• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • electricgold
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

You arent debating. You are telling me what needs to happen and i countered with facts....that you disregard.
    Kelce dont count because he s a freak and a a future HOFer? Slayer isnt a freak and a possible future HOFer? He could be and is still playing great for us.

And i can name several others but why waste my time when you are set in your thoughts on it? You can look it up for yourself but you dont want to. You just want to rant on about it.

Sorry, many of your takes arent very well thought out. Just being honest. Is that better?
    I'll try and respond to you one last time to make you understand the point I'm making and tell you why Kelce doesn't count as a good example as opposed to the improper use of grammar of "Kelce don't count" and don't, I and aren't in which you are trying to make your point! You are comparing the TE position to the WR position and saying see a player like Kelce who plays TE is proof that a WR who is past the age of 30 can still be great. When you say Allen is still playing great for us, he isn't based on his season he just had last year. He did not play great last season based on his best seasons not even close. He played a few games where he had really good games at best. Lastly I'm not telling you what has to happen in regard to Allen. What you are misinterpreting is my point that Allen is probably to big of a risk to keep him as our number #1 WR while paying him what his salary will do to our salary cap! I'm telling you there was only 1 WR last season who was past the age of 31 who put up a 1000 yard season and that was Adams! The odds of Allen having a season like he just did to me seems to be more of a possibility than him having a Adams like season. He could but the odds are he won't. You mention you can name several other WR's that are 31 and older that prove KA should remain as our #1 WR option. Based on last season you can only name one and that would be Adams. I would think if all the teams in the NFL had a choice between Adams or Allen the answer is pretty obvious to most which WR would be the choice.

Allen would be nice to keep if he agrees to restructure his contract and we draft a blue chip WR prospect coupled with signing a younger FA WR. Also if Guyton comes back healthy this year would be nice. This is my opinion and again I could be wrong. You are saying we need to keep KA no matter what and that is the best move to make and anyone else who disagrees is making a lame take.

That is all.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

I'll try and respond to you one last time to make you understand the point I'm making and tell you why Kelce doesn't count as a good example as opposed to the improper use of grammar of "Kelce don't count" and don't, I and aren't in which you are trying to make your point! You are comparing the TE position to the WR position and saying see a player like Kelce who plays TE is proof that a WR who is past the age of 30 can still be great. When you say Allen is still playing great for us, he isn't based on his season he just had last year. He did not play great last season based on his best seasons not even close. He played a few games where he had really good games at best. Lastly I'm not telling you what has to happen in regard to Allen. What you are misinterpreting is my point that Allen is probably to big of a risk to keep him as our number #1 WR while paying him what his salary will do to our salary cap! I'm telling you there was only 1 WR last season who was past the age of 31 who put up a 1000 yard season and that was Adams! The odds of Allen having a season like he just did to me seems to be more of a possibility than him having a Adams like season. He could but the odds are he won't. You mention you can name several other WR's that are 31 and older that prove KA should remain as our #1 WR option. Based on last season you can only name one and that would be Adams. I would think if all the teams in the NFL had a choice between Adams or Allen the answer is pretty obvious to most which WR would be the choice.

Allen would be nice to keep if he agrees to restructure his contract and we draft a blue chip WR prospect coupled with signing a younger FA WR. Also if Guyton comes back healthy this year would be nice. This is my opinion and again I could be wrong. You are saying we need to keep KA no matter what and that is the best move to make and anyone else who disagrees is making a lame take.

That is all.
      I knew you were going to start bringing up TE's in their 30's and comparing them with the WR position! Also Moss was another first ballot hall of fame WR who had otherworldly speed! We. Need. To. cut. KA's. Cap Hit. it's that simple.
      This isnt telling me what needs to happen? It has periods after each word for emphasis. ​

I do not need you to Splain shit to me. Pardon my Grammer.

Clearly you don't have a grasp on this game.
      And to add....you complaind I called your takes lame.
      You have said to me twice now the word "understand" like I don't understand your point.
      I do, I just don't think its very good.or well thought out.

And now you call out my Grammer.
      Cool, and that's fine. I'm good with that.
      But you understood what I meant, right?

