• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Gzubeck is right about one thing...Seahawks dont need an RB...
    And Ekeler is not the type of RB they normally want.

CAR...Stroud
    HOU...Young
    AZ...Anderson
    .BAL...from IND...Carter (IND...trade/Lamar)
    LAC...Bijan (SEA...trade/#20, #21 etc)
    Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Gzubeck is right about one thing...Seahawks dont need an RB1...they got Walker...any other options? They gotta be willing to pay Eke...so they should be cap rich...Eke would be a young QBs best friend...Falcons? Dont know what their cap is like...Pattersons up there, dont know how much they like Algeire...
      Edited in some stuff...what about Atlanta?
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Who's manning this lunatic asylum? Why not simply trade them our 21st pick for Kenny Walker?
        It is a proposed trade, nothing more. There is a Memorandum of Supporting Points and Authorities.

I am not the one sniffing Bijan's jock around here. No one is even considering the deleterious effects of Ekeler's contract situation. I see round five RBs and cheap FAs I could live with, in combo alongside Kelley, Spiller.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

No chance to move to #5. Elekler has 1 year left on his contract. Nobody is giving up a high draft pick for a 1 year rental. No chance at #10 that's where the
          Eagles draft. If he slips to #16 or below we may have the capital to move up to get him, if want to.
          Well, I've heard of Tito and Kemon.
          We need more "Cowbells."
          So there's that.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Well, I've heard of Tito and Kemon.
            We need more "Cowbells."
            So there's that.
            Did someone say More Bijan?

will ferrell cowbell GIF
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Did someone say More Bijan?

will ferrell cowbell GIF
              IDK.
              Isn't that Austin Ekeler wearing a wig on rhythm guitar ?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

IDK.
                Isn't that Austin Ekeler on rhthym guitar ?
                Lol, he’d better get along with Gene - Gene is the fucking heart and soul …

I’ve got a fever …

Saturday Night Live Television GIF
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

I don't think anybody is going to trade for Ekeler and then have to pay him.

I mean they will pay him but they won't offer what he wants so now i don't see it happening. You never know but no real mentions at all about a team being serious about him..

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Not from the Chargers point of view. While I never thought he'd actually be traded, if that ever came to pass it would only be to an NFC team or a bottom feeding AFC team. Hard to see them strengthening a player competitor.
                    You can't look it at that way -- you make the best trade for your team

Don't take less in value just to not make the Bengals better. Sure - all things equal - you trade him to an NFC team but if the Chargers got the right trade - I would trade him anywhere

Like Tranquill - I don't care he went to the Chiefs. He isn't on the Chargers - does it matter where he goes. No. And the Chargers shouldn't have signed him just so the Chiefs don't get him
                    To me. thats a loser GM attitude - -who says, I am not good enough to build my roster if I am worried about making another team better

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                      I don't think anybody is going to trade for Ekeler and then have to pay him.

I mean they will pay him but they won't offer what he wants so now i don't see it happening. You never know but no real mentions at all about a team being serious about him..
                      Nobody is going to pay for him as they know his production was skewed. Not his fault at all. But in most offenses - his numbers will be less

And that is why he asked for money this offseason and not next offseason

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2022
                        • White Rock, BC Canada
                        • Send PM

And Ekeler is not the type of RB they normally want.

CAR...Stroud
                        HOU...Young
                        AZ...Anderson
                        .BAL...from IND...Carter (IND...trade/Lamar)
                        LAC...Bijan (SEA...trade/#20, #21 etc)
                        There is just no way the Chargers are trading that far up. They simply cannot afford to give up that kind of draft capital. Not this year.

In fact they have to nail this draft beyond round 1 to add some much needed depth to this roster this year and next when they have to pay Herbert. You aren't seeing them do much in FA because they don't have the cap to do it. Hitting multiple draft picks is more important than ever now

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

There is just no way the Chargers are trading that far up. They simply cannot afford to give up that kind of draft capital. Not this year.

In fact they have to nail this draft beyond round 1 to add some much needed depth to this roster this year and next when they have to pay Herbert. You aren't seeing them do much in FA because they don't have the cap to do it. Hitting multiple draft picks is more important than ever now
                          As I keep saying, the smart thing to do with paying Herbert is actually trade back and totally out of Round 1. The Chargers can add a pick in the draft in Rounds 2-7, have 8 picks and actually save close to $1.5m of cap space by not having a first round pick Plus it Telesco can get a bunch of singles and doubles, not picks like JT Woods - but for the round, a bunch of Nick Niemanns who actuall play and contribute, will actually improve the roster depth with cheaper players on 4 year deals

If Telesco trades up - not only does the team lose cap space not only this but in future years since Round 1 picks are so miuch more expensive, especially higher in the first - which they have little of - they also lose a player on a four year cheap deal with the player used in the trade. The Chargers cannot have their cake and eat it too

Comment

Working...
                          X