• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yes but we thought Moore would be great and he sucked. I feel better about Roman than Moore and Lombardi.
    Roman + Herbie will give us the 1.5 coach advantage anyways.

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Harbaugh getting his M 15-0 tat.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yes but we thought Moore would be great and he sucked. I feel better about Roman than Moore and Lombardi.
        I don't, on the Moore one. Moore wasn't that bad.

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Roman + Herbie will give us the 1.5 coach advantage anyways.

Roman, whose offense fizzles out after 2 years in every stop and team he's been at?

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Roman, whose offense gets stale after 2 years in every stop and team he's been at?
          At least he's being supervised by a professional who can make adjustments on the fly. Staley was pretty much clueless on how to run an entire team.
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Roman, whose offense flames out after 2 years in every stop and team he's been at?
            Moore was dramatically Bad. He had NO OL blocking plan the he was able to install for previously good OLs who were playing OG.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Moore was less.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Roman, whose offense fizzles out after 2 years in every stop and team he's been at?
                Harbaugh & staff parted ways with SF.

Bills fired G-Ro after a couple games.

He resigned Bal after leading the NFL in PPG and losing a playoff game.

Your statement is not accurate.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Vetran mini-camp photos are up. https://www.chargers.com/photos/off-...icamp-workouts

Harbaugh is right in there with Herbert. Looks like Hardwick showing how to make the snap.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                    Chargers Hall of Fame
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

I've always heard about Jim Harbaugh's "quirkiness", often said in a snide way. Living out in the Bay Area, I recall Jim being fired from the 49ers and there being talk about his personality. To which I say (constantly) I don't see it. I like the guy. And he wins. And he knows football and seems to relate well to the players (and in college, to their families as well).

But, during the draft, those phone calls to the guys they were drafting did feel quite "quirky"/cringe. I hate talking on the phone, so I get it. But Jim's draft phone call conversations are not his strength (do we have to keep hearing "Who has it better then us?")? Ha. PS Hortiz wasn't great at it either. Actually, John Spanos sounded the most at ease in those conversations.

At any rate, thrilled we have Jim as our coach. Let's hope we have it best.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post
                      I've always heard about Jim Harbaugh's "quirkiness", often said in a snide way. Living out in the Bay Area, I recall Jim being fired from the 49ers and there being talk about his personality. To which I say (constantly) I don't see it. I like the guy. And he wins. And he knows football and seems to relate well to the players (and in college, to their families as well).

But, during the draft, those phone calls to the guys they were drafting did feel quite "quirky"/cringe. I hate talking on the phone, so I get it. But Jim's draft phone call conversations are not his strength (do we have to keep hearing "Who has it better then us?")? Ha. PS Hortiz wasn't great at it either. Actually, John Spanos sounded the most at ease in those conversations.

Yeah, but the players he is calling hasn't heard it and it's evident from their answers. He did not say that to Colson that I heard lol

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

You’re critiquing their 10-20 second war room calls to draft picks? Lol … classic fandom … fuck, I can’t believe we all let this go by without discussion before you commented on it. I thought their calls were fine, but maybe i wasn’t caring about the calls enough to properly grade them. My only lingering impression was that I thought Joe was cringier than Jim, if I were chained to a wall and forced to choose a max cringe to earn my release.

Agree - John is smooth, he was born for the role of phone closer.

what did you think of how they dressed for the draft? I liked Jim’s shirt, personally - captured a blend of sporty fun, Midwest work ethic, and biz-cas seriousness . I can;’t even remember what Joe and John were wearing. I know John had to have a blazer on, right?
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X