Clear All
  • nomad1946
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2017
    • West Yellowstone, Montana
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
    Observation: It's interesting that the Chargers front office finally see the value in re-signing a RT in Pipkens for $9 million a year but $20 million for a head coach is beyond the pale.
    Different pots of money.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Observation: It's interesting that the Chargers front office finally see the value in re-signing a RT in Pipkens for $9 million a year but $20 million for a head coach is beyond the pale.
      Teams have to spend 95% of the salary cap on players.

Comment

• Duck of Death
        Social Piranha
        • May 2022
        • Flyover, USA
        • Send PM

QUESTION - what’s the latest on Nick Niemann? Is he anywhere close to his brother in terms of untapped talent? After an adjustment period, Bro Ben seems to have arrived as a solid defender. I believe Nick had better “measurables” out of college. But I don’t recall what his shortcomings where last year. How did his season on special teams rate?

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post
          QUESTION - what’s the latest on Nick Niemann? Is he anywhere close to his brother in terms of untapped talent? After an adjustment period, Bro Ben seems to have arrived as a solid defender. I believe Nick had better “measurables” out of college. But I don’t recall what his shortcomings where last year. How did his season on special teams rate?
          He apparently does quite well on the ST unit. Hard to say what he could be if he started over Murray for a game, but the potential is there to be another Drue.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

I expect TT to go younger and cheaper this off season. We didn’t win this year with these expensive players so their jobs are on the line.

Expect some “ouches” when cuts come.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
              A few R1 mocks I’ve read have LAC taking

- Darnell Washington - TE - UGA
              - Lucas Van Ness - Edge - Iowa
              - Michael Mayor - TE - Norte Dame
              - Brian Branch - S - ‘Bama
              - Mazi Smith - DT - Michigan
              - Jordon Addison - WR USC
              - Olu Fashano - DT Penn St
              - Anton Harrison - OT Oklahoma
              A couple of those names might end up being considered “reaches” at pick 21 IMO…but addison could end up going higher…as a whole, I wonder if this crop of WRs is as good as we’ve seen in the last 3-4 years…
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

We’ve had elite TE play on the Chargers with Winslow and Gates. I miss that
                Pupunu?
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Probably the TE that is most like Winslow, Gates, or Waller / Kelce in this draft would be Kincaid from Utah

Washington is a huge target from Georgia and Mayers is good weapon

I think the best TE, maybe player, I saw in college football this year was Brock Bowers. He was a sophomore He is going to be a difference maker
                  bowers looks like a kelce clone…

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                    A good TE is often the QB's best friend. Everett is decent but he's not quite the number one target that Herbert needs. Maybe Kincaid or Meyer could be that guy. We sure could use another TE because McKitty isn't much of a receiver and Parham seems like an accident waiting to happen.
                    Maybe we should all start thinking about a TE prospect while we watch college basketball.
                    mckitty is looking like a bust…the blocking hasn’t been as advertised and he’s been a non factor as a receiver, he needs to put in work with herbert in the offseason, it doesn’t seem like herbert trusts the guy…

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

The cap money for players has a mandated minimum that they have to spend, coaching, trainers, etc. those expenses have no minimum…I’m trying to remember if the spanos have ever paid too dollar for a coach…

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post
                        I think Nieman has been one of our better STs players, he’s fast as hell, like a larger safety tho, his body doesn’t look like he can take the pounding at linebacker, it’ll be interesting to see if they pass on signing tranquill if nick will get his shot…it’s telling that undrafted ogbongbemiga has seen more snaps on defense since both him and nick arrived in the 2021 draft/offseason…amen might be the guy that gets the nod this year in place of tranquill but nick is a much faster more athletic player…

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

bowers looks like a kelce clone…
                          Love that guy but he is a true Sophomore, will likely be in the 2024 draft.

Pupunu was not elite.

Comment

Working...
                          X