• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

The Spanoses lack self-respect. Dean was a silver-spoon baby. John is the son of a silver spoon baby. Neither have ever had to face the real world and make it for themselves. Every thing they have has been handed to them. They didn't have to earn any of it.

49ers owner Jed York's story is similar. His grandfather made the family fortune and passed it to his children who passed it to Jed. A decade or so ago he decided he could run the 49ers better than the football people he had. He fired everyone (including Jim Harbaugh) and started running the show himself. It was a disaster, the 49ers sunk to a 2-win team. After two seasons he came to the realization he didn't know what he was doing. So he decided to remove himself from the football operations and hired football people to run the football team. Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch. Look at the 49ers compared to the Chargers.
    Jed York is smarter than Dean and John. Lucky for the Niners he realized he didn't know shit.

John thinks he is doing a good job while everybody here and social media, fans in the stands all know he is clueless.

It's why I said those Boo's they heard should hit home at least a little.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
      Beef Before Gazelles
      • May 2021
      • Send PM

If we're doing some forecasting for the future here...

At this point in time, the Patriots (3), Commanders (4), Panthers (1) and Cardinals (3) are the only teams in the league with FEWER wins than the Chargers' 5. Of these four teams all but the Commanders appear destined to finish the year with fewer wins than the Chargers. That would mean that the highest we can realistically hope for the Chargers to draft at is #4 overall.

The Bears, Jets, Raiders, Giants and Titans also currently have 5 wins, so additional victories by these teams helps ensure that the Chargers end up with a Top 5 pick.

Still, the #4 or #5 overall pick might seem unlikely to draw strong interest from a QB desperate franchise, willing to surrender a slew of picks in exchange for the Bolts' pick. But while Blue Chip QB prospects typically go in the Top 3, QB hungry teams will settle for Red Chip QB prospects through #15 overall, and sometimes later. So unless there's a Reggie White-caliber defensive tackle available when the Bolts are on the clock in Round One, I could see a trade down involving multiple high draft picks with which the club can attempt to restock.

Most likely, they'll have to lose every remaining game (finishing 5-12) for there to be a chance of this happening. I certainly believe that 'losing out' is a distinct possibility, since the remaining four opponents are the Raiders, Broncos, Bills and Chiefs.

Now you know who to be rooting for in the final four weeks of the season.​

Comment

• PowderBill
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

If I was Herbert, I would have my agents go to Spanos right now and tell them he’s done and not reporting unless they hire a new HC and GM. Time to flex Herbert
        Absolutely agree. Otherwise Chargers will destroy his career. If Spanos doesn't like it, ship Herbert out. There are a good number of teams that would deal for Herbert. Minn., Bears, TB, Carolina, Seattle, Wash., Raiders, Atlanta, NYG and so on.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
          FUdean
          • Dec 2022
          • Send PM

Herbert out Stick in. Finish 9-8 make the playoffs. Then all will be well. Book it.

and if by chance they miss the playoffs FUdean will point to Herbs injury and stay the course.

we’re building something special for the fans

Comment

• PowderBill
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2023
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

If you're going to puff your chest out with a brash statement like this, it helps if you have more than 30 posts, which would provide the rest of us with a degree of context about whether you're a sane analyst, or an irrational Chicken Little. Just sayin'....
            Chest not puffed out. Thanks for telling me that post numbers is an indicator of sane analysis. Just saying.
            Until Chargers upgrade coaching and front office, Payton will own Chargers.

Comment

• charger1_sj
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by PowderBill View Post

Chest not puffed out. Thanks for telling me that post numbers is an indicator of sane analysis. Just saying.
              Until Chargers upgrade coaching and front office, Payton will own Chargers.
              Won't matter because Spanos will make the wrong hires. Pray that Spanos sells the team, it's the only hope we have.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
                If we're doing some forecasting for the future here...

At this point in time, the Patriots (3), Commanders (4), Panthers (1) and Cardinals (3) are the only teams in the league with FEWER wins than the Chargers' 5. Of these four teams all but the Commanders appear destined to finish the year with fewer wins than the Chargers. That would mean that the highest we can realistically hope for the Chargers to draft at is #4 overall.

