Clear All
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

They played the easiest schedule against defenses last year? Sure didn’t look like it
    Right? But...OUR defense is showing vast improvement! That's the good news. Went all the way from 28th to 27th! At this rate, we'll have a stellar defense in 2051 (or thereabouts). LOL!

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Right? But...OUR defense is showing vast improvement! That's the good news. Went all the way from 28th to 27th! At this rate, we'll have a stellar defense in 2051 (or thereabouts). LOL!
      Play 2023 with a top scoring offense, healthy pass rush, run D and DBs.
      Roll those dice. Whatever happens, happens.
      Eff history. Let's play THIS season.

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Play 2023 with a top scoring offense, healthy pass rush, run D and DBs.
        Roll those dice. Whatever happens, happens.
        Eff history. Let's play THIS season.
        That's all they can do. One thing I think - I hope - will come out of this season: Something definitive about Telesco/Staley & Co. Another playoff miss - or a one and done - and I can't believe that there will be those who still feel the status quo is the best way to proceed. We shall see.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Wow! That would be a lot of draft capital. This year's 1st, next year's 1st, and Ekeler?
          I kind of like this year's 1st and next year's 1st.

Nail down the secondary (and plan for Michael Davis departure next year) with this year's 1st (a real nice cluster of DB/CB @#21).
          Next year's 1st can be used to replace Keenan or Khalil (because you know salary moves are coming).
          Use Ekeler's production to make a SB push this year. Pair him with a 2-4 round RB (Kelley to be a FA in 2024).
          I’d rather do the two firsts plus Eke. I think TT/Staley would too: they get the premium player they need, plus $6 mil in cap space NOW, and still have all their picks this year, all for a pick later. They need to win now.

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

I’d rather do the two firsts plus Eke. I think TT/Staley would too: they get the premium player they need, plus $6 mil in cap space NOW, and still have all their picks this year, all for a pick later. They need to win now.
            Is somebody proposing that we trade Ekeler, our #21 pick, and our #1 NEXT year...all for the #5 pick this year? Is that what it would take, points wise, to move up 16 spots? If so, I would NEVER do that trade. This team needs all the new players it can get. And we can't leave next year's new coaching staff and GM without a 1st-rounder.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Is somebody proposing that we trade Ekeler, our #21 pick, and our #1 NEXT year...all for the #5 pick this year? Is that what it would take, points wise, to move up 16 spots? If so, I would NEVER do that trade. This team needs all the new players it can get. And we can't leave next year's new coaching staff and GM without a 1st-rounder.
              Maybe if Will Anderson is on the board still. I'm not moving up to #5 for Bijan. Borderline brain dead for me.
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
                Let's do this!
                • Aug 2022
                • Raleigh N. Carolina
                • Send PM

LT and E James were pretty dramatically different players..

Kind if a wide swing on that comparison

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

IMV a trade with SEA would involve receiving two mid round picks. They have too many total picks.

We would accomplish several things.
                  --Bijan is a generational RB.
                  --The bad juju involving Ekeler would be sidestepped.
                  --Austin would get a fresh start as a COP RB on a team with a healthy cap profile.
                  --LAC would make up for the loss of draft capital with the two picks.
                  --We would also have adequate picks, albeit not as high, as this draft is deep at our positions of need.

SEA moves around a lot in drafts.
                  They would be at 20,21 in the '23 Draft for starters here.
                  They are typically flexible as to needs, but do like extra high picks and number of prospects over a solitary very high selection.

IMHO.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post
                    LT and E James were pretty dramatically different players..

Kind if a wide swing on that comparison
                    The two HOFers each had complete games.
                    Bijan has a similar, very broad, high end skill set.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      IMV a trade with SEA would involve receiving two mid round picks. They have too many total picks.

We would accomplish several things.
                      --Bijan is a generational RB.
                      --The bad juju involving Ekeler would be sidestepped.
                      --Austin would get a fresh start as a COP RB on a team with a healthy cap profile.
                      --LAC would make up for the loss of draft capital with the two picks.
                      --We would also have adequate picks, albeit not as high, as this draft is deep at our positions of need.

SEA moves around a lot in drafts.
                      They would be at 20,21 in the '23 Draft for starters here.
                      They are typically flexible as to needs, but do like extra high picks and number of prospects over a solitary very high selection.

IMHO.
                      I'm just not giving up more than our 1st, 2nd, and Ekeler for the #5 pick.
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

That's all they can do. One thing I think - I hope - will come out of this season: Something definitive about Telesco/Staley & Co. Another playoff miss - or a one and done - and I can't believe that there will be those who still feel the status quo is the best way to proceed. We shall see.
                        I agree. Our expectations for 2023 appear to be at opposite ends of the spectrum but that's immaterial. The results can speak for them selves.

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I'm just not giving up more than our 1st, 2nd, and Ekeler for the #5 pick.
                          That's also a lot. I guess you can reason that Ekeler is gone after this year - almost certainly - so might as well get something for him while he's still under contract. But, man...giving up draft picks. For a team with SOOOOOO many needs. Just doesn't seem the best way to proceed. Particularly since Telesco is making the picks in the later rounds. JT Woods/Isiah Spiller, anyone?

Comment

Working...
                          X