Needs a dog in it.
    And a pickup truck.

Comment

• PowderBill
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I would rather have Harbaugh over Hoodie. Belichick has not been the best GM and more so, the staff he has. A bunch of family and friends who might not be the best.

harbaugh has won everywhere and he knows how to put a good staff together - he is a no brainer to me. I wasn't impressed with the Marty hire but have learned - coaches like Marty, Harbaugh Vrabel, Hoodie, - its about fundamentals and doing the basic stuff first.

Now if the choice is Hoodie - I wouldn't object but would hope he would find a GM that might push back on him. Dmitroff, maybe a Louis Riddick type
      Take the big jump and make a big play for Harbaugh

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

I am on record as thinking 65% good and 35% bad
        sadly the 35% eclipsed the 65%
        maybe those numbers should have been closer with the Spanii/Telesco effect in play

but as usual - hope will spring eternal with a new coach, new GM. If there isn't a new coach or GM - not sure what to say
        New Coach, New GM - the usual annual roster changes: I am CERTAIN we're making a deep playoff run in 2024.

Don't bother debating this with me ...

Sam Heughan No GIF by Outlander
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Wrbanwal View Post
          And I think Stick is a free agent after this season.

Geno Smith anyone?
          Geno is not a FA. Signed a 3 year deal w/ Seattle.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

If this guy is correct - that is great

And I tell you - just assign John Boy to a nice offer, give him the "title" of VP of Football Ops but just don't invite him to meetings. He can tough the trophy, sit in the box upstairs but have no responsibility.

Harbaugh, if Greeny is telling the truth, said Herbert is his favorite Qb
            Who are those guys and do they have ANY cred? I see too many that think they know something about the Charger and Padres and they dont know a thing....and frankly, its irritating.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

I would rather have Harbaugh over Hoodie. Belichick has not been the best GM and more so, the staff he has. A bunch of family and friends who might not be the best.

harbaugh has won everywhere and he knows how to put a good staff together - he is a no brainer to me. I wasn't impressed with the Marty hire but have learned - coaches like Marty, Harbaugh Vrabel, Hoodie, - its about fundamentals and doing the basic stuff first.

Now if the choice is Hoodie - I wouldn't object but would hope he would find a GM that might push back on him. Dmitroff, maybe a Louis Riddick type
              True but at least HIS son has BB to mentor him and come from a football family. Dean and JohnBoy? Hell No!
              His Son is the DC there and they have a good defense. Thing about BB is he usually doesnt have good WRs. Mediocre guys and mediocre RBs but he had Tom and Gronk. Acquired a couple WRs like Welker but at least he makes trades and gets extra picks.

Still rather have Harbaugh. He had Kapernick as a QB and went to a SB.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

True but at least HIS son has BB to mentor him and come from a football family. Dean and JohnBoy? Hell No!
                His Son is the DC there and they have a good defense. Thing about BB is he usually doesnt have good WRs. Mediocre guys and mediocre RBs but he had Tom and Gronk. Acquired a couple WRs like Welker but at least he makes trades and gets extra picks.

Still rather have Harbaugh. He had Kapernick as a QB and went to a SB.
                You make very good points
                Harbaugh is still the top one
                but of the names truly available -- and a guy like Vrabel is probably not available, Hoodie would be second on the list
                The team would be fundamentally better.
                and Belichick as GM is not afraid to trade back to get more picks. They may not have worked lately - but he does do a good job of trying to create a deeper roster. Telesco in 11 years, never once traded back to get more picks. Not even in te first round - maybe just in the 2nd to get a 5th - nothing.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                  Asking our TPB resident body language and neurolinguistics experts--

Is anyone seeing signs that Staley "knows he is not gonna get fired" ?
                  Funny...have wondered the same exact thing...either he has found his center, his "Zen" about the whole situation, or he is relieved he isnt getting fired...or, lol...he is relieved because he knows he is! So...doesnt tell us shit, lol...but I have noticed a "demeanor" change...
                  Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Riverwalk
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

A professional organization would keep their options close to the vest until Staley is actually fired or the season is over.

This FO is a clown show so anything is possible but I doubt Staley has been told he’s secure in his job after 3 years of increasingly poor performance.

At best he’s probably been told let’s see what you can do with the rest of the season while behind the scenes they conduct a frantic search for the next HC.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

New Coach, New GM - the usual annual roster changes: I am CERTAIN we're making a deep playoff run in 2024.

Don't bother debating this with me ...
                      you should know better by now

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Not sure about that but he hasnt shown signs he knows he fucked up 4th down calls either. Or he should of taken points instead of going on every forth down. Just dos his usual confident spewl and im sure that is how he convinced JohnBoy to hire him.

Lynn didnt show it either. Im no head DR though

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

To me, BS sounds like a man who believes he is done here barring a miraculous run with Stick.
                          He's doing his best to face his fate with courage while trying to not tip anyone off.
                          imho
                          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

Working...
                          X