• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by C’monchargers View Post
    Here's Derwin pulling the Launchwhiffy special...had he waited just a bit, he would have had a better chance of making the tackle...but no--he just totally launches himself and whiffs...gotta do better that that, Mr. James...

derwin whiff.jpg

Comment

• C’monchargers
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Maybe Staley's Sophisticated System is also the reason why K9 is not doing all that great the past couple years...seems Murray did better in the Gus D...
      It would be interesting to see, since Murray seems to do quite decent when his assignment is more simple, even during short to intermediate coverage. Perhaps he just need a simple task - “See man, hit man.”

Comment

• C’monchargers
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Here's Derwin pulling the Launchwhiffy special...had he waited just a bit, he would have had a better chance of making the tackle...but no--he just totally launches himself and whiffs...gotta do better that that, Mr. James...

derwin whiff.jpg
        The picture you took, look behind Derwin, there is nobody. If he waited any longer, he would be approaching at 90 degree angle to a fully going 200+ Rb. The only thing I would say is, he should’ve been moving slowly toward the line to cut of the angle instead sitting down to brace for the runner. But that is how close Derwin play the line. And he also cover, seems like a lot of ground to cover for one dude. Cam never had to cover like Derwin.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

When you are injured and not available, you simply won’t be available to earn some of the incentives. Period.
          Maybe you were agreeing with me, i couldnt quite understand. Bosa’s original rookie contract didnt have incentives, it had a big guaranteed signing bonus but Dean didn’t want to pay it all upfront, he wanted to stagger the remittances. That was stupid as it caused Joey’s parents to get pissed and counsel him to hold out, which he then did.

Signing bonus was guaranteed the day you sign it, he was going to get 100% of it, just a question of what day it hit his bank account. Dean wanted to pay half of it out in Dec or Jan or something - it was weird and unnecessary and stupid imo. Joey also was stupid to make a big deal out of it as it impacted his rookie season, obviously.

I never heard anything at the time about injury insurance/protection, other than he didn’t want to come into camp and risk injury until he had signed his deal - thats the only protection part I can think of
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

It would be interesting to see, since Murray seems to do quite decent when his assignment is more simple, even during short to intermediate coverage. Perhaps he just need a simple task - “See man, hit man.”
            He has a simple task. He sees man, hesitates to recognize play, gets blocked out of play.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

derwin whiff.jpg
              If you applied yourself, you could find a play that Derwin executed very well. But you don’t - on purpose. The selective gotcha shit is a bore, brah. He had 105 tackles, QB sacks, TFLs, QB pressures, … he must have made a play somewhere last year.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• C’monchargers
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He has a simple task. He sees man, hesitates to recognize play, gets blocked out of play.
                Yeah he sees too many men.

Comment

• C’monchargers
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Maybe you were agreeing with me, i couldnt quite understand. Bosa’s original rookie contract didnt have incentives, it had a big guaranteed signing bonus but Dean didn’t want to pay it all upfront, he wanted to stagger the remittances. That was stupid as it caused Joey’s parents to get pissed and counsel him to hold out, which he then did.

Signing bonus was guaranteed the day you sign it, he was going to get 100% of it, just a question of what day it hit his bank account. Dean wanted to pay half of it out in Dec or Jan or something - it was weird and unnecessary and stupid imo. Joey also was stupid to make a big deal out of it as it impacted his rookie season, obviously.

I never heard anything at the time about injury insurance/protection, other than he didn’t want to come into camp and risk injury until he had signed his deal - thats the only protection part I can think of
                  Perhaps I misread you post

Comment

• C’monchargers
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

And I would like to add just because it is less known and not put out there it doesn’t mean it’s not in many contracts. Perhaps not big old bold font said injury clause or what so ever but it is in the legal language that serves the mechanism.

I would say it would be bold and stupid to ask for more money with that kind of language or bold font. Mama taught me many things, the most memorable one is,”Son, you can be bold, you can be stupid; but you can’t be bold and stupid.” That would be bold and stupid

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

If you applied yourself, you could find a play that Derwin executed very well. But you don’t - on purpose. The selective gotcha shit is a bore, brah. He had 105 tackles, QB sacks, TFLs, QB pressures, … he must have made a play somewhere last year.
                      Derwin is a very good player...but some people call him elite, and plays like this make me think he needs to quit launching himself and going for the big hit, instead of making the sure tackle...doesn't happen all the time, but it happens enough to allow big gainers...

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

The picture you took, look behind Derwin, there is nobody. If he waited any longer, he would be approaching at 90 degree angle to a fully going 200+ Rb. The only thing I would say is, he should’ve been moving slowly toward the line to cut of the angle instead sitting down to brace for the runner. But that is how close Derwin play the line. And he also cover, seems like a lot of ground to cover for one dude. Cam never had to cover like Derwin.
                        Good point...I'm thinking with Kendricks in there, he should help Derwin quite a bit...

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Let K9 be the designated spy on Mahomes...that's simple enough, right?

Comment

Working...
                          X