• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Of course the biggest upgrade will come from the change @OC.
    The play design and playcalling will create mismatches.
    Moore's designs will take defenders out of the box, open things up, and let our playmakers make plays.

The offense will be special. The pieces are there (including the OL, finally).
    If we score like I think we will, that will take pressure off of the defense and let them play with a lead.
    Hopefully the defense will be allowed to play aggressively and take advantage of other's mistakes. Create some turnovers.

Get the lead... keep the lead. Be aggressive on both sides of the ball.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post

Basically meaning I love our Quarterback. He’s the best. He’s at rookie minicamp getting familiar with Quentin Johnston. But he doesn’t have to do that.

he has a pretty big contract that he’s supposed to get. He could just sit it out. But he’s doing what the greats do the Mahomes the Brady’s the Mannings. Get chemistry with your receiver so he can know where you throw it. Burrow does that has that with Chase and Higgins.

basically saying he’s a Charger committed to team.

You get? Sound good?
      No, that doesnt sound good.

It sounds GREAT!
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
        Of course the biggest upgrade will come from the change @OC.
        The play design and playcalling will create mismatches.
        Moore's designs will take defenders out of the box, open things up, and let our playmakers make plays.

The offense will be special. The pieces are there (including the OL, finally).
        If we score like I think we will, that will take pressure off of the defense and let them play with a lead.
        Hopefully the defense will be allowed to play aggressively and take advantage of other's mistakes. Create some turnovers.

Get the lead... keep the lead. Be aggressive on both sides of the ball.
        ^ This...hopefully Moore will optimize our O to make JAGs look good, to make good players look great, and to make great players look ELITE!

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Keenan Allen 6'2", 210
          Mike Williams 6'4" 220
          Quentin Johnson 6'3" 215
          Josh Palmer 6'1" 210
          Gerald Everett 6'3" 240

That's pretty good size for receiving targets. Chargers should be able to find some mismatches this year.
          Sprinkle in some Derius Davis... along with Austin Ekeler out of the backfield... and a DC has his work cut out for him.

We're golden. I'm not stressed out over not drafting a TE or RB. They were on my list. Honestly, I'd rather have the above weapons.
          Justin should be pretty happy. I don't think we've ever had this calibur of playmakers.
          We screamed all offseason for playmakers. Then we drafted them. We're still screaming... SMH.
          My draft interest in TE was sparked by two things, quality available, Moore's proclivity for 2 TE sets. Apparently that wasn't an issue.
          Everett, 6-3, 250, McKitty 6-4, 246 seem like candidates to keep an eye on in the 2023 offense, among the 6 Chargers TEs.
          I'm looking for solid blockers who can break into a route and catch.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
            Anybody seeing this Ekelor/Rams stuff? How does that make sense for either team? Honestly, some of the garbage these people come up with...desperate to generate news where there is none...the very, very slim chance Eke was gonna be traded came and went with the draft...just silly.
            Agree,
            Havent seen it but would disregard anyways. Twitter is filled with just people like us who somehow get a lot of followers and they put out BS tweets.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

My draft interest in TE was sparked by two things, quality available, Moore's proclivity for 2 TE sets. Apparently that wasn't an issue.
              Everett, 6-3, 250, McKitty 6-4, 246 seem like candidates to keep an eye on in the 2023 offense, among the 6 Chargers TEs.
              I bought into the 2-TE talk at first, too.
              But then I took a look @Cowboys 2022 depth chart.
              That WR group (outside of CeeDee Lamb) was pretty underwhelming.
              It's no wonder that Moore decided to go with 12 and 13 personnel. Their strength was the run personnel available.

Moore has no preference scheme-wise. He'll smartly use the personnel available to him.
              Our strength next year will be @WR. We're 4-deep there (KA, MW, JP, and QJ). And we have a speedster (Davis) I hope to see in creative formations and in motion across the formation. I think we'll run out of spread formations. Moore talks about creating running gaps along the LOS... creating surface area. In Dallas, they did that with TE's. I think he does the same thing this year... he'll use WR's, though. And the surface area and running lanes will be wider.

Consider our RB's compared to the 2022 Cowboys' RB's. Different body types... different abilities.
              Everyone assumed we'd draft RBTE early. We didn't draft them at all. This offense will look very different than Cowboys 2022. And it starts with personnel. I'm excited to see what this offense looks like next year. This year's offense might make Air-Coryell look like child's play.
              Last edited by Boltnut; 05-20-2023, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

It's no wonder that Moore decided to go with 12 and 13 personnel. Their strength was the run personnel available.

