• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by PowderBill View Post
    Herbert needs to demand a trade to save his career from getting totally destroyed by the incompetent Chargers staff. Staley and Company are useless.
    ??? Eli Manning 2.0?

No. Just fire Staley, at a minimum. Hell, bring back Lynn even.

Comment

• colorado
      Fan since '62
      • Jun 2023
      • Desert Rat
      • Nothing but time on my hands
      • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post

The Raiders doubled Tuli all game
      Yeah they did and Mack feasted on it. He'll probably want to leave the Chargers after this season. Hope not...he's still a force, just a little older and Tuli is just getting started

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Comment

• colorado
          Fan since '62
          • Jun 2023
          • Desert Rat
          • Send PM

Herbert needs to demand a trade to save his career from getting totally destroyed by the incompetent Chargers staff. Staley and Company are useless.
          With that Oline it was just a matter of time. Now we get to see Johnny boys protégé.... Whoopi

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

2 of the worst organizations in the NFL on tap Thursday night. Hope Al Michaels skewers them

The Andy Reid quote on coaches is also illuminating. By the end of 3 years, you know what you’ve got ina HC

He's not wrong . . . . . . . . . . we definitely know what we've got

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I just think he is in over his head period as a Head football coach. He came in as a DC, got his players that he wanted and the results are terrible Doesn't make adjustments - or if he does, they don't work. To have the defense he has had over three years is not acceptable.
              The defense has improved to #17 in points allowed. We started the year at #30, took 13 games to get to 17. The D is ballpark decent but the inconsistency at pass D has been an anchor around our necks.
              Meanwhile the offense has been sinking into the sunset when Herbert played. Now? Who knows?
              No 3rd qtr offense, weak to no rushing offense, no answer for the blitz are W killers.
              Staley's team is pathetic after 3 years.
              S**t Can Staley.

Comment

• colorado
                Fan since '62
                • Jun 2023
                • Desert Rat
                • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Who’s backup to Stick? I don’t think we’ve hit bottom yet.
                Crosby is going to eat up stick. No doubt I'm not sayin I want the. Chargers to loose, it's just that Stick might be running around like a chicken with his head cut off.
                Last edited by colorado; 12-12-2023, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Moore was a disastrous step in the wrong direction. S**t Can Staley sucks as HC.
                  Herbert has some time off.As a friend, I would suggest he wait and see what GM and HC he is demanding to leave.
                  Dean might do something right. If JH10 doesn't like it, then.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

That shits laughable.
                    I have worked in both public relations and web content writing. When I write content, it usually is kicked upstairs to management for final approval. This is standard procedure. Frequently, there are changes from the original draft. Some of these changes are ones I don't necessarily agree with, but I insert them, because management has the final say. Sometimes, I even argue to retain the original language, or similar, because it would be more accurate and not be misleading in any way. Sometimes, management will agree, other times not. I can guarantee you the Chargers are no different. Note the wording in the excerpt from Johnboy's bio, and my comments:

"Named Executive Vice President of Football Operations in 2013, one of his first priorities in that role was the hiring of General Manager Tom Telesco. (1) The two have guided the Chargers to three playoff appearances and a pair of postseason victories. In 2018, Spanos helped assemble a squad that tied for the AFC's best record at 12-4 and reached the divisional round of the playoffs following a wild card victory at Baltimore. (2) In 2021, Spanos and Telesco hired Brandon Staley to be the team's head coach. (3) Staley has led the Bolts to a 19-15 record and a playoff berth over two seasons bringing an innovative and progressive strategy to the organization. Spanos and Telesco constructed a roster in 2022 that featured eight former Pro Bowlers acquired by draft, trade and free agency, showcasing the duo's commitment to building a talented roster through all manners."​​​ https://www.chargers.com/team/front-...er/john-spanos​​

1. "The TWO (Johnboy and TT) have guided the Chargers to three playoff appearances..."
                    Comment: The web content writer probably originally wrote something like: "While (John) Spanos was Exec VP, the Chargers reached the playoffs three times." After the draft was kicked upstairs for review, I'm guessing the language was added to make Johnboy appear to be more active than he really was. linking him directly to TT's drafting and management decisions.

