• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I have underestimated you. Sincerest apologies.
    Just a French major from the Bronx.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

I also hate seeing them sitting on their thumbs to see speed WRs signing for cheap deals. I’m really hoping they at least bring in WR Olamide Zaccheaus for a visit. I’ll take an undersized 4.29 guy that can be a solid number 4 or 5 WR any day. But at 5’8” 195, he’s pretty stalky.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
        I also hate seeing them sitting on their thumbs to see speed WRs signing for cheap deals. I’m really hoping they at least bring in WR Olamide Zaccheaus for a visit. I’ll take an undersized 4.29 guy that can be a solid number 4 or 5 WR any day. But at 5’8” 195, he’s pretty stalky.
        I like this guy too over possibly Carter - -I truly wanta really fast guy in some capacity

I also like some of your R2/R3 names at WR: Mims, Scott, Reed, Palmer over the R1 players

Comment

• charger1_sj
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2022
          • Send PM

Ok on Kincaid this is getting borderline hilarious.

He's old 25 and injured OR he's 23 and his injury is minor.

He's no Kelce OR he been better in college than Kelce.

He's reached his ceiling OR he's the best receiving TE coming out of this year's draft.

He can't block OR he's not bad at blocking similar to Gates.

LOL, I'm begining to believe there are 2 Kincaids.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I have pointed this out before, but have you seen how many targets Musgrave has dropped...in the horribly small sample size we have on him? No real production, not enough tape to watch...very pedestrian after the catch...I honestly dont know what all the buzz is about...and he drops the ball...16.1% drop rate...that is bad...nevermind the injury history. Better, safer picks through round 2...his potential and athleticism might warrant a 3rd, but I am "Luke" warm on him, sorry...

Kincaid may develop into a fine blocker...or maybe not...but he looks better catching and running than Kelce ever did in college...

As for the pros, NOBODY is Kelce right now...but if ANYBODY can project to that level, its Kincaid...and 23 isnt that old for a TE.

Im not even thinking bout Bowers....I might spend a top 15 pick on him...but we wont be picking there...Im not spending multiple picks to move up from somewhere near the bottom of the first to get him...pipe dream.

Edit: You know what...who am I to crush dreams? OK....so...if we knock the draft outta the park this year...pick up WR, Edge, and DT that all turn out to be great hits, and by the end of the year, all three are starters going forward...and JC comes back midseason and looks really good, our WR, dline, and secondary are looking flush...and Bowers again looks special...maybe I package some picks and move up next year....but that is a lot of ifs...lol...but isn't that what dreams are made of?
            Spot on for me. I dont see the big draw for Musgrave either. Didnt run as fast as the hype indicated and YAC just isnt there.

As for Bowers you laid it out fine. If we do land Kincaid im off Bowers but if we dont, id be all in for him. Afterall, Bowers is the reason Washington didnt start for them.

If we draft a later TE say round 4, Everett is sure to be gone after this season and im just not high on Parham or McKitty. Smartt ive no idea what we got but a TE will be needed as i figure McKitty wil be gone as well after this season.

All depends on how things shake out but loved the kid since i saw his play early as a freshman.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post
              Ok on Kincaid this is getting borderline hilarious.

He's old 25 and injured OR he's 23 and his injury is minor.

He's no Kelce OR he been better in college than Kelce.

He's reached his ceiling OR he's the best receiving TE coming out of this year's draft.

He can't block OR he's not bad at blocking similar to Gates.

LOL, I'm begining to believe there are 2 Kincaids.
              Or you dont watch tape...or believe guys that dont do research.

I believe the guys i know watch tape, as i do, and i believe Daniel Jeremiah. For someone to say he is 25, you damn well know they havent researched him at all lol. It takes 5 seconds to ask Google how old he is.

Travis Kelce is 33, still playing great going on 34. Ill take 11 years from Kincaid no problem.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I believe the guys i know watch tape, as i do, and i believe Daniel Jeremiah. For someone to say he is 25, you damn well know they havent researched him at all lol. It takes 5 seconds to ask Google how old he is.

Travis Kelce is 33, still playing great going on 34. Ill take 11 years from Kincaid no problem.
                What does the prophet Jeremiah have to say?

Full disclosure I do not follow college football, haven't for years. The tape you refer too are often highlights.
                You have to watch games, which I do not. Not possible to watch all games on all these guys. Have to rely on
                scouting reports and analysts.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

What does the prophet Jeremiah have to say?

Full disclosure I do not follow college football, haven't for years. The tape you refer too are often highlights.
                  You have to watch games, which I do not. Not possible to watch all games on all these guys. Have to rely on
                  scouting reports and analysts.

Ill help out you non researchers lol. Below is Jeremiahs comments but click on his name below the scrambled picture of him and you can also read what Lance Zeirliens scouting report says.

Also there are tape of players that have been broken down against opponents they faced and just shows every play on offense highlighting them. So you can see then blocking, catching, etc. Those are what i try and find instead of just watching highlights. Not every player has those type of videos out but they are more helpful.

Highlight tapes arent very helpful. They are called highlights for a reason and Ryan Leaf even has one lol.

Rank

Dalton KincaidZach Ertz coming out of college.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2022
                    • Send PM

Ill help out you non researchers lol. Below is Jeremiahs comments but click on his name below the scrambled picture of him and you can also read what Lance Zeirliens scouting report says.

Also there are tape of players that have been broken down against opponents they faced and just shows every play on offense highlighting them. So you can see then blocking, catching, etc. Those are what i try and find instead of just watching highlights. Not every player has those type of videos out but they are more helpful.

Highlight tapes arent very helpful. They are called highlights for a reason and Ryan Leaf even has one lol.

Rank

Dalton KincaidZach Ertz coming out of college.

Thank you. But by reading lots of other stuff on the web, I came to a similar conclusion. He is the best pure receiving TE coming out of this year's
                    draft.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

If we draft a later TE say round 4, Everett is sure to be gone after this season and im just not high on Parham or McKitty. Smartt ive no idea what we got but a TE will be needed as i figure McKitty wil be gone as well after this season.
                      Does the coming Herbert extension make it that hard to retain other players? Everett is reliable in the passing game, and he can still get better. His character fits the so-called culture that Telesco and Staley wants to foster.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Travis Kelce is 33, still playing great going on 34. I’ll take 11 years from Kincaid no problem.
                        I’m not even worried about Kincaid at 30 right now, much less 34. I watched a bit more than just a bit of Kincaid tape - he’s explosive and fluid for a bigger guy. He’s as fast as most of the WRs on our roster. I suspect all the negatives coming out now are generated by teams that are interested in him - its liars month after all.

It hinges on if Moore and BS want to build a LOS team first, that would point to Mayer or Washington who would a beast to help open up the edges and get a share of Mauler pass catches but not light the scoreboard. Washington might add the benefit of taking a few DBs out of games - short term injuries, I hope - of course.

Re: Rd 3 targets - I like Kuntz over Musgrave based on the limited tape I’ve seen of each. Talk me out of it, I’m easily persuaded.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Does the coming Herbert extension make it that hard to retain other players? Everett is reliable in the passing game, and he can still get better. His character fits the so-called culture that Telesco and Staley wants to foster.
                          I think the coming Herbert extension means the chargers should be looking for more cheap depth. That means trading back out of first round to get another 2nd or 3rd -- as opposed to trading up, drafting a higher paid player and losing a cheap contract.

I don't think they should cut Everett - the cap savings is nominal. They do need to draft a TE though.

Comment

Working...
                          X