• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

There are a variety of opinions about who runs the Chargers draft. Many of us think Staley gets a full yea or nay vote and that he will confer with his staff & friends.
    My opinion is that the draft & FA have been different since Staley came on board, making pre-Staley draft tendencies immaterial.
    Staley values CBs and DB depth- which was an obvious need vs Jax in particular. So there's that.
    I further extrapolate that Staley and Telesco want to feature Herbert in new OC Moore's offense and will have an eye on offensive stars. So, there's that.
    IMO we are drafting TE - WR- DB early in order of BPA when on the clock.
    Murphy would probably be the same kind of deal breaker as Bijan.Not likely to be there. Too good to pass on..
    the same was said about AJ, and that didn't preclude him from drafting Merriman, Mathews, Hardwick, etc.

and Staley also made it pretty clear that they were pretty darn happy w/the all of Keenan, MW and Palmer.... do you think he's geekin' for a WR4 ??

and did Murphy fall outta favor for a reason, or is it an oversight by the draftnik punditry ?? know that Voch Lombard was not so high on him, and don't think Murphy's Pro Day changed his opinion ??

personal suspicion is that we're drafting TE early and then Front 7 after that.
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

no IDL/front 7 ?? and do you have IOL after that ??
      For sure IOL at some point as well - good call out. The chargers need to be thinking about better depth than Clapp &/or Jaimes

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I think we are full up on starters except for CB and S. Looking back at TTs previous draft, he has always taken the best player available at a position of need, so Boltnut may be on to something here. A CB may well be the pick.
        the only guy that makes sense by my take and in that scenario.... is Branch, and.... like most, suspect he'll be off the board by 21.

are you a Clark Phillips guy (don't recall him in your cluster), or would you opt otherwise round one if Branch is gone by then ??
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I hope you're right.
          Right now, my top desires are CB and EDGE. Mainly because I think those positions are deep... and will be the BPA in rounds 1 and 2.
          Plus, I like some WR's, RB's, and TE's in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th rounds.
          so Murphy Phillips 1-2.... mmmm, you're not wrong very often BN.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

the only guy that makes sense by my take and in that scenario.... is Branch, and.... like most, suspect he'll be off the board by 21.

are you a Clark Phillips guy (don't recall him in your cluster), or would you opt otherwise round one if Branch is gone by then ??
            Actually, I'm not a draftnik. I used to be but in my old age I don't spend the time on it that it takes. I do think a CB at 21 seems like a real possibility just because of TTs track record. I really like Branch but I doubt we'll have a shot at him.

If I was TT, I'd be looking to build up the weapons for Herbert. I'm not crazy about this crop of WRs so I think I'd go TE in the first round, hopefully, Kincaid. I'm not down on Mayer like many are. I see him as a guy that does everything well - catch, run, block. He doesn't have the speed most people are wanting but he gets open.
            I think Herbert could be the equal of any QB in the league if he had the right players with him.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

If its OK, I would like a stab at that...Sydney Brown...though mid round might be a stretch...might have to strike day 2...but another option vs 1st round DB...

Most people think box safety, but he has played almost everywhere effectively, from slot to high safety...and kid has the speed and quicks to be a good slot guy...another versatile DB. Playmaker who is always around the ball...8 interceptions, 7 pass deflections...hits like a truck...good instincts...football playing jesse, lol...think Staley doesnt like HIS tape?

I got a mock where we pick him up in the third, and his brother Chase in the 4th...whimsical stuff, I know...but would be cool as hell, lol

Anyway...just spitballing here...
              My bad...conflicting data...I read elsewhere only 6, not 8 interceptions.
              The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Sorry, I don't think Clark Phillips is a first rounder. Maybe not a second. Huge reach IMO.
                I think DJ Turner is better, faster , taller though a bit lighter and I got him round 2-3 but probably not making it to us at our round 3 pick.
                Riley Moss in round 4 if we don't go CB early but rather WR or TE, is my next guy.
                If Bijan don't get to us my next RB I like is Rochon round 3.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-12-2023, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Actually, I'm not a draftnik. I used to be but in my old age I don't spend the time on it that it takes. I do think a CB at 21 seems like a real possibility just because of TTs track record. I really like Branch but I doubt we'll have a shot at him.

If I was TT, I'd be looking to build up the weapons for Herbert. I'm not crazy about this crop of WRs so I think I'd go TE in the first round, hopefully, Kincaid. I'm not down on Mayer like many are. I see him as a guy that does everything well - catch, run, block. He doesn't have the speed most people are wanting but he gets open.
                  I think Herbert could be the equal of any QB in the league if he had the right players with him.
                  give him the weapons he needs and let the chips fall where they may. I’ll just say this, if we don’t get a premium RB Ekeler is going to find himself with the leverage he craves in late August

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    Sorry, I don't think Clark Phillips is a first rounder. Maybe not a second. Huge reach OMO.
                    I think DJ Turner is better and I got him round 2-3 but probably not making it to use at our round 3 pick. Clark might.
                    What takes Clark Phillips out of the 1st for you...?

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

the same was said about AJ, and that didn't preclude him from drafting Merriman, Mathews, Hardwick, etc.

and Staley also made it pretty clear that they were pretty darn happy w/the all of Keenan, MW and Palmer.... do you think he's geekin' for a WR4 ??

and did Murphy fall outta favor for a reason, or is it an oversight by the draftnik punditry ?? know that Voch Lombard was not so high on him, and don't think Murphy's Pro Day changed his opinion ??

personal suspicion is that we're drafting TE early and then Front 7 after that.
                      Dude (Murphy) just plain sucks...then Dallas drafts him at #26. Nothing like bagging on a guy so he drops to your team at #26.
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Myles Murphy...Proday.

"Murphy ended up with a really solid workout that was headlined by a 4.53 40-yard dash while weighing in at 268 pounds on his 6'4 12 frame. His short shuttle time of 4.29 was also notable while his 7.21 in the three-cone was just fine. Overall, his relative athletic score of 9.71 ended up well into the “elite” range."

https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/202...urphy-kj-henry

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Also his team mate would be a nice addition too somewhere down the line...KJ Henry.

Comment

Working...
                          X