• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
    Hoosman is interesting….high motor and churns those legs to break tackles. Preseason could give him a chance esp if he can play ST.
    He looks like he might have some ST berserker in him … he’ll be fighting for Rountree’s spot, if he can’t beat that hurdle he may not be invited to PS.

Hard for me to tell D3 players running against D3 defenders how they will project to NFL. 4.56 40, 1.64 10-split, those are JAG numbers but some kids have that intangible “it”. tbd if he runs as strong inside against grown men.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
      Hard for me to tell D3 players running against D3 defenders how they will project to NFL. 4.56 40, 1.64 10-split, those are JAG numbers but some kids have that intangible “it”. tbd if he runs as strong inside against grown men.
      Nick Chubb's 40 time was 4.52. Josh Jacobs' was 4.56. I believe these two led the league in rushing yardage in 2022. I'm just saying speed-wise, Hoosman is on par with the NFL's elite.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Grinners View Post
        Beachcomber posted this before the Draft and we just picked him up.

CB Cameron Brown, Ohio State:

image.png​This is a high-risk, high-reward player to buy into. Brown has an extensive injury history and has missed much of the last two seasons. However, when he is healthy, he is a true lockdown cornerback and can be a problem for opposing receivers. He is a big-bodied corner who is very physical and has a great initial punch that jams receivers at the line of scrimmage. He is great in zone coverage and can close on receivers quickly to break up passes. He can be successful in either man or zone concepts; just don’t put him inside in man coverage. When he plays inside and in man coverage, he seems overwhelmed by all the motions and players crossing his face. Besides that, he can play pretty much anywhere on the field and will be good at it. He is great against the run and relishes the opportunity to make a tackle. He needs to stay healthy, and if he can do that, he will have a productive NFL career. Unfortunately, his injury history makes him a very difficult player to predict where he will be drafted because he has first-round talent; he just doesn’t have the playing time.​
        Good to hear, Telesco has had most success with bringing in undrafted dbs.

Ekeler, fehoko and not much else

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
          Only 2 RBs on that Popper list, and 1 TE. The Chargers must like what they have.
          zero guards/centers.

Has Telesco ever drafted a pure college guard? I can only think of Feeney....I think Donovan Clarke changed back and forth between tackle/guard.

Someone should start up the WELCOME WILL CLAPP!! thread

Comment

• Heatmiser
            BetterToday ThanYesterday
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

These draft sites kill me some times. The excerpt below for Cam Brown is from the draft network.....I have no idea what they are talking about and I bet they don't either. For the record, Brown can end up being another JC Jackson type if he stays healthy and figures a few things out. Or he might be out of the league by the end of training camp if he cannot. But he has some real potential. For the Chargers he is high reward/low risk.

TG

Brown suffered a season-ending Achilles injury in 2020 after two games after suffering a season-ending leg injury in 2018 after five games. He also missed multiple games in 2022 with a knee injury. While he isn’t the tallest corner, he is high-hipped and his transitions can be leggy. He battles through some tightness in his hips when changing directions, which leads to some segmentation. His feet can be loud and antsy, leading to some wasted movement at the snap. In recent years, Ohio State has fallen victim to communication breakdowns and busts in the secondary and Brown has fallen in line. Brown isn’t overly eager to tackle and play off contact and it often appears that he is satisfied to let the action come to him. Brown misses too many tackles due to lapses in technique and not consistently taking angles that put him in position to finish. His long speed only appears to be modest and his ball production has been underwhelming.
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

zero guards/centers.

Has Telesco ever drafted a pure college guard? I can only think of Feeney....I think Donovan Clarke changed back and forth between tackle/guard.

Someone should start up the WELCOME WILL CLAPP!! thread
              The Clemson kid projects to play all over the line, including center, according to Sweeney. And Telesco drafted a pure college guard last year in the first round.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Nick Chubb's 40 time was 4.52. Josh Jacobs' was 4.56. I believe these two led the league in rushing yardage in 2022. I'm just saying speed-wise, Hoosman is on par with the NFL's elite.
                its about heart and effort.... I dont recall frank gore being fast,,..... but he was tough and relentless....

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Good to hear, Telesco has had most success with bringing in undrafted dbs.

Ekeler, fehoko and not much else
                  Its worth the gamble....

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    Pretty much retired......
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                    • Send PM

Bummed that we did not take McClendon Curtis and now even more so that he is a Raider........

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

The Clemson kid projects to play all over the line, including center, according to Sweeney. And Telesco drafted a pure college guard last year in the first round.

TG
                      He played LT at Boston College his last year.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

He played LT at Boston College his last year.
                        I’m trying to figure out what you’re asking here. So are you suggesting it’s better to draft an OL who only played guard in college to play guard in the NFL?

Also Zion moved back to guard his last year of college.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                          Bummed that we did not take McClendon Curtis and now even more so that he is a Raider........
                          I liked curtis a lot and I think the chargers did too, didn't they bring him in on a visit? but after resigning Clapp, they were only going to take one offensive lineman and think they preferred mcfaddens flexibility, as a pure guard I think Curtis might be better but would he have been able to fill in at T or C like McFadden?
                          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

Working...
                          X