Moore has no preference scheme-wise. He'll smartly use the personnel available to him.
                Our strength next year will be @WR. We're 4-deep there (KA, MW, JP, and QJ). And we have a speedster (Davis) I hope to see in creative formations and in motion across the formation. I think we'll run out of spread formations. Moore talks about creating running gaps along the LOS... creating surface area. In Dallas, they did that with TE's. I think he does the same thing this year... he'll use WR's, though. And the surface area and running lanes will be wider.

Consider our RB's compared to the 2022 Cowboys' RB's. Different body types... different abilities.
                Everyone assumed we'd draft RBTE early. We draft them at all. This offense will look very different than Cowboys 2022. And it starts with personnel. I'm excited to see what this offense looks like next year. This year's offense might make Air-Coryell look like child's play.
                Agree, the good ones adapt to the personel and that's what he had in Dallas and McCarthy still said they passed too much for his liking. I liked that Moore said he takes a little of all schemes and puts one together.

Said it before and ill repeat it.....Moore was our best offseaon signing imo. Im excited to see a better offense and just hope the personel changes and DC that the defense can also step it up a notch.....a couple notches would be nice.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Utah
                  • Midnight Toker
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He is only 6'2", 220 lb TE. 230 on another site.
                  Kuithie better be fast because he is in no man's land in size for a TE in the NFL.

We had this discussion once already. Kincaid killed anything Kuithie did there in short fashion. And why isnt Kuithie a product of the system as you say Kincaid is? He is too short and light for a real NFL system.

Kincaid will do well in Buffalo.
                  Yep we did and my point is only that he wasn't even the 1st option for Utah. I'm not serious when I mention Kuithie. But he will be playing on sundays. I still don't believe that Kincaid or Mayer were 1st round talent.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Yep we did and my point is only that he wasn't even the 1st option for Utah. I'm not serious when I mention Kuithie. But he will be playing on sundays. I still don't believe that Kincaid or Mayer were 1st round talent.
                    True but like anything else, when he got his chance he proved to be the better guy. Sometimes all some dudes need is a chance. Not sure why they cant see that in practice and it takes an injury to force their hand. Getting injured derailed Drew Bledsoe's career and vaulted Bradys.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Everyone assumed we'd draft RBTE early. We draft them at all. This offense will look very different than Cowboys 2022. And it starts with personnel. I'm excited to see what this offense looks like next year. This year's offense might make Air-Coryell look like child's play.
                      PB Candy.
                      Moore says he taps into the concepts Don and many of the greats used. I want some!
                      OTAs leak some news, Mandatory Mini Camp 6-13,14 Moore interesting. End of July, Aug 1 Training Camp starts. Not that I'm watching the calendar.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I just watched a breakdown of some of Moore’s vertical pass game concepts, he said the Cowboys ran an 11 grouping 62% of the time last year (1 TE). I don’t know the stat as I’ve read the opposite here previously, so fact checkers feel free to check, as I’m not counting up all Dallas plays ever. Not sure if this was already posted somewhere, link below. If someone can repost the magic sauce for embedding YT and Twitter posts, I’ll write it down for next time too

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

If he ran 62% of the time an 11 package, with Zak, he might run even more with Herbie. Hence - QJ is the perfect pick and I agree with prior posters that just on talent level, QJ >> any TE we could have taken R1. Later rounds - I like Tuli in 2, I love Henley in 3. Edge and LB were two areas we desperately needed new firepower. TE was a luxury. Then R4 they have option of a TE project vs an elite return guy and they assessed they have zero good return guys on the roster and it’s greater team value. that also made sense to me (if DD can do what we hope and not get snapped in half like some fear).

R5-6 they went trench depth, always important to stock a few vs at that point a backup TE project and it looks like they got a couple gems (yeah, we’ve thought that before). R7 there wasn’t a TE prospect standing out as someone who would even play in 2023. Ezeike is interesting (sorry on SP if wrong), maybe he is a hidden UDFA gem.

As other said, as it unfolded, I like their draft. A mature professional draft, without seeing any of them play, I see a very sound intelligent flow to their picks. I don’t dislike any of them (yet ). Can’t get everything you want for a team in 4 picks, which is where the TE cream was skimmed from the cup. Everett and Parham are quality TEs - big Qmark hangs over Parham’s helmet which is scary. Maybe Smart takes a step after a year in an NFL program too.

I see the key grouping they didn’t address is S, not TE. Rolling some die there … I am quite ok with TE, given the WR weapons we now have to distract away from anyone playing that position.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                          Anybody seeing this Ekelor/Rams stuff? How does that make sense for either team? Honestly, some of the garbage these people come up with...desperate to generate news where there is none...the very, very slim chance Eke was gonna be traded came and went with the draft...just silly.
                          I tried looking into it but from what I can see -like many rumors - this was just totally made up by a blogger thinking of a possible trade

No Deal Howie! No Deal

Comment

Working...
                          X