• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maniaque 6
    French Speaking Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Québec city
    • Send PM

I think the Chargers are the only team to make the playoff with a 4-8 start.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
      How can you say that ?
      The schedule has not been revealed yet.
      It's still the NFL.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

He is right. I don't agree with Florio a lot but he is absolutely correct

I have the chargers, today, being either really good - like 11, 12+ wins; or kind of very bad, 5-6 wins. The worst thing for the team would be 9-8 and giving Telesco/Staley one more year...

And if it does start slow - like 1-4 with the tougher part of the schedule - it will be time for the biggest firesale in NFL history...
        There are 7 playoff teams.

KC, Cincy, Baltimore, Buffalo and the winner of the AFC South are pretty much locks to make it in.

2 spots remaining with the Jets, Miami, New England, Cleveland, Jacksonville/Tennessee.

They can't afford to stumble out of the gate again or they are pretty much done.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I don't know. We know all too well that the teams who start the season the hottest are not always the teams who are hot at the end of the season. The Bills dismantled the Rams in Week 1 last season and everybody thought for sure they were going to the SB. But at season's end the Bills were wobbly and got trashed by the Bengals in the playoffs. The Bengals lost their first two and three of their first five. But at the end of the season they were on fire, easily bouncing the Bills in the playoffs and coming with an eyelash of getting back into the Super Bowl.

Every season there is a team that starts slow and everybody is ready to write off early on but at the end of the season they are the team nobody wants to see in the playoffs. So if the Chargers start slow, I won't panic unless/until they are eliminated from the post-season.
          it's statistically more likely that a team that starts fast makes the playoffs to begin with, the bills were dealing with some serious shit towards the end of the year and there is no question that it affected them against the bengals, you can never underestimate the impact that Hamlin's near death had on the bills last year, then they got hit with a fucking blizzard that totally messed up their schedule and practices in the last several weeks of the year...one of their home games was played in Detroit or some such shit, it was a fucking mess, that team was snake bit last year...

use a different team to make your point, the bills from 2022 have an * next to their names...nobody dealt with more adversity down the stretch, nobody!
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

it's statistically more likely that a team that starts fast makes the playoffs to begin with, the bills were dealing with some serious shit towards the end of the year and there is no question that it affected them against the bengals, you can never underestimate the impact that Hamlin's near death had on the bills last year, then they got hit with a fucking blizzard that totally messed up their schedule and practices in the last several weeks of the year...one of their home games was played in Detroit or some such shit, it was a fucking mess, that team was snake bit last year...

use a different team to make your point, the bills from 2022 have an * next to their names...nobody dealt with more adversity down the stretch, nobody!
            What are the numbers? Like starting 4-1 is 90% probability to be a playoff team or what?
            Just asking for a friend.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Yes, it certainly helps to start hot in order to make the playoffs. But every season there is a team that is hot early in the season then cools down, and makes the playoffs based on those early season wins but gets bounced from the playoffs - like the Bills last season. I don't think Hamlin's ordeal had anything to do with the Bills' slide late last season. I'm just saying, I don't think it's important to start hot, I'd rather have the Chargers go 3-3 then get hot, rather than 6-0 then start to slide, which is what happens so often with teams that start the season on fire.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

There are 7 playoff teams.

KC, Cincy, Baltimore, Buffalo and the winner of the AFC South are pretty much locks to make it in.

2 spots remaining with the Jets, Miami, New England, Cleveland, Jacksonville/Tennessee.

They can't afford to stumble out of the gate again or they are pretty much done.
                I don't know about Baltimore. After that contract he was given, I think Lamar Jackson is going to fall flat on his face.

The Chargers usually do better when people, fans or non fans, don't expect much from them. Maybe this is one of those times.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Yes, it certainly helps to start hot in order to make the playoffs. But every season there is a team that is hot early in the season then cools down, and makes the playoffs based on those early season wins but gets bounced from the playoffs - like the Bills last season. I don't think Hamlin's ordeal had anything to do with the Bills' slide late last season. I'm just saying, I don't think it's important to start hot, I'd rather have the Chargers go 3-3 then get hot, rather than 6-0 then start to slide, which is what happens so often with teams that start the season on fire.
                  That's happened so many times with this team, and they end up falling flat on their face most of the time.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Can we start a schedule-release thread going to capture all the leaks as they're sure to come in?
                    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

There is no chance the Chargers throw in the towel after 5 games and start a fire sale. you guys are hallucinating again - fever swamp dreaming ...
                      history channel swamp GIF by HISTORY UK
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                        Can we start a schedule-release thread going to capture all the leaks as they're sure to come in?
                        Good idea. Packers schedule is leaked and says we play in Green Bay on Nov 19

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Good idea. Packers schedule is leaked and says we play in Green Bay on Nov 19
                          Should be a tad warmer than freezing.
                          G-Ro knows.

Comment

Working...
                          X