• Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Cheap . . .for the win.

Enormous is not a guess - it's been proven out over the last 2 years. BS can't even get the defense to play average football, and that was SUPPOSED to be his strong suit.

We may be moving along nicely (we'll see when the season starts), but we're also negotiating Herbert's extension.
    Consistently. We've been elite and we've been lousy. The avg was mediocre, #22. The most injured roster in the NFL was a sucky stat too. We can both cherry pick
    Mature decision. Waiting costs more.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
      Consistently. We've been elite and we've been lousy. The avg was mediocre, #22. The most injured roster in the NFL was a sucky stat too. We can both cherry pick
      Mature decision. Waiting costs more.
      Agreed on doing the extension now. There's no value in waiting . . . . . . Hope we get a bit of a 'hometown discount' from JH.

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Agreed on doing the extension now. There's no value in waiting . . . . . . Hope we get a bit of a 'hometown discount' from JH.
        It isn't like he has 17 kids to raise & put through college. IMO he'll want to be reasonable about the Chargers future.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

It isn't like he has 17 kids to raise & put through college. IMO he'll want to be reasonable about the Chargers future.
          Hope so. For some reason he seems to really want to be a Charger . . . . . .

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Pay the man.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2023
              • Send PM

Pay him what he wants.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

And there is no reason it should be. BB has won multiple SBs, he's earned the right to make such decision. Staley hasn't proved anything in a year where we suffered
                greatly with injuries. MW was coming off an injury. Herbert had already suffered an injury and our O line is nothing like the one that protected Brady. MW should never
                stepped on the field. Herbert should have been pulled after Q1 if not sooner. The criticism is justified, doesn't have to be consistent. HC are not all the same and
                neither are the players.

I'm pretty sure you meant the Broncos game not the Jags.
                Credentialism is a plague on society, the stupidest deference to blind authority as an excuse to ignore all rational analysis. Lack of consistency is not a virtue, it’s irrational. BB shouldn’t be crucified for doing the exact same thing you criticize Staley for because … he’s won in the past - thats just a stupid argument. Stop embarrassing yourself with idiotic arguments.

Over half of TPB called for starters to play v Denver, I actually did call loudly for key players to sit and i even put Mdub at #1 on my list. a lot of others here are just full of shit.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Oh, I can take it as well as give it out. Fact is, no one has shown me any "proof" (beyond the Pollyanna Bible) that the team is significantly improved over the squad that 'vaulted' to that impressive 10-7 finish last season. I suppose I should be flattered that many are taking the time to respond at all. Must be hitting the proverbial nerve.
                  9-8 to 10-7 is a vault? Lol. 2023 will be better, you don’t need to worry. and you don’t him my nerve, I’ve taken pity on you and just want to help.

hugs.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Oh, I can take it as well as give it out. Fact is, no one has shown me any "proof" (beyond the Pollyanna Bible) that the team is significantly improved over the squad that 'vaulted' to that impressive 10-7 finish last season. I suppose I should be flattered that many are taking the time to respond at all. Must be hitting the proverbial nerve.
                    I've fallen off the turnip truck one too many times.

Its not negativism, its just that i have no expectations other than mediocrity with this current team.

I don't think Staley has it, .... what more can be said?

If they avoid injuries, they'll make the playoffs and be bounced somewhere on the road;
                    if they don't, with their schedule they'll miss out.

They'll be frustratingly inconsistent either way.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I've fallen off the turnip truck one too many times.

Its not negativism, its just that i have no expectations other than mediocrity with this current team.

I don't think Staley has it, .... what more can be said?

If they avoid injuries, they'll make the playoffs and be bounced somewhere on the road;
                      if they don't, with their schedule they'll miss out.

They'll be frustratingly inconsistent either way.
                      But the current team wasn’t mediocre last year, even with historic injuries. They were a playoff team. Making the playoffs is by definition not mediocre. Only what, 1/3 of the league makes it?

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

But the current team wasn’t mediocre last year, even with historic injuries. They were a playoff team. Making the playoffs is by definition not mediocre. Only what, 1/3 of the league makes it?
                        How many lose in the same way we did?Like 2 other teams in NFL history I think?

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

How many lose in the same way we did?Like 2 other teams in NFL history I think?
                          How many get that many takeaways in the 1st half of a playoff game?

Comment

Working...
                          X