• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

From Popper

Dustin Hopkins is dealing is something physically, per Brandon Staley. Which explains why he hasn’t been kicking over the last week or so.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

News and notes

• Tight end Gerald Everett, edge rusher Joey Bosa and receiver Quentin Johnston also missed Saturday’s practice with what the team said was an illness. “Just normal sickness going through a football team,” Staley said.

• Defensive lineman Sebastian Joseph-Day did not practice. He is dealing with a quad contusion, according to Staley. The Chargers are already thin along the defensive line with Austin Johnson (knee) and Otito Ogbonnia (knee) on the physically unable to perform list. “We have a lot of young guys that are competing for spots,” Staley said.

• Cornerback J.C. Jackson missed his second straight practice as he continues his return from the ruptured patellar tendon he suffered last season. “Just part of the process of going through a tough injury, and there’s going to be a tough way back,” Staley said.

• Other players who did not practice: Defensive back Kemon Hall, running back Tyler Hoosman, linebacker Nathan East, tight end Michael Ezeike, linebacker Blake Lynch, offensive lineman Nic Melsop and receiver Darrius Shepherd.

• Dicker went 10-for-10 on field goals and extra points in the scrimmage. Six of those were in a designated field goal period. Dustin Hopkins is dealing with an injury, according to Staley, which is why he has not kicked since Day 2.​

Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

There’s that mystery illness again.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Thank you very much for the reports, 21 & F21.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Curses are for the soft-minded.
            Some people "revere."
            I would argue that Coryell's yellow jacket chokes the last breath out of any vestiges of a curse.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

LOL. Charger fans invented the term. Not to get under anyone’s skin. To explain the team’s proclivity for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory in new and imaginative ways.

Staley doesn’t have his head in the sand. He knows what he’s up against. Ignoring won’t make it go away
              Cherrypicking of details...interspersed with amusing typos...approved.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                BetterToday ThanYesterday
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                so making any astute observations at training camp today was way harder than I anticipated. Lot's of distractions, bad blecher seats, smelly noisy people, mini heat strokes etc.
                but I saw a few things:
                I'm a believer of the Hightower hype. Made at least 2 contested catches with great body positioning.
                Darius Davis I'm a bit down on after that drop and I think he ended with 2 drops.
                here is the least surprising sentence ever: guys, without our starting tackles, we're in deep deep shit.
                Mack moves faster than most linebackers imho, just a force today.
                Scott Matlock has power and is pretty agile. Enough to forklift the human tub mr Salyer.
                it was really hard to tell if the starting guards did their job in the run game because of the crappy angle but the run D was stout.
                James looked great everywhere including as a passrusher.
                Tuli did too, very strong.
                Palmer beat ASJ and basically every db he went against, he's very physical at the catch point.
                I'll post more if I remember. Long day, gnight guys.
                Thank you!

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

I disagree strongly Kendricks is better than Tranquill. Tranquill may not have been as good right in the box at the point of attack but he played with fire, hustle, and emotion and made a lot of splash plays in big moment. Kendricks mostly plays in slow motion and lags around like he doesn't give a shit. Trust me Tranquill will be celebrated in KC and missed here.

I hope you're right about Moore I've watched 13 games so far of Dallas last season and am totally unimpressed. As of now based on what I've seen I'm thinking he's actually a downgrade from Lombardi. I've watched 13 games of football and he has yet to use a single screen to a running back. Not one! Very few easy schemed up throws. Everything is difficult hoping our front is better than your front and our guys can beat your guys. I'm actually watching their game vs Jacksonville now and the difference in playcalling between him and Peterson is astounding. Doug Peterson is a guy who I would consider a very good play caller. Lawrence sux in the straight dropback game, they struggle with protection and aren't exactly a really physical Oline, but he makes their offense effective by spreading the defense horizontally and utilizing a ton of misdirection, screens, etc. That Jacksonville offense is a pain in the ass to defend and Peterson really leverages what he has to work with there.
                  Tranquill isn't going to be a starter in KC. Right there should tell ya something.
                  But we'll see. They may have an injury and he has to start.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

There are 100 other games just like that historic Chiefs flop.
                    But no one here admits to know about them.
                    Fixed it - cuz they all know. They all know and they all actively pretend they don’t know. This crowd isn’t oblivious Man on Street, they know all of this just like you and I know. 31 teams don’t win the SB every year, there are lots of flame outs, blow outs, flops and fails. but these guys insist that their Charger team is the only team that caved, choked, flopped, “chargered” whatever.

Our coach is a moron, their coach is genius, he is perfect. He would never x y z … even though he already did many times and they know all about it. Andy was the ultimate chargering coach in Philly - that’s why they fired him. It was a mistake because there is no such thing as Eagling. It was superstition, spells and voodoo shit. His first playoff game at KC was worse than our loss too. KC FO is smart enough to stick with him and he won 2 SBs later and now he’s confirmed to be the genius he always was.

They know all about it and they are all lying.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

Curse Breaker #5:

Party like it's 1999

I frequently sweep my aura with lemon and salt.
                      I add tequila sometimes... I use a TV as my alter.
                      12 days is a bit excessive...
                      And don't forget to shout 'Salud!".

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                        James looked great everywhere including as a passrusher.
                        I had a total 'WTF?!? moment, when at first glance I read this as 'Jaimes'. LOL

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Here's some Milton Wright Highlights. I like the guy's size, and he appears to have some deep speed. In most of the highlights, he's wearing '0', but in a few he's wearing '17'.

(1) Milton Wright Highlights! Welcome to the Los Angeles Chargers!! - YouTube

Comment

Working...
                          X