Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
    I just read on Twitter that Joey is at OTA camp. Thats a change from prior years where he trained on his own, away from the team?

Joey gets serious.
    Im hoping he is hungry and angry after such a disappointing season...lil bro gotta be pushing him...im 50 plus, and still competing with my brothers, lol...no matter what I say at thanksgiving about anything...one or the other will pick up the threads of the other side of the arguement...sibling rivalry, even between bros who like each other, can be a powerful motivator...Joey gonna bring it, no question...he stays healthy, its gonna be huge for us.
    The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
      Ekeler skipping OTAs, I read.
      Yet another flip, but backwards.
      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Im hoping he is hungry and angry after such a disappointing season...lil bro gotta be pushing him...im 50 plus, and still competing with my brothers, lol...no matter what I say at thanksgiving about anything...one or the other will pick up the threads of the other side of the arguement...sibling rivalry, even between bros who like each other, can be a powerful motivator...Joey gonna bring it, no question...he stays healthy, its gonna be huge for us.
        But not too angry.
        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Thanks Fleet.

Looks likely to carry 3 QBs on the 53 now.
          I read the entire rule change explanation, and all I can say is-- It seems curiously rare that a rule change has been initiated after a team OTHER THAN the Chargers got hosed by some loophole-- like, Holy Roller, or Hochuli.

It was truly refreshing! lol

Comment

• sdchrgrboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2021
            • San Diego
            • Send PM

Ekeler skipping OTAs, I read.
            Ekler hasn't attended these OTA's in the last few years. (which are voluntary)

Ekeler, who turned 28 this month, has not been participating in the Chargers’ voluntary offseason program, which has been his standard approach in recent years. Coach Brandon Staley said Monday that he expects Ekeler to attend the team’s two-day mandatory minicamp in June.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by sdchrgrboy View Post

Ekler hasn't attended these OTA's in the last few years. (which are voluntary)

Ekeler, who turned 28 this month, has not been participating in the Chargers’ voluntary offseason program, which has been his standard approach in recent years. Coach Brandon Staley said Monday that he expects Ekeler to attend the team’s two-day mandatory minicamp in June.
              Right. Seems he’s not too concerned about learning Moore’s scheme, I dunno.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Ekeler's a bright guy, not learning from scratch. I don't foresee a problem. He'll be at mini- camp, training camp and preseason.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

He didn't attend when we got Lombardi as a new DC and did fine. I'm not concerned. He will have 3 months if he hadn't already got a new playbook.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Agree, not so much concerned with Ekeler I guess, but it will open the door for every other RB to get looks in Moore’s system. Competition good, eh?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Ekeler's a bright guy, not learning from scratch. I don't foresee a problem. He'll be at mini- camp, training camp and NO preseason.
                      Given Staley didn’t like to play starters in PS BEFORE Mdub had that freak injury and missed the JAX game, I’d say the odds that key starters play in the PS went down from there, not up. We’ll see, could be wrong.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Given Staley didn’t like to play starters in PS BEFORE Mdub had that freak injury and missed the JAX game, I’d say the odds that key starters play in the PS went down from there, not up. We’ll see, could be wrong.
                        Good point. On the other hand Moore may want run some scrimmages vs other teams. I dunno.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Good point. On the other hand Moore may want run some scrimmages vs other teams. I dunno.
                          I am still old school and think starters should play SOME during PS. Not a lot, just some to knock off some rust. I do agree the value is over-stated as coaches won’t run any interesting plays - only the most generic that they likely don’t need PS reps on.

Injuries can happen any time - it’s hard to not play players based on that fear but you do need to be smart about it. I recall TPB was overwhelmingly critical of Staley last PS … cries of “if they come out slow…”

of course they came out and beat the Raiders so … you know
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X