First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UtahBolt
    Did we win?
    • Jun 2013
    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Tranquill makes tackles at an average depth of 4.9 yards. That is a problem on running downs and why it always is 2nd and 5 for the opponents. Kendricks 3.3

We are all always bitching about the run defence.
    A lot of that is scheme and the line's ability to keep the LBs free. Our D has not been very good at that. Not saying Kendricks or Tranq is athe better player, I just like the young guy hitting his stride as opposed to the aging guy on the downward slope. Again, that said, NO IDEA what Tranq is looking for in years and money.
    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• BearWithJetpack
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Tough to know how to feel until we see details from both Kendrick's deal and also Tranquil's eventual deal.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post

A lot of that is scheme and the line's ability to keep the LBs free. Our D has not been very good at that. Not saying Kendricks or Tranq is athe better player, I just like the young guy hitting his stride as opposed to the aging guy on the downward slope. Again, that said, NO IDEA what Tranq is looking for in years and money.
        Tranquill has never been a first team all pro though. This is a good player even if older. But because he is older the Chargers get him on a short term deal which is not what Tranquill is looking for in his prime. That is important to Chargers cap

Given the reality of Chargers ca p and what they can spend on LB, i get the move. Personally i have always prioritized keeping Pipkins over Tranquill in importance.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

The best thing we can do for this defense is put up 40 a game on offense and not blow entire halves by routinely going three and out. Honestly rather just cut Feiler and free up that 6M and draft an OT in the 1st 3 rounds. I still dont trust Pipkins. If he would take Feilers 6M so be it. 2M dead goes on the books. But im not giving Pip big money.
          ORT is at the most effective side for Herbert to roll out, bootleg towards. I see several round 2,3 ORTs.

Pipkins, KVN. Gone.
          I want Callahan.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Tranquill makes tackles at an average depth of 4.9 yards. That is a problem on running downs and why it always is 2nd and 5 for the opponents. Kendricks 3.3

We are all always bitching about the run defence.
            There's that stat.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post

IMO, the D-line did its job last year. The LB reads/reaction was the problem. Hence a new LB coach... and a new LB.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

ORT is at the most effective side for Herbert to roll out, bootleg towards. I see several round 2,3 ORTs.

Pipkins, KVN. Gone.
                I want Callahan.
                I really don't see OT's in the 2nd and 3rd that can come in and immediately help us make a SB push.
                Who did you have an eye on...?

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Kendricks adds leadership.
                  He'll wear the green dot if not JJ III.
                  Imagine if JJ comes to us on a cheap[er] deal.
                  No more soft middle...

Nutty likes JJ... if the price is right.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Tranquill has never been a first team all pro though. This is a good player even if older. But because he is older the Chargers get him on a short term deal which is not what Tranquill is looking for in his prime. That is important to Chargers cap

Given the reality of Chargers ca p and what they can spend on LB, i get the move. Personally i have always prioritized keeping Pipkins over Tranquill in importance.
                    This. I wanted Bobby Wagner last year because even though he’s older and lost half a step, he still knows how to diagnose a play, beat an OG, and make a fucking tackle. Sure enough - he was pretty solid last year.

I like this add a lot. Takes pressure off of the Tranq gun pointed at TT’s head. Tranq is not a great LB, he’s never been a pro bowl player
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fleet 1
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kauai
                      • Send PM

Pipkins, KVN. Gone.
                      I want Callahan.
                      Callahan was our most consistent player on D last season. Agreed rather give him the money over the rest of our FA's. Sign vet D guys to come in and play now...Johnson etc...and set Herbs up long term. RT/WR/TE etc. RB if we end up dealing AE. I still think we do what we can to keep him. I expected another contract for AE...but he may want to much. He knows his value is at its highest now...that goes for us as well. I think Everett has to stay given his dead money hit. So drafting TE may not be as needed. I like going long on draft picks and BPA etc...but this feels like a do whatever you can to win this year vibe again as well. Maybe TT packages picks to get 2 legit starters out of this draft.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Callahan was our most consistent player on D last season. Agreed rather give him the money over the rest of our FA's. Sign vet D guys to come in and play now...Johnson etc...and set Herbs up long term. RT/WR/TE etc. RB if we end up dealing AE. I still think we do what we can to keep him. I expected another contract for AE...but he may want to much. He knows his value is at its highest now...that goes for us as well. I think Everett has to stay given his dead money hit. So drafting TE may not be as needed. I like going long on draft picks and BPA etc...but this feels like a do whatever you can to win this year vibe again as well. Maybe TT packages picks to get 2 legit starters out of this draft.
                        All I know is our 2nd overall draft pick this year better not be a defensive player that can't tackle. Moronic! I do like Callahan too. He was healthy most of the season - his bugaboo - and his play was good.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kauai
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

All I know is our 2nd overall draft pick this year better not be a defensive player that can't tackle. Moronic! I do like Callahan too. He was healthy most of the season - his bugaboo - and his play was good.
                          Be nice to move Murray and bring Drue back.

Comment

Working...
                          X