to constantly have to defend the entire field against Herbert. Jeudy has had his stumbles in Denver, but if you look at his stats from the 2nd half of last season (and the video), he looks to me like an elite talent who is starting to reach his full potential.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post

They played the easiest schedule against defenses last year? Sure didn’t look like it

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

You’ve gone deeper off the deep end than most

Comment

Working...
                          X