• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chargers8491
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Are there any particular prospects you have in mind @RT with the #23 pick...?
    If you have us @#23... I assume you think we will trade back with the Vikings. Who is your #11 pick favorite?
    IMHO, the Chargers are likely going to either trade out with the Vikings for #11 and #23 or they will trade back with the Cards for #11 and #27. I believe there will other draft picks involved just not sure what exactly.

1) At #11 I like Bowers if he is there. I still think he is a really good fit for our offense. If he's not there then Fuaga OT, Odunze WR, Latham OT, Arnold CB.

2) At #23 or #27 I like Fautanu OT, Mims OT, Guyton OT, Morgan OT, Sumatia OT, Dejean CB, McKinstry CB, Coop ILB, Jenkins DT, Thomas WR,

I add some other picks @ #23 OR #27 because they could take an OT depending on who is taking before them. The thing with the OTs is that it's loaded with really good talent, and I have no idea how the Chargers or other teams have them rated. The same can be said for WRs.

I'll also add I would like to see the Chargers come out of the draft with 2 CBs. Not only do they need solid starters, but they need depth.

1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
    2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
    2b- #37 Jenkins DT
    3a- #66 Puni OT
    3b- #69 Sainristill CB
    4a- #105 Rice WR
    4b- #110 Lloyd RB
    5- #140 Green CB
    6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Exactly. If the 1st four picks are QBs, the Chargers are in position to get the best non-QB player of the draft, or trade the pick for a bounty if a team who desperately wants Bo Nix wants to jump ahead of the Giants.

Sean Payton is said to covet Bo Nix. If the first four picks are 1. Caleb 2. Drake Maye 3. Jayden D. 4. McCarthy, and the Broncos are desperate to move ahead of the Giants, do you trade with them? The Broncos currently have the #12 pick. They don't have a 2nd in this draft, but they have #76 in the 3rd, #121 in the 4th and three picks in the top half of the 5th. Then there are next year's picks.
      Betting odds now have JJ McCarthy at #2. His stock has been rising steadily. Harbaugh hype is real.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If the Broncos want to trade up to 5 for a QB -- it would cost them
        2024: 1-12
        2024 3-76
        2024: a 4th or 5th rounder
        2025: FRP
        2025: SRP
        I can't see the Broncos making that trade with a division rival. Imagine if they have a top 10 pick next year and the Chargers draft a really good player with their pick, it would be too much to risk.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Betting odds now have JJ McCarthy at #2. His stock has been rising steadily. Harbaugh hype is real.
          I admit I don't follow college ball closely, but it's hard for me to believe he would go that high, before Maye.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

???

Is that different than imagining them playing a high stakes game of Parcheesi.or Monopoly?
            Quack, Eyyye was trying to make the point that Trader Joe is the more cool and calculated player who gets the most out of his deals...whereas TT is swayed by emotion many times and pushes his chips ALL IN...only to usually lose...just compare the draft histories of the two...

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
              Oh man, you can upgrade Pip with a pick in any round. Seriously, dude is Sammy small school average.
              After several years of coaching up, Pip has finally risen to the level of average backup who still gets eaten alive by a lot of edge rushers...

Comment

• Jack Burton
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2023
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

IMHO, the Chargers are likely going to either trade out with the Vikings for #11 and #23 or they will trade back with the Cards for #11 and #27. I believe there will other draft picks involved just not sure what exactly.

1) At #11 I like Bowers if he is there. I still think he is a really good fit for our offense. If he's not there then Fuaga OT, Odunze WR, Latham OT, Arnold CB.

2) At #23 or #27 I like Fautanu OT, Mims OT, Guyton OT, Morgan OT, Sumatia OT, Dejean CB, McKinstry CB, Coop ILB, Jenkins DT, Thomas WR,

I add some other picks @ #23 OR #27 because they could take an OT depending on who is taking before them. The thing with the OTs is that it's loaded with really good talent, and I have no idea how the Chargers or other teams have them rated. The same can be said for WRs.

