Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Like instead of Air Cornell, he is Moore Air? Lol
    Or...

The In Moore Face Offense
    The Moore Horsemen of the Apocalypse
    The Gang of Moore
    One Moore TD for the Road
    The Moore Power to Ya Offense

I'm sure there are, ahem, many Moore possibilities...

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Up to now, Staley's habit has been to hire buddies from former staffs .... given his limited experience in the NFL, the pool of applicants was extremely narrow.
      He would do his homework and get most things wrong.

the hiring of Ficken was a welcome change;
      the hiring of Moore continued in this needed direction - although, if they didn't build a relationship last summer - who knows?
      Would prefer that they just bring talented people in and not demand that they all sing Kumbaya.

We'll see if it leads anywhere: McCarthy was an offensive minded head coach who no doubt helped Moore.
      He'll get no help in L.A..

Staley was given clearly more talent than anything McCoy & Lynn had their first two years: yet they got better results.
      He compares unfavorably at this moment to two failed head coaches.
      But . . . . . what about the culture? What builds culture better than a bonfire, smores, and singing Kumbaya? Just WTF is 'culture' anyway????? Is this mythical element associated with winning games in some way??? Did I miss the memo?

Comment

• Berserker76
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

I'm ecstatic to have Moore as the OC. The offense will blossom before our very eyes, regardless of this years draft picks. We will now be able to score enough points to offset a middling defense. If Staley can somehow manage to craft a top-ten defense for us, the sky's the limit.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          BetterToday ThanYesterday
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Strong defense did not seem to matter in the Superbowl. I think Matt Smith is on to something. It's all about offense now. Score over 30, hope to hold the other team to 25 or less.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            Strong defense did not seem to matter in the Superbowl. I think Matt Smith is on to something. It's all about offense now. Score over 30, hope to hold the other team to 25 or less.

TG
            Look at how we exited the last two seasons. Not enough offense.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Look at how we exited the last two seasons. Not enough offense.
              Offense puts points on the scoreboard. Defense and special teams set the table, give O more and better opportunities.
              Moore offense!

Comment

• charger1_sj
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Offense puts points on the scoreboard. Defense and special teams set the table, give O more and better opportunities.
                Moore offense!
                5-0 in our favor in turnovers did not work. More weapons for Herbert, a better run game and better red zone offense is what is needed.
                The D no matter how good is not going to stop guys like Mahomes in the 4th Q when the chips are on the line. It's now a passing league
                and offenses rule the day.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

5-0 in our favor in turnovers did not work. More weapons for Herbert, a better run game and better red zone offense is what is needed.
                  The D no matter how good is not going to stop guys like Mahomes in the 4th Q when the chips are on the line. It's now a passing league
                  S.O.D.D.I.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Better red zone = better power back, better TE, better rush blocking scheme? Hmmm … I still think we have the talent on OL, it wasn’t utilized correctly. But Pip or no Pip … that is the question as that will decide all other options.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• charger1_sj
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Better red zone = better power back, better TE, better rush blocking scheme? Hmmm … I still think we have the talent on OL, it wasn’t utilized correctly. But Pip or no Pip … that is the question as that will decide all other options.
                      As fans we tend to over value our players, just because we know their names, etc. It really is not known how good our O line really is. Part of the issue was lack
                      of consistency. Too many injuries and playing musical chairs. I also think we may be using the wrong blocking scheme for our personnel. But we shall see.
                      The third year HC has been a disaster for us with McCoy, Lynn. Staley is up next.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

As fans we tend to over value our players, just because we know their names, etc. It really is not known how good our O line really is. Part of the issue was lack
                        of consistency. Too many injuries and playing musical chairs. I also think we may be using the wrong blocking scheme for our personnel. But we shall see.
                        The third year HC has been a disaster for us with McCoy, Lynn. Staley is up next.
                        Lombardi was a stick in the mud re OL blocking. Moore comes from another galaxy in that regard. OL coach Nugent was from NO who knew Lombi.Frank Smith went to Mia and the run disappeared. We'll see if Nugent gets replaced. Moore uses a lot of variety in OL motion, overload sets.. It will not be same-old, same-old. If they get it right, we're a playoff ream.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Lombardi was a stick in the mud re OL blocking. Moore comes from another galaxy in that regard. OL coach Nugent was from NO who knew Lombi.Frank Smith went to Mia and the run disappeared. We'll see if Nugent gets replaced. Moore uses a lot of variety in OL motion, overload sets.. It will not be same-old, same-old. If they get it right, we're a playoff ream.
                          We were bad at running the ball long before Lombardi came on board. In fact the only decent year we had running the football was 1 year under Lynn. Don't
                          remember who the OC was. I'm going to take the wait and see attitude. We've been disappointed too many times to jump to conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                          X