Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
    Woods had 57 tackles as a SR, numerous awards. https://baylorbears.com/sports/footb...jt-woods/10548
    Not knowing how to tackle isn't the issue.
    I just noticed, he's also a 5X honor roll guy.
    So learning the system shouldn't be the problem either.

My guess is that maintaining NFL weight will be his biggest struggle.
    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I really liked the good parts we saw from Naz - was disappointed in his inconsistency.

Nobody knows what we got in Woods. Apparently the staff isn’t shivering about iit but most of us are.
      This is very true. I bring up wanting more Edge depth and Safety depth. I think Telesco for sure and probably staying - will have little margin for error this coming season

So if they see the potential in Woods - just hope they are right. Personally, I think they have a chance to have a damn good season so why not bring in a bit more depth just to make sure. But hope springs eternal

Bolt up!

Floating around the twitter verse this weekend was "Name your favorite QBs to watch" and name your favorite WRs to watch
      WR - I came up with Reggie Wayne, Sterling Sharpe and John Jefferson

QB: Elway (yes he was a Bronco but the dude was damn good), Rivers, I did put Brady as he was so good and finally, of course, no names, jsut the acronym wsa needed: MFIC

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

This is very true. I bring up wanting more Edge depth and Safety depth. I think Telesco for sure and probably staying - will have little margin for error this coming season

So if they see the potential in Woods - just hope they are right. Personally, I think they have a chance to have a damn good season so why not bring in a bit more depth just to make sure. But hope springs eternal

Bolt up!

Floating around the twitter verse this weekend was "Name your favorite QBs to watch" and name your favorite WRs to watch

QB: Elway (yes he was a Bronco but the dude was damn good), Rivers, I did put Brady as he was so good and finally, of course, no names, jsut the acronym wsa needed: MFIC
        We have a lot of depth prospects on the roster. Not high rated, granted. I'd guess that the coaches want a look at them in OTAs, mini-camp before spending any more.

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Bolt up!

I think woods could be a great deep safety if he ever learns how to tackle.... not sure how he will learn that since they dont tackle in practice......?.... but he has speed, coverage and ball hawking skills....

they have not drafted or signed any safeties so they must think he is going to tsake a big jump..... or maybe they are moving a CB to safety? or signing the ex ram safety?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I think woods could be a great deep safety if he ever learns how to tackle.... not sure how he will learn that since they dont tackle in practice......?.... but he has speed, coverage and ball hawking skills....

they have not drafted or signed any safeties so they must think he is going to tsake a big jump..... or maybe they are moving a CB to safety? or signing the ex ram safety?
            we don't have that many surplus good CBs to be moving them over to S, do we?
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Thanks Fleet.

Looks likely to carry 3 QBs on the 53 now.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Thanks Fleet.

Looks likely to carry 3 QBs on the 53 now.
                I think the roster last year was 46 active on game days, maybe 45

So now it will be 45 (or 46) but that QB doesn't count. So each team might as well have three active QBs. Granted, it doesn't add a player to the 53 man roster

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

About freakin' time.

Here's The Athletic....

NFL teams will be allowed to dress a third QB on game days without using an active roster spot this season, the NFL announced Monday. Here’s what you need to know:
                  • The new bylaw allows a team activate a third QB “during the game, if the club’s first two quarterbacks on its game day Active List are not able to participate in the game due to injury or disqualification.”
                  • The new rule was approved Monday at the Spring League Meeting in Minnesota.
                  • Its approval follows the 2022 NFC Championship Game that saw the 49ers have to re-insert an injured Brock Purdy into the game after backup Josh Johnson entered concussion protocol.
                  What the rule says

The emergency activation “cannot be a result of a head coach’s in-game decision to remove a player from the game due to performance or conduct.” And if either of the injured quarterbacks initially designated as active for the game are cleared by the medical staff to return to play, the emergency third quarterback must be removed from the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

The league said the roster rule was being made for the “integrity of the game.” Why change the rule?

The 49ers, of course, were left without a quarterback in the conference championship – and thus had no real chance of winning the game – after both Purdy and his backup, Johnson, were hurt. At the time Jimmy Garoppolo still was recovering from a foot injury and was unavailable while Trey Lance was on injured reserve with a broken ankle. If the third-quarterback rule were in effect, they could have added someone else to the game-day roster, perhaps Jacob Eason, who was waived earlier in January or Kurt Benkert, who spent the first half of the season on the practice squad. Would they have beaten the Eagles with Eason or Benkert? Probably not. But the game, which ended 31-7, certainly would have been more competitive. — Barrows

'Wasn't in the cards': Putting the 49ers' QB injury misery in perspective The 49ers made adjustments

How have the 49ers addressed their quarterback depth after the nightmarish end to the 2022 season? The team seems increasingly optimistic Purdy will return from his elbow injury at some point in training camp, which means he has a shot of being on the field for the Sept. 10 opener in Pittsburgh. If not, the start will go to either Lance or free-agent addition Sam Darnold. The 49ers also signed Joe Burrow’s longtime backup, Brandon Allen, in free agency. And they signed Oregon State’s Jack Colletto after the draft. Colletto’s official position is fullback, but he took a lot of quarterback snaps with the Beavers. He’d be the 49ers’ very last choice to play that role. Then again, if he had been on last year’s roster, he certainly would have been running the offense in the second half in Philadelphia. — Barrows

Josh Johnson? Javon Kinlaw? The 49ers who stood out in Philly — both good and bad How this affects San Francisco moving forward

The NFL’s new bylaw specifies that the third emergency quarterback must be on the 53-man roster — and not just on the practice squad. If that quarterback is designated for emergency duty, he won’t count against the 46-man game day total.

ADVERTISEMENT

How does it influence the 49ers’ roster dynamics moving forward? Simply put, it further incentivizes them to carry three QBs — Purdy, Lance and Darnold — on the 53-man roster, because there’s less dead weight if one of those three won’t count against the game day limit. If this rule had been in place last season, the 49ers would’ve likely signed another veteran down the stretch run and had him in the emergency position for when disaster struck in Philadelphia. — Lombardi Required reading
                  G-Ro knows.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

I just read on Twitter that Joey is at OTA camp. Thats a change from prior years where he trained on his own, away from the team?

Joey gets serious.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

I just read on Twitter that Joey is at OTA camp. Thats a change from prior years where he trained on his own, away from the team?

Joey gets serious.
                      Bring it Joey. Mack and Bosa - 25+ combined sacks!!

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Joey gets serious.
                        I think that qualifies as a "flip" right?
                        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Ekeler skipping OTAs, I read.

Comment

Working...
                          X