And speaking of Grammer, didn't you learn to break up your paragraphs? Makes it easier to read.
      I'm of the opinion that others criticize Grammer when they don't have a good comback or inferior to the understanding of the game, or topic... which has always been clear to me, you lack.

I'll also reiterate telling you, you are lame, I think is on par with your Jab's at me. And I'm fine with it. I may deserve that or not, and don't care. Im aware i fired the first shot.

I'm not always right, never claimed to be but there are more here agreeing with me than they are you. Those likes you don't get might tell you that. I know you don't care about those and ok, agree there but still, you get none is the point.

Oh and I assume you understand Keenan missed 7 games this season and parts of 2 others?
      Maybe you don't because your argument he didn't have a good a season as before reflects you don't.

His receptions per game, targets per game played, TDs, yards , and other things that are top 5 in the league that were posted here suggest he had a good season as ever and is still performing at a high level.

He just had a injury for the first time in the last 5 pro bowl years prior to this season.

I've also seen you use the word blue chip often and it doesn't apply where you have used it. Means you don't under what a blue chip is.

Keenan wasn't a blue chip yet look what he became. We don't need a blue chip reciever from this draft and not sure there are any.

Also who cares how many WRs over 30 had 1000 yards? That was last year, means nothing.
      There are many 29 year old WRs that likely will get 1000 yards next year provided they don't get hurt. Keenan had 752 in 8 full and 2 partial games.

Age is a number not a sentence. Not every 30-31+ reciever are created equal. 30 is more worrysome for a RB. I can give you example after example of that and did give a small sample. There are lots of them.
      Look it up yourself before you say someone is done after producing well. Makes you look bad when you don't.

Keenan may get released but I doubt it. I think they extend him but we will see. I could be wrong and would be shocked if they did.

There is going to be some tough decisions. Me I'd rather trade Joey.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-12-2023, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• Florida fan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

How do you know Allen's better days are not behind him in the modern day game? No one really does for sure and I'm not really claiming they are for sure, I'm just saying the risk is too high to keep Allen as Herbert's #1 WR, and it would be smarter to let his cap money go and spend the money in other areas! I'll take one of the top WR's in this years draft over 30 something Allen, and it looks like the Chargers brass could be thinking the same thing based on the reports. Allen really needed to show out in the Jags game and he didn't after having many games of rest with his body, which is in fact considered slight!

Furthermore if the goal is to win a championship Joiner is not a good example, he is also a hall of famer and one of the all time great WR's of all time! I could name many modern day WR's who once they were 31 were done, who were better than Allen. Never forget the goal is to win a Championship! A 31 year old WR like Allen seems to for sure hinder the Chargers odds of winning a bowl especially with the cap money he is taking up coupled with the modern day game! Herbert needs a next generation WR, in a perfect world. I could be wrong and that's a fact, but to say you are wrong as an absolute proves you could be wrong and the odds are you are probably wrong, because no one could know for sure what happens next season!
        Very good points, but the cheap ass chargers are simply trying to balance the budget.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

looking over the Chiefs recent draft history, it might not just be Andy Reid and Mahomes that have us overmatched....

round seven we drafted Ja'Sir and Deane Leonard.... the Chiefs chose Jaylen Watson and Pacheco

we passed on Trey Smith (5x) for Josh Palmer, McKitty, Rumph, Brendan Jaimes and Rountree....

last year we drafted Zion, the Chiefs got both Trent McDuffie and George Karlaftis round one....

round two they got their receiver that peoples here are pounding the table for, and.... we traded for Khalil in lieu of George Pickens round two.

in FA, we spent $20m on MW.... they spent $3m on Juju Schuster.

they signed Joe Thuney.... we signed Matt Feiler.

they also went out and spent two picks for Kadarius Toney.

bottom line re: the draft.... our FO/GM has made some decent picks, albeit overall and pretty much, he/they have yet to distinguish themselves outside of the top 50 picks.
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

will also add, that as much as I would like to knock off/dethrone Mahomie and his Chieftains, really not certain we can do that in the foreseeable future.... ??

do expect us, save another unreasonable slew of injuries, to be @least a win or two more in the win column next season.... just not certain we are set up capwise for the longterm ??

what is our operating philosophy, and who are we as a team ??

my personal suspicion is that we are gonna have another bump w/Brandon next season, but prolly sooner than later, we might be sobering up yet again, and.... for the if and when Lady Luck has her way, Dean may well be stepping down, and perhaps someone like Harbaugh (and Brees) will be stepping in.... next chapter for the LAC.
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Florida fan View Post

Very good points, but the cheap ass chargers are simply trying to balance the budget.
              Well there is a thing called the salary cap .....