I'll also add I would like to see the Chargers come out of the draft with 2 CBs. Not only do they need solid starters, but they need depth.

Jordan Schultz said on MacAfee that he thinks MIN, AZ and the Chargers all have the deal you are referencing.
                It’s why MIN specifically went and got 23. That pick was what either team wanted in a respective trade.

AZ trades 4 to MIN for 11-23-108-2025 1st
                MIN gets 4 (McCarthy - QB)
                AZ trades 11-27-90 for LAC 5
                AZ gets 5 (MH2)
                LAC trade 5 for 11-27-90 swap 2nds (to 35 from 37)
                (AZ has 3 3rds) AZ then have 5-23-37-66-71-105-108

So the Chargers in 4 rounds would then have 7 picks…

Hortiz could then move all over the place if he wanted to. A simple move up to 8 or 9 for Bowers or Odunze would be fairly easy as he would be flush with picks.
                2 1’s, a high 2nd, 2 3rds and 2 4ths.
                Both ATL at 8 and CHI at 9 are probably taking defensive players that will be there at 11 anyways…

Comment

• Jack Burton
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I can't see the Broncos making that trade with a division rival. Imagine if they have a top 10 pick next year and the Chargers draft a really good player with their pick, it would be too much to risk.
                  There is zero chance that Harbaugh is trading out of 5 with a divisional rival. Unless the rival is giving up ownership of the team.
                  Could you imagine Harbaugh having to play McCarthy twice a year after he specifically accommodated the Broncos in drafting him?
                  He would NEVER do this knowing the fall out and how stupid he could look for years to come.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

Yep...and how about we draft defensive backs who can actually tackle? Imagine what happens the first time in practice when Woods whiffs...u think Harbo and Minter and Ben Herbert are gonna stand by silently?

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

There is zero chance that Harbaugh is trading out of 5 with a divisional rival. Unless the rival is giving up ownership of the team.
                      Could you imagine Harbaugh having to play McCarthy twice a year after he specifically accommodated the Broncos in drafting him?
                      He would NEVER do this knowing the fall out and how stupid he could look for years to come.
                      Yep...agree...I think Harbo would much prefer Mac end up in the NFC...and root for him at a distance...

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                        Does anyone think Hortiz indifferent or even more inclined about trading down with DEN or LVR, being that he is new to the rivalries ?

I personally think Joe would trade with anyone.

These AFCW rivals would be strong potential trade partners, and we could clean them out of top picks for years, in exchange for them getting the 4th QB in this draft.

Hmmm.
                        I *hope* he doesn't consider a trade with the Broncos or Raiders (or Chiefs, for that matter). Why accommodate a division rival by giving them what they want? Now, having said that, if one of them throws a "Ricky Williams"-type trade offer, I suppose that might be a different story. But I strongly doubt that will happen.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Quack, Eyyye was trying to make the point that Trader Joe is the more cool and calculated player who gets the most out of his deals...whereas TT is swayed by emotion many times and pushes his chips ALL IN...only to usually lose...just compare the draft histories of the two...
                          All that history is, IMO, largely irrelevant, because Hortiz clearly has the upper hand in any negotiations. Why?

(1) Raiders REALLY want/need to move up more than the Chargers want/need to move down.

(2) the Chargers could stay at #5 and be totally happy with who they get, whereas the Raiders fear missing out on a QB from where they currently sit.

(3) It's entirely likely that that Hortiz will have more than one team interested in trading up to #5, which creates a "come hard, or go home" dynamic.

So I don't see this as any kind of strategy game between the two GMs. Telesco is bereft of negotiating leverage. Hortiz doesn't NEED to make a deal, but the Raiders *do*. Given these circumstances, this is Chuck Liddell vs. PeeWee Herman, not vs. Connor MacGregor.

Comment

Working...
                          X