• Show
Clear All
  • Leslie Grossman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2020
    • Oklahoma
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Makes sense, their agents look for teams where they'll have the greatest shot to make a roster, on a team like the chargers, I'm surprised they even convinced 18 of these guys to sign...
    Chargers are not one of the deepest teams, I expected better than this.
    Better UDFAs from other teams will be cut, but still better to get them now.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Could be...there's Moore to this story, it seems...
      Quit that . . . . . . .

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

Chargers are not one of the deepest teams, I expected better than this.
        Better UDFAs from other teams will be cut, but still better to get them now.
        says you, the chargers are probably one of the top ten most talented rosters in the NFL...

the thing is that you expected them to sign big names from big schools that didn't get drafted, but if you study the history of the guys that have become finds for the chargers in UDRFA they mostly came from small schools most of us never heard of, even gates came from playing only basketball at Kent state, guys like ekeler, Floyd, Welker, dielman, Parker, etc...none of them were big name undrafted guys from big football programs...you don't even know who any of these guys are and you can't possibly know, one of these guys always seems to make the final roster....
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

It's hard to train a Kitty.
          Clearly . . . . . . time to try the cattle prod

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I'm already assuming Ekeler is going to be a Charger this season. But we still need help at RB. Kelley is not even JAG and Spiller is still an unknown who was totally useless last season. They need a bonafide between the tackles RB. They signed Sony Michel last season hoping he would bring that, but it he was done. I don't know if Elliot is done too. But they need someone legit at RB besides Ekeler.
            Not drafting a RB sure indicates, as I expected, that Ekeler will be back and be our lead RB. I disagree about Kelley. He took a step this past season and is a solid backup. We don't know what we have in Spiller, but if you listen to Telesco's interview a week or so ago, they are expecting him to take a step this year. Rountree - he is only on the roster because he is a decent ST player. Hoping one of RB's can beat him out.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Hoosman. Might be something there. Downhill runner. Punishes. Remember his name this preseason.

Hoosman...6-0, 215#...I'd prefer he not go airborne on those goal line plays due to injury risk, but wow, could give Kelley and Spiller some competition...like how he fights for yardage...

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
                Only guy I see with a draftable grade was Clark. Not liking this UDFA list at all
                Hoosman has a chance...his tape looks pretty promising...

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2020
                  • Oklahoma
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

says you, the chargers are probably one of the top ten most talented rosters in the NFL...

the thing is that you expected them to sign big names from big schools that didn't get drafted, but if you study the history of the guys that have become finds for the chargers in UDRFA they mostly came from small schools most of us never heard of, even gates came from playing only basketball at Kent state, guys like ekeler, Floyd, Welker, dielman, Parker, etc...none of them were big name undrafted guys from big football programs...you don't even know who any of these guys are and you can't possibly know, one of these guys always seems to make the final roster....
                  Agreed Chargers have one of the 14 best rosters. I think they are bottom 12 man 23-53 so I stand by my UDFA feelings.
                  Overall, I think TT has drafted better the last 2 drafts. Again, guessing a big part of the credit goes to Staley.
                  Last edited by Leslie Grossman; 04-29-2023, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                    Charger Fan till the end
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Carolina
                    • Send PM

Hoosman is interesting….high motor and churns those legs to break tackles. Preseason could give him a chance esp if he can play ST.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Not drafting a RB sure indicates, as I expected, that Ekeler will be back and be our lead RB. I disagree about Kelley. He took a step this past season and is a solid backup. We don't know what we have in Spiller, but if you listen to Telesco's interview a week or so ago, they are expecting him to take a step this year. Rountree - he is only on the roster because he is a decent ST player. Hoping one of RB's can beat him out.
                      Kelley averaged 4.2 ypc and scored 2 rushing TDs in 2022. OK, maybe calling him less than JAG was unfair. He's solidly JAG.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                        Hoosman is interesting….high motor and churns those legs to break tackles. Preseason could give him a chance esp if he can play ST.
                        Hoosman and Ezeike both seem like very good signings.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Kelley averaged 4.2 ypc and scored 2 rushing TDs in 2022. OK, maybe calling him less than JAG was unfair. He's solidly JAG.
                          Right. I view Kelley as the #3 RB in the rotation. Ekkie is #1. Who is our #2?

Comment

Working...
                          X