• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Who’s backup to Stick? I don’t think we’ve hit bottom yet.
    Max Duggan. Another strong runner after Stick. With no blocking response to the blitz, we need QBs that can run.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
      Let's do this!
      • Aug 2022
      • Raleigh N. Carolina
      • Send PM

Thank goodness Herbert to IR, I was worried he would try and rush back

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

No surprise at all. There was no way he was going to be able to play with a fractured finger on his throwing hand. That was obvious to everyone except maybe Staley
        Staley should host that new show "Real or Snake Oil" instead of David Spade lol

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
          Let's do this!
          • Aug 2022
          • Raleigh N. Carolina
          • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

I don't know....Davis has his own city and stadium.........
          Davis smokes Spanos as an owner

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
            Let's do this!
            • Aug 2022
            • Raleigh N. Carolina
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Max Duggan. Another strong runner after Stick. With no blocking response to the blitz, we need QBs that can run for their lives!!!.
            Fixed it for ya.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Staley should host that new show "Real or Snake Oil" instead of David Spade lol
              I hope he enjoyed his three years as a HC in the NFL. I do not see him getting another chance. Never say never, Josh got a chance some 10-12 years after his clown show in Denver. STaley might have been on a good path going from the Bears to the Broncos to the Rams and who am I to say that he shouldn't have interviewed as he wasn't ready - you only get so many chances. That said ego and hubris were his downfall. He didn't have to be the smartest guy in the NFL to be a good head coach but he sure as hell acted like he the smartest coach in the NFL at times. Or he thought he was..

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I hope he enjoyed his three years as a HC in the NFL. I do not see him getting another chance. Never say never, Josh got a chance some 10-12 years after his clown show in Denver. STaley might have been on a good path going from the Bears to the Broncos to the Rams and who am I to say that he shouldn't have interviewed as he wasn't ready - you only get so many chances. That said ego and hubris were his downfall. He didn't have to be the smartest guy in the NFL to be a good head coach but he sure as hell acted like he the smartest coach in the NFL at times. Or he thought he was..
                I think that's why so many pundits and others rejoice in his failure.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

I think he's way over his head in understanding the offensive side of the ball when it comes to good blocking, catching and training young players. I hear crickets chirping there. No answers and that's why he's gonna get fired.
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I think he's way over his head in understanding the offensive side of the ball when it comes to good blocking, catching and training young players. I hear crickets chirping there. No answers and that's why he's gonna get fired.
                    I just think he is in over his head period as a Head football coach. He came in as a DC, got his players that he wanted and the results are terrible Doesn't make adjustments - or if he does, they don't work. To have the defense he has had over three years is not acceptable.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

I just think he is in over his head period as a Head football coach. He came in as a DC, got his players that he wanted and the results are terrible Doesn't make adjustments - or if he does, they don't work. To have the defense he has had over three years is not acceptable.
                      Decent special teams with a coaching change. If we really had a competent OC we would at least see some changes there as well. So far to many moving parts for Staley.
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

From Popper

Los Angeles Chargers quarterback Justin Herbert will miss the rest of the 2023 season with a fractured right finger, the team announced. Herbert will undergo surgery Tuesday to repair the injury and has been placed on injured reserve.

Herbert appeared to injure the finger after a completion to tight end Donald Parham late in the first half of the team’s Week 14 loss to the Denver Broncos. Herbert was hit by Broncos defensive lineman Zach Allen and stood up while looking at his right hand. After that drive, which ended with a turnover on downs, Herbert went straight to the locker room. Easton Stick checked in at quarterback on the ensuing drive for Los Angeles.

​
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• PowderBill
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2023
                          • Send PM

Herbert needs to demand a trade to save his career from getting totally destroyed by the incompetent Chargers staff. Staley and Company are useless.

Comment

Working...
                          X