• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Ekeler's a bright guy, not learning from scratch. I don't foresee a problem. He'll be at mini- camp, training camp and preseason.
    Hope yer right...didn't realize u had a direct pipeline to Ekkie's plans...isn't that what we expected of Moaning Mel before he pulled a Gordon?

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Good point. On the other hand Moore may want run some scrimmages vs other teams. I dunno.
      We are scrimmaging against the Saints for 2 days before our preseason game with them - the most valuable thing about the entire preseason.

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

We are scrimmaging against the Saints for 2 days before our preseason game with them - the most valuable thing about the entire preseason.
        The coaches set the format in that scrimmage. The "preseason games "are scrimmages in an NFL game format. Both are useful in determining roster cuts and practice squad.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Hope yer right...didn't realize u had a direct pipeline to Ekkie's plans...isn't that what we expected of Moaning Mel before he pulled a Gordon?
          It was more like published reports. No personal connection here.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Hope to see more of those QB competitions.
            Herb and company
            Vs
            Carr and saints QBs.

those were fun back in the ol Phil days.
            G-Ro knows.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

I just got a look at Ek's new money incentives broken down over on NFL.com. The team was very generous IMHO and they are fairly easily attainable based on his historical performance. Go earn your money Ek and next year you can seek your McCaffery money as an FA.

"RB Austin Ekeler’s revised contract includes up to $1 million for total yards (tiers from 1,125 to 1,639), up to to $600,000 for touchdowns (tiers from 10 to 16), and $150,000 for a Pro Bowl selection, NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero reported Wednesday.​"

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                I just got a look at Ek's new money incentives broken down over on NFL.com. The team was very generous IMHO and they are fairly easily attainable based on his historical performance. Go earn your money Ek and next year you can seek your McCaffery money as an FA.

"RB Austin Ekeler’s revised contract includes up to $1 million for total yards (tiers from 1,125 to 1,639), up to to $600,000 for touchdowns (tiers from 10 to 16), and $150,000 for a Pro Bowl selection, NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero reported Wednesday.​"
                I actually think if the Chargers are going to succeed this year - those will be tough to get. 10 touchdowns is do-able - but I don't see anything close to where he was the last two years. IF, the chargers offense is going to be better

As for all purpose yards - his catches will drop and if Spiller is the featured back, again, hard to get to 1500

This is why Ekeler asked for the money this offseason as he saw it, the agents saw it, fans saw it, the team saw it -- his numbers are probably going to go down this year.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Moaning Mel didn't voluntarily sign a ~$1.5M bump to his pay for the year that he moaned around. Seems pretty different, like apples and nerf balls.

I didnt know he had a pipeline either, thats fantastic news!
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I actually think if the Chargers are going to succeed this year - those will be tough to get. 10 touchdowns is do-able - but I don't see anything close to where he was the last two years. IF, the chargers offense is going to be better

As for all purpose yards - his catches will drop and if Spiller is the featured back, again, hard to get to 1500

This is why Ekeler asked for the money this offseason as he saw it, the agents saw it, fans saw it, the team saw it -- his numbers are probably going to go down this year.
                    good call - forget 1500, the question now is can he get to 1125?
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Total yards is running and passing right? So 65 all purpose yards average is doable. What this deal actually does is protect the Chargers if Ekeler gets injured for more than 4 games in the season. Ten TD's is also doable as well. Just cause other players score doesn't mean Ekeler is going to stop trying whenever he gets the ball.
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Not a lot if you believe Moore. "we're not starting from scratch. There's a lot of good about this team we'll keep" Ekeler has avg 20 TDs per year in '21 and '22. He only needs half that.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                          Outback Goon
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Australia
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Total yards is running and passing right? So 65 all purpose yards average is doable. What this deal actually does is protect the Chargers if Ekeler gets injured for more than 4 games in the season. Ten TD's is also doable as well. Just cause other players score doesn't mean Ekeler is going to stop trying whenever he gets the ball.
                          yeah 66 is easy for EK i reckon.

1500 = 88 per game. Thats doable too

Comment

Working...
                          X