• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Uh......too many years of proving they are just that.
    JH would be smart to wait to sign anything. He doesn't want to tether himself to a sinking ship if there are other floatable options.
    Ah yes, here's my one opportunity to get in a Titanic reference on draft day...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Ah yes, here's my one opportunity to get in a Titanic reference on draft day...
      GIF by South Park
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

GIF by South Park
        In case you wondered how the song ends …

GIF by South Park
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

I wouldn't necessarily say it's anti-Chargers hostility...I suppose it's lifelong Bolts fans venting their frustration over some of TT's bonehead draft day decisions...especially giving up valuable 3rd and 4th round picks to move up and reach for a player who later on turns into an epic bust...
          Exactly. I could have thought for sure he was moving up for Mayer yesterday. See what he does today on Day 2 of the draft. I can see him trading up for Mayer, Porter Jr or Branch. But again, thats using draft capital to do it.

Based on his track record of drafting in R3 - might be better used in atrade than taking a player with a 5th round consensus grade in R3

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Exactly. I could have thought for sure he was moving up for Mayer yesterday. See what he does today on Day 2 of the draft. I can see him trading up for Mayer, Porter Jr or Branch. But again, thats using draft capital to do it.

Based on his track record of drafting in R3 - might be better used in atrade than taking a player with a 5th round consensus grade in R3
            Yep...I can totally see TT using our 2nd and 3rd rounders to move up and snag his Golden Domer TE, when we really need to stay put and see who falls to us...plenty of good TE's in this draft still...I think we need to go D-line in round 2, if slotting is correct...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Yep...I can totally see TT using our 2nd and 3rd rounders to move up and snag his Golden Domer TE, when we really need to stay put and see who falls to us...plenty of good TE's in this draft still...I think we need to go D-line in round 2, if slotting is correct...
              Agree totally. If he were to use Ekeler to get a draft pick and had an extra pick to go move up in R2 - that could be one scenario. But I think trading a 4th to move up in R2 wouldn't be the best move

Popper just had a list of players out there - they should have the ability to get a good player at 54. again depending on board - maybe moving back to the top of the 3rd for an extra 4th as well

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Well, we're not getting a feature RB or TE 1 in this draft. Does that make signing Ezekiel Elliot more likely?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  Well, we're not getting a feature RB or TE 1 in this draft. Does that make signing Ezekiel Elliot more likely?
                  I just don't see it with Ekeler on the roster

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

I just don't see it with Ekeler on the roster
                    Who then? Are they going into the season with Ekeler/Kelley/Spiller? No upgrade at all from last season? Maybe they have faith Spiller will breakout this season, I don't know. I just see them signing a veteran RB, and Elliot seems to make the most sense. I guess they could get luck and find a stud RB among the UDFAs, but don't count on it.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Hope not. Guess we’re just throwing it 90% of the time

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Who then? Are they going into the season with Ekeler/Kelley/Spiller? No upgrade at all from last season? Maybe they have faith Spiller will breakout this season, I don't know. I just see them signing a veteran RB, and Elliot seems to make the most sense. I guess they could get luck and find a stud RB among the UDFAs, but don't count on it.
                        I don't disagree with you about the same RB room and just hoping that the OL plays better

Obviously not a need from Telesco and the teams point of view

They better hope Spiller improves

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

I don't disagree with you about the same RB room and just hoping that the OL plays better

Obviously not a need from Telesco and the teams point of view

They better hope Spiller improves
                          Maybe they have a guy in Rd 7. That is wheee the chiefs got Pacheco last aeason

Comment

Working...
                          X