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

This isnt telling me what needs to happen? It has periods after each word for emphasis. ​

I do not need you to Splain shit to me. Pardon my Grammer.

Clearly you don't have a grasp on this game.
                And to add....you complaind I called your takes lame.
                You have said to me twice now the word "understand" like I don't understand your point.
                I do, I just don't think its very good.or well thought out.

And now you call out my Grammer.
                Cool, and that's fine. I'm good with that.
                But you understood what I meant, right?

And speaking of Grammer, didn't you learn to break up your paragraphs? Makes it easier to read.
                I'm of the opinion that others criticize Grammer when they don't have a good comback or inferior to the understanding of the game, or topic... which has always been clear to me, you lack.

I'll also reiterate telling you, you are lame, I think is on par with your Jab's at me. And I'm fine with it. I may deserve that or not, and don't care. Im aware i fired the first shot.

I'm not always right, never claimed to be but there are more here agreeing with me than they are you. Those likes you don't get might tell you that. I know you don't care about those and ok, agree there but still, you get none is the point.

Oh and I assume you understand Keenan missed 7 games this season and parts of 2 others?
                Maybe you don't because your argument he didn't have a good a season as before reflects you don't.

His receptions per game, targets per game played, TDs, yards , and other things that are top 5 in the league that were posted here suggest he had a good season as ever and is still performing at a high level.

He just had a injury for the first time in the last 5 pro bowl years prior to this season.

I've also seen you use the word blue chip often and it doesn't apply where you have used it. Means you don't under what a blue chip is.

Keenan wasn't a blue chip yet look what he became. We don't need a blue chip reciever from this draft and not sure there are any.

Also who cares how many WRs over 30 had 1000 yards? That was last year, means nothing.
                There are many 29 year old WRs that likely will get 1000 yards next year provided they don't get hurt. Keenan had 752 in 8 full and 2 partial games.

Age is a number not a sentence. Not every 30-31+ reciever are created equal. 30 is more worrysome for a RB. I can give you example after example of that and did give a small sample. There are lots of them.
                Look it up yourself before you say someone is done after producing well. Makes you look bad when you don't.

Keenan may get released but I doubt it. I think they extend him but we will see. I could be wrong and would be shocked if they did.

There is going to be some tough decisions. Me I'd rather trade Joey
                100% agree would rather trade Bosa. But its easier to release Allen than trade Bosa

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Do people actually think we are going to trade Bosa? If those people think he is overrated or overpaid, why do they think some other team will be willing to take on his contract and him as a player?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    Do people actually think we are going to trade Bosa? If those people think he is overrated or overpaid, why do they think some other team will be willing to take on his contract and him as a player?
                    Not sure but he is highly regarded by others. It's just a possible cap savings move which happens. Just a scenario, probably won't happen but something has to give.

I'm mean geez, we got a 3rd rounder for Clipboard Jesus, anything is possible.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Not sure but he is highly regarded by others. It's just a possible cap savings move which happens. Just a scenario, probably won't happen but something has to give.

Best nickname ever!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Exactly! You never know what is out there

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

I'm going to repeat what I said after Week 2.
                          We outplayed the Chiefs. I'm not afraid of the Chiefs...
                          the SB Champs.

I'm keeping Mack and Bosa. Why would I provide Patty Mahommes comfort...?
                          I saw what happened to Mahommes (2 SB's ago) when he got pressured. Is OBJ coming back? One more year... the timing is right.

I'm keeping Keenan and Mike. Our WR's are better than the Chiefs WR's. 3 out of the 4 starting secondary players for the Chiefs (McDuffie, Watson, Cook) were on Nutty's wish list last year... so I like them. But they're not ready for KA, MW and JP. Ball control offenses can beat the Chiefs. Keep Patty/Kelce on the bench. Build your OL... we're almost there!

Re-structure,-Re-structure, Cut and Extend. We can get there...

Comment

Working...
                          X