• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Riverwalk
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    Dallas was the #1 second half scoring offense in the NFL in 2022. Get it?
    Yeah. It’s like going from the outhouse to the penthouse.

Comment

• Blastttoff
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2020
      • Send PM

I mean if the chargers really wanted to save money, he could take snaps for us instead Daniels.
      OC and backup quarterback...

but i love this hire. I think he really takes our offense to another level. He will do so good that after this year, he will be a head coach for the Browns in 2024 when Stefanski gets canned.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

He wasn't fired. Apparently Moore wanted out. Perhaps he didn't get along with McCarthy. When Jones announced he was keeping
        McCarthy it must have pissed off Moore. He may have thought he was in line for the HC position in Dallas. I would have fired McCarthy
        and kept Moore as my HC. J. Jones has lost it. He should step aside and hire a real GM to run the club.
        did he really want out tho? Or did he simply not accept being demoted and losing his playcalling duties to mccarthy?

the minute that jerry jones agreed to give mccarthy playcalling duties, the cowboys couldn’t keep moore from interviewing for other teams as their full time play caller…it wouldn’t be a lateral move at that point…and that’s why it’s a demotion more than a firing, jerry sided with mccarthy and moore walked…
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• jox g
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Bolts be like: Duck , duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE!
          Ducks: All the dudes they interiewed.
          Goose w/ the Golden Egg: MOORE!

Coach's son. Tom coached Peyton for around 10 yrs.
          Norv Turner tree.....rooted in Madden/John Robinson.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            As an FYI, in addition to Moore, the cowboys also let the following coaches go:

Rob Davis (Assistant Head Coach)
            George Edwards (Senior Defensive Assistant)
            Leon Lett (Assistant Defensive Line)
            Skip Peete (Running Backs)
            Joe Philbin (Offensive Line)
            Kyle Valero (Quality Control Analytics)

McCarthy cleaning house.
            McCarthy trying to save his ass . . . . .

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
              My 1 day a week I can sleep in...
              wake up to this news, my initially reaction is:
              This was a Spanos hiring, and not a Staley hiring.
              I don't know much about KM but am glaf Herbert has his QB expert in-house.
              Was hoping to interview staff from these last 4 teams but I like the floor. He's a professional OC with potential as HC.
              You might be on to something here…brandon seemed intent on sticking with mcvay/shanahan guys and moore is not one of those guys…with brandon being a lame duck, they might’ve gone around his ass and hired their ‘coach in waiting’

very interesting theory, nice job and it makes sense to learn from the staley error and finally bring some stability to herbert on offense…
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• boldarblood
                Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

You can't really look at 1 isolated game to judge if a offense is good or bad. That's just being disingenuous in evaluating.

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                This is from a 2023 playoff game:

Offensive stats

Total yards: 269
                Passing yards: 121
                Rushing avg per carry: 3.6

Is that a good offense? Great Offensive coordinator and play calling would you say?

TG

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post
                  The Cowboys have ranked well offensively since Moore has been there, but there has been some criticism in the last year or two that the Cowboys' offense had gotten unimaginative, stale and relied too much on Prescott being excellent every single play. That sounds worryingly familiar to Chargers fans. The question with Moore is whether that has more to do with him or McCarthy becoming HC in 2021. I tend to think its the latter, because those are the same issues that developed with the McCarthy's Packers teams near the end of his tenure them. Over reliance on Adams and Rodgers to be individually spectacular and no real plan for the rest of the offense. It's very rare for an OC to completely take the reigns of the offense when he's working under an offensive-minded HC, off the top of my head I can't really think of an example.

I like the hire. I think Moore came in when Garrett was still the HC, was given pretty wide latitude over the offense given Garrett's failures, improved their offense immediately and then had to cede back some control when McCarthy became the new HC. Its tempting to want to just throw out the entire offensive system and start from scratch given how frustrating Lombari was this year, but you don't want your young QB to have to re-learn everything. I think Moore's scheme will have some similarities, but he'll be an improvement in terms of setting up bigger plays downfield and being more creative in the run game. That sounds good to me. The Cowboys leaned heavily on their TEs while Moore was their OC, I wonder if that makes an early TE draft selection more likely.
                  Well, it’s not like moore’s offenses have been shite…this was a power struggle that mccarthy won, jerry chose mccarthy and given jerry’s record making decisions since jimmy johnson left, I’m not going to too much stock on him choosing mccarthy over moore…

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Moore lost a power struggle to mccarthy, I’m not going to bash the kid for that, it’s wait and see and hopefully he turns our offense around…and if staley doesn’t fix his fucking defense, then I hope moore won’t lose the next power struggle he has with a HC

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

You might be on to something here…brandon seemed intent on sticking with mcvay/shanahan guys and moore is not one of those guys…with brandon being a lame duck, they might’ve gone around his ass and hired their ‘coach in waiting’

very interesting theory, nice job and it makes sense to learn from the staley error and finally bring some stability to herbert on offense…
                      Interesting theory but it doesn’t bode well for the chargers if they are going around Staley to hire his OC so I am going to reject it

Comment

• Air Coryell
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2021
                        • Carlsbad, CA
                        • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                        • Send PM

Good hire. Now get to work and bring your QB coach with you. Wonder if JH interviewed all these candidates as stated by Staley?

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                          My 1 day a week I can sleep in...
                          wake up to this news, my initially reaction is:
                          This was a Spanos hiring, and not a Staley hiring.
                          I don't know much about KM but am glaf Herbert has his QB expert in-house.
                          Was hoping to interview staff from these last 4 teams but I like the floor. He's a professional OC with potential as HC.
                          Spanos agreed to sign the check.
                          Staley chooses his staff.

Comment

Working...
                          X