The Bears, Jets, Raiders, Giants and Titans also currently have 5 wins, so additional victories by these teams helps ensure that the Chargers end up with a Top 5 pick.

Still, the #4 or #5 overall pick might seem unlikely to draw strong interest from a QB desperate franchise, willing to surrender a slew of picks in exchange for the Bolts' pick. But while Blue Chip QB prospects typically go in the Top 3, QB hungry teams will settle for Red Chip QB prospects through #15 overall, and sometimes later. So unless there's a Reggie White-caliber defensive tackle available when the Bolts are on the clock in Round One, I could see a trade down involving multiple high draft picks with which the club can attempt to restock.

Most likely, they'll have to lose every remaining game (finishing 5-12) for there to be a chance of this happening. I certainly believe that 'losing out' is a distinct possibility, since the remaining four opponents are the Raiders, Broncos, Bills and Chiefs.

Now you know who to be rooting for in the final four weeks of the season.​
                Right now, we are projected at #10 overall. If we trade down from #10, suppose with the Bengals, we can net #18 and #50. It really depends on who's there at #10.

image.png

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Lynn was all in on Tyrod. He didn’t even want to start Herbert and kind of threw him under the bus during several post-game interviews. I doubt he learned much of anything from Lynn at all.
                  Lynn wasn’t coaching Herbie - Pep was. Lynn didn’t even want to play him. You’re spot on, Cap’n!
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Moore was a disastrous step in the wrong direction. S**t Can Staley sucks as HC.
                    Herbert has some time off.As a friend, I would suggest he wait and see what GM and HC he is demanding to leave.
                    Dean might do something right. If JH10 doesn't like it, then.
                    Pfft. Herbie ain’t going nowhere and he’s not demanding shit. He’s locked for $250M, lace em up and let er rip fella. Nobody is taking MY GOLDEN GOD from me! There are much worse fates than getting paid $250M on a losing team, suck it up cupcake. I need you.

Herbie SHOULD get a meeting with ownership to discuss future organizational hires but something tells me thats just not him. Not sure his adviser team can coach him up enough to do it.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Pfft. Herbie ain’t going nowhere and he’s not demanding shit. He’s locked for $250M, lace em up and let er rip fella. Nobody is taking MY GOLDEN GOD from me! There are much worse fates than getting paid $250M on a losing team, suck it up cupcake. I need you.

Herbie SHOULD get a meeting with ownership to discuss future organizational hires but something tells me thats just not him. Not sure his adviser team can coach him up enough to do it.
                      They should do it if he’s not forceful enough to do it on his own and if that’s not him, he’s destined for mediocrity.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        I doubt the Spanoses will ever admit to themselves they don't know what they are doing. Even if they did come to that conclusion, they will always put their interests (running the franchise as a jobs program for Spanos progeny) ahead of the winning.
                        The Spani can still run the franchise as a jobs program, all they have to do is hire better top caliber pros to “help” them make great decisions. If I was Uber-rich and wanted to play Super-GM, thats exactly what I’d do. I wouldn’t want to continue to feel like a schmuck and read shit press, watch shit analysts talk about my team, none of that.

I’d go out tomorrow morning and blame my current GM and HC and fire them and go start the search to get better ones. I’ll still be at the awards events and ribbon cutting, you’ll still talk to me at half time of preseason games, I’ll still be right there front and center.

I’ll just have gurus whispering great shit in my ear. Thats the deal - they make great decisions, I take credit for the decisions, i also take credit for the great new GM and HC. Win win win!

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Garrett, Jamie and Craig go live AFTER HOURS to recap the Chargers vs. Denver Broncos.

49:45
                          IDK if this is old news but apparently the Chargers have already reached out to Harbaugh to gauge interest...
                          After week 2!!!
                          Jim confirmed interest at that time.
                          I'm just happy it's the Chargers reaching out to him, tells me they understand (at least generally) what kind of concessions they would have to afford JH.
                          He runs the show, he picks his GM, he does not babysit Baby Spanos.
                          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

Working...
                          X