Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Fact, to go 10-7 we beat one team with a winning record last season, and I would go as far as saying if Tyreek Hill wasn't hurt in that game we probably would of lost that game too!

I will say this and I'm hoping we make the playoffs and at least win one post season game next season, we will know once and for all if Staley can coach based on this coming year and the results period explanation point. I would say as of today and based on his first 2 years here we don't know. You saw what KC did with a great HC playing the same teams as we did last year record wise, and you saw what we did. KC and The Chargers both had franchise QB's.
      I'm so proud to see you are still able to find more pessimistic ways to see it. You must be fun to live with.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I'm so proud to see you are still able to find more pessimistic ways to see it. You must be fun to live with.
        I would call it factual information. I'm sorry if you regard the facts of this team as pessimism or looking at the worst aspects of the team. Go ahead and try and tell fans of other teams or even the KC fans about how great the Chargers are and what a great HC Staley is and you'll be laughed at in your face. A lot of times when people are spouting out roses and sunshine in reality its all BS and of the imagination. What matters most is positive being and in that aspect I'm doing just fine thank you.

How good did you feel about the Chargers after that Jags loss?

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

I would call it factual information. I'm sorry if you regard the facts of this team as pessimism or looking at the worst aspects of the team. Go ahead and try and tell fans of other teams or even the KC fans about how great the Chargers are and what a great HC Staley is and you'll be laughed at in your face. A lot of times when people are spouting out roses and sunshine in reality its all BS and of the imagination. What matters most is positive being and in that aspect I'm doing just fine thank you.

How good did you feel about the Chargers after that Jags loss?
          I'm sorry, I shouldn't say anything about your pessimistic post. It's your opinion and you are entitled to look at it that way.

To answer your question, I felt very let down after that Jax game but I decided to look at it as a lesson that will help them the next time.

I'll try to refrain from commenting on your posts from now on.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Solid post. Nice to hear from an honest fan that watches games with his mind engaged, not just his emotions.
            'Solid' because you agree with it. Posts that don't agree with your point of view are bullshit. Maybe you should POST with your mind engaged, and not just your emotions. LOL! Funny how Pollyannas are described as 'honest' and 'watch games with [their] minds engaged', while us Negative Nancies lead shitty lives and are all about flying off the handle.

There was a lot of leaps in Boltnut's posts, as eloquent as it was. Too much to reply to, point for point, so I won't waste the board's time with that. However, if I'm challenged to substantiate that claim, I'd be more than happy to waste the bandwidth.

At this point in time, because we have the Pro- and Anti-Staley factions pissing up a storm, I think the best - and most reasonable - thing we can say is that the jury is still out on Staley. I haven't been happy with the guy's game management, ill-advised risk taking (going for it on 4th down from your own 18 yard line?!), ability to make in-game adjustments, and overall game planning and preparation. Plus I think he's too much of a player's coach; not tough enough for the role. The collapse against Jax last year was, IMO, almost all about coaching. The fact that this supposedly star-studded team has played more than a few very uninspiring games speaks to the coaching, as well. The injuries are *not* lost on me. I just think too many of the pro-Staley crowd are blaming his failures too much on the injuries; again, as if we were the only team that had significant injuries.

But hey, the guy's here, there's nothing we can do about it. Personally, I don't think he's got 'it', and I believe we're heading for yet another sub-par season. But that's just Nattering Nabob of Negativity me.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

I'm guessing most of us will be in agreement about him after this season ends. I hope we win the Super Bowl and we all think he's great, but I think many (like me) that are on his side will be joining the "fire-him" crowd if it turns out to be another "below-expectations" kind of season. My view is, he has the horses so he must produce to prove he's a good coach.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                Beef Before Gazelles
                • May 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                But that's just Nattering Nabob of Negativity me.
                Wow! A Spiro Agnew reference! lol

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

I'm guessing most of us will be in agreement about him after this season ends. I hope we win the Super Bowl and we all think he's great, but I think many (like me) that are on his side will be joining the "fire-him" crowd if it turns out to be another "below-expectations" kind of season. My view is, he has the horses so he must produce to prove he's a good coach.
                  I agree, Roo. One of the things that has to fall into place this year is actually beyond Staley's control: The depth. That's on Telesco. And I think if Staley gets the axe next off-season, Telesco should be joining him. We've also gotta stay healthier, and I'm not sure who to blame that on except the Curse of the Bambino.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

'Solid' because you agree with it. Posts that don't agree with your point of view are bullshit. Maybe you should POST with your mind engaged, and not just your emotions. LOL! Funny how Pollyannas are described as 'honest' and 'watch games with [their] minds engaged', while us Negative Nancies lead shitty lives and are all about flying off the handle.

There was a lot of leaps in Boltnut's posts, as eloquent as it was. Too much to reply to, point for point, so I won't waste the board's time with that. However, if I'm challenged to substantiate that claim, I'd be more than happy to waste the bandwidth.

At this point in time, because we have the Pro- and Anti-Staley factions pissing up a storm, I think the best - and most reasonable - thing we can say is that the jury is still out on Staley. I haven't been happy with the guy's game management, ill-advised risk taking (going for it on 4th down from your own 18 yard line?!), ability to make in-game adjustments, and overall game planning and preparation. Plus I think he's too much of a player's coach; not tough enough for the role. The collapse against Jax last year was, IMO, almost all about coaching. The fact that this supposedly star-studded team has played more than a few very uninspiring games speaks to the coaching, as well. The injuries are *not* lost on me. I just think too many of the pro-Staley crowd are blaming his failures too much on the injuries; again, as if we were the only team that had significant injuries.

But hey, the guy's here, there's nothing we can do about it. Personally, I don't think he's got 'it', and I believe we're heading for yet another sub-par season. But that's just Nattering Nabob of Negativity me.
                    That's YOUR line of bullshit. I respectfully disagree with exaggerations, assumptions and fabrications such as the above.
                    "as if we were the only team that had significant injuries". No, were were the most injured team in the NFL in 2022 and the most injured team to make the playoffs.
                    I agree that Staley has something to prove.

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I agree that Staley has something to prove.
                      Then let's just leave it at that...for now at least.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

I'm guessing most of us will be in agreement about him after this season ends.
                        I hope we win the Super Bowl and we all think he's great, but I think many (like me) that are on his side will be joining the "fire-him" crowd if it turns out to be another "below-expectations" kind of season. My view is, he has the horses so he must produce to prove he's a good coach.
                        I agree with this. We'll see what the season brings. All the gnashing of teeth on this board will be resolved - one way or another.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Fact, to go 10-7 we beat one team with a winning record last season, and I would go as far as saying if Tyreek Hill wasn't hurt in that game we probably would of lost that game too!

I will say this and I'm hoping we make the playoffs and at least win one post season game next season, we will know once and for all if Staley can coach based on this coming year and the results period explanation point. I would say as of today and based on his first 2 years here we don't know. You saw what KC did with a great HC playing the same teams as we did last year record wise, and you saw what we did. KC and The Chargers both had franchise QB's.
                          Tyreek wasn't hurt. He played 67% of the snaps.
                          He had 4 others games with less than 67%.

The fact is, Tua was awful because the defense confused him. He completed only 10 passes in 28 attempts. Tyreek caught 4 of them, one a big play. Waddle caught 2.

Might want to give the team some credit. They don't have a great track record vs Miami.

Comment

Working...
                          X