• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
    I'm not enamored with the top of the WR class... but I do like the depth of this class. I think somewhere around 3rd or 4th round, the WR's start becoming the BPA's... I think a good one falls and we make a value pick. Maybe Mims falls to the 3rd. Maybe Charlie Jones falls to the 4th. Something like that. I'm looking for WR's with decent speed to stretch the field and to field punts. Guys with enough potential to soften the blow of eventually losing Keenan.
    I like the WRs in Round 2/3 like Mims, Reed, Scott and even Trey Palmer who seems to be a R4 guy

TE seems to have some decent depth beyond Kincaid, Washington and Mayer

Edge and I think CB as well has some decent depth in the draft as well

Now again, just not trading back to trade back. But again, if the board aligns properly and draft grades are pretty similar from 20 to 40 - might be nice to get that extra 2nd or 3rd. Now, again, top 15 talent based on draft ratings is on the board - prefer that kind of talent. Especially if its Bijan Robinson

With needs at WR, RB, TE and Edge - I think it would be an almost wasted pick to take a guy like Branch if there is the possibility of trading back and using two picks to get two of those positions.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I like the WRs in Round 2/3 like Mims, Reed, Scott and even Trey Palmer who seems to be a R4 guy

TE seems to have some decent depth beyond Kincaid, Washington and Mayer

Edge and I think CB as well has some decent depth in the draft as well

Now again, just not trading back to trade back. But again, if the board aligns properly and draft grades are pretty similar from 20 to 40 - might be nice to get that extra 2nd or 3rd. Now, again, top 15 talent based on draft ratings is on the board - prefer that kind of talent. Especially if its Bijan Robinson

With needs at WR, RB, TE and Edge - I think it would be an almost wasted pick to take a guy like Branch if there is the possibility of trading back and using two picks to get two of those positions.
      I don't think Bijan will be there at #21. If he is... then yeah BPA.
      Branch is just so versatile, tough, and instinctive. I may even have him as BPA over Bijan.

The CB position is deep. But there are so many I have ranked late 1st/early 2nd... that there will be a run on them... and slimmer pickings @#54 than most people expect. Ringo, Cam Smith, Forbes, Brents, Stephenson, Turner... may all be gone by #54.

CB's like Tyson Campbell and ASJ have proven that early/mid 2nd rounders can prove to be valuable against modern offenses.

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Ekeler agent should call Tampa Bay and D.White-LB.
        Chargers should consider trading Ekeler/Murray for White/5th Rd pick.
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

I don't think Bijan will be there at #21. If he is... then yeah BPA.
          Branch is just so versatile, tough, and instinctive. I may even have him as BPA over Bijan.

The CB position is deep. But there are so many I have ranked late 1st/early 2nd... that there will be a run on them... and slimmer pickings @#54 than most people expect. Ringo, Cam Smith, Forbes, Brents, Stephenson, Turner... may all be gone by #54.

CB's like Tyson Campbell and ASJ have proven that early/mid 2nd rounders can prove to be valuable against modern offenses.
          I know that Branch has some skills and is very good - but when looking at the Chargers - DB is not an issue. Its WR with some playmaking ability, RB, TE and Edge

If you use the 21st pick on Branch - how do you fix those other 4 positions. Granted, I do understand that since JJ3 hasn't signed hte Chargers have a need at Safety because the safety they drafted in the third round last year can't tackle

Just like the TE they draft two years ago isn't good and the Edge rusher from two years ago isn't good

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

I know that Branch has some skills and is very good - but when looking at the Chargers - DB is not an issue. Its WR with some playmaking ability, RB, TE and Edge

If you use the 21st pick on Branch - how do you fix those other 4 positions. Granted, I do understand that since JJ3 hasn't signed hte Chargers have a need at Safety because the safety they drafted in the third round last year can't tackle

Just like the TE they draft two years ago isn't good and the Edge rusher from two years ago isn't good
            Yep.Better be a home run draft.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Yep.Better be a home run draft.
              I will take a bunch of "doubles" and not triples or home runs. Just some guys that bring production from Rounds 2-5

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

I will take a bunch of "doubles" and not triples or home runs. Just some guys that bring production from Rounds 2-5
                For TT that would be a home run.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

For TT that would be a home run.
                  True enough. Always hopeful in Tommy though not a fan. I want him to nail this "shfuff"

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

I watched that Jax game and I think CB is an issue. Especially if Callahan isn't back. It's also possible Jackson misses the early season.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

I'm not enamored with the top of the WR class... but I do like the depth of this class. I think somewhere around 3rd or 4th round, the WR's start becoming the BPA's... I think a good one falls and we make a value pick. Maybe Mims falls to the 3rd. Maybe Charlie Jones falls to the 4th. Something like that. I'm looking for WR's with decent speed to stretch the field and to field punts. Guys with enough potential to soften the blow of eventually losing Keenan.
                      how much better than Michael Bandy is Charlie Jones ??
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
                        Let's do this!
                        • Aug 2022
                        • Raleigh N. Carolina
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                        Ekeler agent should call Tampa Bay and D.White-LB.
                        Chargers should consider trading Ekeler/Murray for White/5th Rd pick.
                        Agree

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

DB is a huge issue. Just re-watch the Denver game (when Callahan was out) or the Jags game (when M.Davis exited).
                          JCJ is re-habbing (but hasn't tested the knee by cutting/planting). Patellar injury is historically difficult to return to original.
                          Michael Davis is a FA @ the end of 2023.
                          In essence, it is very possible that we are down the one CB (ASJ) by the end of 2023. BTW, we play predominantly with 3 CB's.

1.CB
                          2. Edge
                          3. WR
                          4. RB
                          5. TE

Edge, WR, RB, and TE are all depth. We already have starters @each and every position. Not so @slot corner.

Comment

Working...
                          X