• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I read somewhere that he was looking to get above 7.5 APY…honestly I think he’s worth it, but the way that the NFL has devalued the LB position similar to how they have devalued the RB position is total bullshit…welcome to the NFL where we create a pyramid scheme with QBs, WRs, and Edge players getting most of the fucking pie…I can’t help but wonder what Seau would say?
    I don't think LB is devalued. Roquan Smith got 100 mil. Trumaine Edwards got 72 mil, Warner making 95 mil, Mosley 85.
    What RBs are making that?

Dru isn't as good as Kendricks, he is just younger. Much better tackler/ run defender, maybe not the coverage guy Dru is. But he can blitz as well.

Comment

• SuperCharged
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Utah
      • Midnight Toker
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I would like an upgrade over Horvath One cheap FA veteran signing post draft... and a mid/late round draft pick...?
      Comments like this crack me up. Are you serious?

image.png

How are you asking for an upgrade when in the scheme last year under a MORON like like Lombari he wasn't even utilized. SMH....

That's like a mechanic buying a tool never using it and throwing it away because it wasn't doing its job.​

Attached Files

Comment

• SuperCharged
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Utah
        • Midnight Toker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
        Good this mean we not picking LB within 1st 3 picks (unless someone falls really bad).
        That's great thing!

Kendricks is coming back to his roots. He is a great addition. Now lets do some work on getting the DL up to par.
        Last edited by SuperCharged; 03-16-2023, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I don't think LB is devalued. Roquan Smith got 100 mil. Trumaine Edwards got 72 mil, Warner making 95 mil, Mosley 85.
          What RBs are making that?

Dru isn't as good as Kendricks, he is just younger. Much better tackler/ run defender, maybe not the coverage guy Dru is. But he can blitz as well.
          I am with you Bolt. If Dru graded out from tackling run defender perspective, plus his age - he would have been worth more on an AAV than Kendricks. But between Dru and Nas - there were some holes in that defense that needed upgrading. Kendricks is a solid step1

JJ3 might be a solid step 2

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I really don't see OT's in the 2nd and 3rd that can come in and immediately help us make a SB push.
            Who did you have an eye on...?
            While I do see the need for an OT in round 2 or 3, depending on the Pipkins sitch, I am really hoping we grab McLendon Curtis in this draft. We have been linked to him quite a bit, and he is swiss army knife kind of guy. OT, G and even center is in his bag of tricks. I have picked him in round 7 of a few mocks, but I think he goes much earlier than that. Pick him up at round 5 or 6 at the latest, but my gut says he's gone at 6. He could be another home run like Salyer was.....

Just my 2 centavos.......

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

The middle of the field has been porous since no Jamal. Any quality addition to help with that is welcome.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

How much does Murray make this year anyway? Cutting him save enough to add to some other pennies and sign Tranquil after he finds out no one is going to pay him 7.5M per?

Much rather have Tranquil and Kendricks than Murray and Kendricks

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                  *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                  How much does Murray make this year anyway? Cutting him save enough to add to some other pennies and sign Tranquil after he finds out no one is going to pay him 7.5M per?

Much rather have Tranquil and Kendricks than Murray and Kendricks

TG
                  Aren't rookie deals fully guaranteed?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

Aren't rookie deals fully guaranteed?
                    yes, his deal is fully guaranteed and the savings, if released is only a couple million

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Kendricks is better in coverage than Tranquill. I was never impressed with Dru in that department. Eric Kendricks has been a pro bowler once. I know the pro bowl isn't everything, but that's something to regard.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

I always thought Tranquill, while a good guy and smart, was a tad overrated and kind of a finesse player. Kendricks, if he doesn't suddenly get old (2 years is the perfect contract for him), will be a short term upgrade.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Kendricks is better in coverage than Tranquill. I was never impressed with Dru in that department. Eric Kendricks has been a pro bowler once. I know the pro bowl isn't everything, but that's something to regard.
                          Kendricks 50 pass break ups since 2016 are the most of any NFL LB

Comment

Working...
                          X