• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

The Chiefs have been to 5 straight AFCCG’s and 3 Super Bowls in that span. We’ve won 1 playoff game and got blown out in another and finally had a historic collapse in the last one. I think you’re probably right about the general football fan.

it’s a new season tho. Anything’s possible right now
    True and that's all the avg NFL fan knows.
    The facts regards Staley's Chargers vs KC are: 2021 we split, 2022 KC won 2 by a FG each time.
    There's no question that the 2023 Chargers are a better team than the ones KC played in recent past years.
    That does not guarantee a W , LAC over KC. It points toward very competitive meetings.
    -- That IMO LAC wins.

Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

The Chiefs have been to 5 straight AFCCG’s and 3 Super Bowls in that span. We’ve won 1 playoff game and got blown out in another and finally had a historic collapse in the last one. I think you’re probably right about the general football fan.

it’s a new season tho. Anything’s possible right now
      Thank you for stating facts. Pollyannas tend to ignore those. Until we can prove, on the field, that we're the better team...we're simply not. And that's where we stand, today. Looking up at them.

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Very smart target group. None of them are probably aware of how close those games were. None of them probably viewed the injury reports for those weeks.

Even as knowledgeable Chargers fans, some have chosen to ignore those facts... how could we blame the casual fan?
        This year, the Chiefs may be without Chris Jones. This year, we have a much better offensive coordinator.
        I wouldn't expect the casual fan to know this. The Chargers' fans, however...?
        So only Charger fans and Chief fans follow football closely. Right. Don't poll "casual" fans. Poll knowledgeable fans. The results would be the same.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Thank you for stating facts. Pollyannas tend to ignore those. Until we can prove, on the field, that we're the better team...we're simply not. And that's where we stand, today. Looking up at them.
          Truth. For years we looked up wistfully; last two years, I think we were looking up hopefully (those were 4 very close games..). Now - let’s look ‘em in the mouth, smash ‘em in the face, leave ‘em crying over their spilt milk money.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

So only Charger fans and Chief fans follow football closely. Right. Don't poll "casual" fans. Poll knowledgeable fans. The results would be the same.
            I bet half of the Chiefs fans wouldn't remember that Keenan Allen missed that Week 2 contest.
            I bet half of the Chiefs fans wouldn't remember that Mike Williams missed 95% of the week 11 contest... or Bosa... or Slater...

I follow football closely, and I couldn't tell you who missed the Rams/Niners game during week A, B, or C.

The results would be the same because even "knowledgeable" fans enjoy repeating what others have said over and over again. People like using past history to predict the future because it's easier... and they're lazy.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Facts are thus, as of today... both teams are 0-0.

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

I bet half of the Chiefs fans wouldn't remember that Keenan Allen missed that Week 2 contest.
                I bet half of the Chiefs fans wouldn't remember that Mike Williams missed 95% of the week 11 contest... or Bosa... or Slater...

I follow football closely, and I couldn't tell you who missed the Rams/Niners game during week A, B, or C.

The results would be the same because even "knowledgeable" fans enjoy repeating what others have said over and over again. People like using past history to predict the future because it's easier... and they're lazy.
                So the only reason other fans - even knowledgeable fans - would think the Chiefs are better than the Chargers is because "others" have said it. LOL! You can't make this shit up.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

So the only reason other fans - even knowledgeable fans - would think the Chiefs are better than the Chargers is because "others" have said it. LOL! You can't make this shit up.
                  I'm saying that knowledgeable fans would know that in Week 2, with 10:30 left in the 4th quarter, the Chargers were about to go up by 7 points... until Lombardi decided to pass from the 1-yard line rather than run it in from the 1-yard line. A knowledgeable fan would acknowledge that the Chargers (even without their best receiver) are good enough to beat the Chiefs any given day.

A knowledgeable fan would acknowledge that they were 1:30 away from beating the Chiefs (even without several Pro Bowl players) the next time they played them. Anyone football fan (given those specific facts) might deduce that the Chiefs don't match-up as well with the Chargers as they do most teams.

I could give you numerous examples of when a large number of people simply believed what they were told... because it was said over and over again. But I will respect forum rules... and stay away from those examples.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

I'm saying that knowledgeable fans would know that in Week 2, with 10:30 left in the 4th quarter, the Chargers were about to go up by 7 points... until Lombardi decided to pass from the 1-yard line rather than run it in from the 1-yard line. A knowledgeable fan would acknowledge that the Chargers (even without their best receiver) are good enough to beat the Chiefs any given day.

A knowledgeable fan would acknowledge that they were 1:30 away from beating the Chiefs (even without several Pro Bowl players) the next time they played them. Anyone football fan (given those specific facts) might deduce that the Chiefs don't match-up as well with the Chargers as they do most teams.

I could give you numerous examples of when a large number of people simply believed what they were told... because it was said over and over again. But I will respect forum rules... and stay away from those examples.
                    It's been pointed out the last 6 months (over and over) that a 'win is a win', and a 'loss is a loss', no matter the circumstances . . . . . . . . . mostly I agree with this. Last year we screwed up and KC made the plays they needed to win the games, ergo - they're better, until we prove otherwise. The Charger tradition is to be better on paper (and maybe on the field), but still find ways to lose. Until they fix this - they're NOT better . . . . . .

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

It's been pointed out the last 6 months (over and over) that a 'win is a win', and a 'loss is a loss', no matter the circumstances . . . . . . . . . mostly I agree with this. Last year we screwed up and KC made the plays they needed to win the games, ergo - they're better, until we prove otherwise. The Charger tradition is to be better on paper (and maybe on the field), but still find ways to lose. Until they fix this - they're NOT better . . . . . .
                      What if the "ways they found to lose" are no longer on the team/staff...?
                      "Magically" we've found a way to run-block better... and run-stop better...

Currently, both teams are 0-0. That is all we know.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

What if the "ways they found to lose" are no longer on the team/staff...?
                        "Magically" we've found a way to run-block better... and run-stop better...

Currently, both teams are 0-0. That is all we know.
                        True. The team has looked better this preseason than any PS I can remember, and they're completely healthy, so they've got a chance to change the typical Charger narrative. We will find out shortly if they're on track to do that with this group . . . . . .

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

"A win is a win", "A loss is a loss" and "Last year was last year".
                          KC has NOT proven that they can beat the 2023 Chargers I very much look forward to playing them and everyone on our schedule.
                          Miami first. Go Bolts

Comment

Working...
                          X