Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by rikardo View Post
      Signings I like
      DT Jerrod Clark and TE Michael Ezeike
      Yep...speaking of nose tackle Jerrod Clark, holy cow! Look how the dude just drives back the O-lineman into the pocket! Kind of reminds me of Jamal Williams:

https://twitter.com/GavinoBorquez/st...-news-nfl-2023

Comment

• perryao
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        I think they are good with what they have a TE, but at RB, I gotta think they are going sign E. Elliot or K. Hunt.
        They won't sign Hunt. He is trouble and TT doesn't sign trouble.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
          Coastal Carolina’s DT Jerrod Clark is a massive body at 6’4 335 lbs.
          Interesting player. Seems to have lots of strength but little technique. Can he be developed?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Jerrod Clark was a late target for me...he could turn into a nice NT...but he is just a few meals away from busting out of league...he comes to work, we might get a nice pickup with this one, for our dline depth.
            The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Grinners
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Beachcomber posted this before the Draft and we just picked him up.

CB Cameron Brown, Ohio State:

image.png​This is a high-risk, high-reward player to buy into. Brown has an extensive injury history and has missed much of the last two seasons. However, when he is healthy, he is a true lockdown cornerback and can be a problem for opposing receivers. He is a big-bodied corner who is very physical and has a great initial punch that jams receivers at the line of scrimmage. He is great in zone coverage and can close on receivers quickly to break up passes. He can be successful in either man or zone concepts; just don’t put him inside in man coverage. When he plays inside and in man coverage, he seems overwhelmed by all the motions and players crossing his face. Besides that, he can play pretty much anywhere on the field and will be good at it. He is great against the run and relishes the opportunity to make a tackle. He needs to stay healthy, and if he can do that, he will have a productive NFL career. Unfortunately, his injury history makes him a very difficult player to predict where he will be drafted because he has first-round talent; he just doesn’t have the playing time.​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

or maybe ekeler has come to his senses and is willing to sign the extension they originally offered him? it could be a sign that they are patching things up, at the very least I would love to see that happen...
                I think the Chargers should just let Ekeler walk after the season - -

as for the FA class - have no clue - maybe one or two will make it

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by perryao View Post
                  They won't sign Hunt. He is trouble and TT doesn't sign trouble.
                  You are probably right.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Right. I view Kelley as the #3 RB in the rotation. Ekkie is #1. Who is our #2?
                    It hasta be Shasta, err, Spiller.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      I think they are good with what they have a TE, but at RB, I gotta think they are going sign E. Elliot or K. Hunt.
                      If I was an undrafted TE, The Charger door would be the first one I’d come knocking at because it shouldn’t take much to jump our schlubs

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Grinners View Post
                        Beachcomber posted this before the Draft and we just picked him up.

CB Cameron Brown, Ohio State:

image.png​This is a high-risk, high-reward player to buy into. Brown has an extensive injury history and has missed much of the last two seasons. However, when he is healthy, he is a true lockdown cornerback and can be a problem for opposing receivers. He is a big-bodied corner who is very physical and has a great initial punch that jams receivers at the line of scrimmage. He is great in zone coverage and can close on receivers quickly to break up passes. He can be successful in either man or zone concepts; just don’t put him inside in man coverage. When he plays inside and in man coverage, he seems overwhelmed by all the motions and players crossing his face. Besides that, he can play pretty much anywhere on the field and will be good at it. He is great against the run and relishes the opportunity to make a tackle. He needs to stay healthy, and if he can do that, he will have a productive NFL career. Unfortunately, his injury history makes him a very difficult player to predict where he will be drafted because he has first-round talent; he just doesn’t have the playing time.​
                        Sounds like Verrett 2.0...give him one year maybe...

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                          Jerrod Clark was a late target for me...he could turn into a nice NT...but he is just a few meals away from busting out of league...he comes to work, we might get a nice pickup with this one, for our dline depth.
                          Toinu Fonoti 2.0? Put it in writing to link his paycheck with staying under a certain target weight...that should get his attention...

Comment

Working...
                          X