2. "In 2021, Spanos and Telesco hired Brandon Staley to be the team's head coach."
                    Comment: Note the link with Johnboy and Telesco again. It's like the AND got penciled in to give Johnboy more credit. Also, this could have easily been worded: "The Chargers hired Brandon Staley..." There is little doubt there were others aside from Johnboy and TT who were members of the interview committee. By only mentioning Johnboy and TT, it makes it look like they were the only ones involved.

3. "Staley has led the Bolts to a 19-15 record..."
                    Comment: Oops...notice how Johnboy and TT are not mentioned along with Staley, most probably due to the lackluster 19-15 record. Amazing how Johnboy gets full credit for the first two, but how Staley gets thrown under the bus on #3...I think this is an early tip-off that Staley is gone at the end of the season...

https://www.chargers.com/team/front-...er/john-spanos​
                    Last edited by Topcat; 12-12-2023, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado View Post

Crosby is going to eat up stick. No doubt I'm not sayin I want the. Chargers to loose, it's just that Stick might be running around like a chicken with his head cut off.
                      Better to be ready, Matt !

Comment

• colorado
                        Fan since '62
                        • Jun 2023
                        • Desert Rat
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I have worked in both public relations and web content writing. When I write content, it usually is kicked upstairs to management for final approval. This is standard procedure. Frequently, there are changes from the original draft. Some of these changes are ones I don't necessarily agree with, but I insert them, because management has the final say. Sometimes, I even argue to retain the original language, or similar, because it would be more accurate and not be misleading in any way. Sometimes, management will agree, other times not. I can guarantee you the Chargers are no different. Note the wording in the excerpt from Johnboy's bio, and my comments:

"Named Executive Vice President of Football Operations in 2013, one of his first priorities in that role was the hiring of General Manager Tom Telesco. (1) The two have guided the Chargers to three playoff appearances and a pair of postseason victories. In 2018, Spanos helped assemble a squad that tied for the AFC's best record at 12-4 and reached the divisional round of the playoffs following a wild card victory at Baltimore. (2) In 2021, Spanos and Telesco hired Brandon Staley to be the team's head coach. (3) Staley has led the Bolts to a 19-15 record and a playoff berth over two seasons bringing an innovative and progressive strategy to the organization. Spanos and Telesco constructed a roster in 2022 that featured eight former Pro Bowlers acquired by draft, trade and free agency, showcasing the duo's commitment to building a talented roster through all manners."​​​ https://www.chargers.com/team/front-...er/john-spanos​​

1. "The TWO (Johnboy and TT) have guided the Chargers to three playoff appearances..."
                        Comment: The web content writer probably originally wrote something like: "While (John) Spanos was Exec VP, the Chargers reached the playoffs three times." After the draft was kicked upstairs for review, I'm guessing the language was added to make Johnboy appear to be more active than he really was. linking him directly to TT's drafting and management decisions.

2. "In 2021, Spanos and Telesco hired Brandon Staley to be the team's head coach."
                        Comment: Note the link with Johnboy and Telesco again. It's like the AND got penciled in to give Johnboy more credit. Also, this could have easily been worded: "The Chargers hired Brandon Staley..." There is little doubt there were others aside from Johnboy and TT who were members of the interview committee. By only mentioning Johnboy and TT, it makes it look like they were the only ones involved.

3. "Staley has led the Bolts to a 19-15 record..."
                        Comment: Oops...notice how Johnboy and TT are not mentioned along with Staley, most probably due to the lackluster 19-15 record. Amazing how Johnboy gets full credit for the first two, but how Staley gets thrown under the bus on #3...I think this is an early tip-off that Staley is gone at the end of the season...

https://www.chargers.com/team/front-...er/john-spanos​
                        It's funny, my wife doesn't watch much football but the Charger games she watched bits and pieces of she has come out and said the front office and coach suck. They have no Pilar to build

She knows Herbert can't do it all. You know she's right. The team needs a Pilar on both sides which starts in the office.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

It's refreshing to see so many fans finally come to recognize and accept the ugly truth about this team.Ownership is literally keeping this team from succeeding even with a top 5 QB.SpANUS clan are losers thru n thru.

Comment

Working...
                          X