• Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post

Mr. Amateur, meet Mr. Pro.
    Go cart driver, meet a Professional Nascar driver.
    Staley Snowflakes, meet the Harbo Hulks...

Comment

• electricgold
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Send PM

Was just thinking about Joey Bosa! He gave up 7 million dollars to stay on the Chargers when everyone was down on him!

Give him a ton of credit, he wanted to be on a Harbaugh coached team in Minter's system and work towards redemption with Ben Herbert! Hope he comes out and has another probowl season!

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
        Was just thinking about Joey Bosa! He gave up 7 million dollars to stay on the Chargers when everyone was down on him!

Give him a ton of credit, he wanted to be on a Harbaugh coached team in Minter's system and work towards redemption with Ben Herbert! Hope he comes out and has another probowl season!
        Good point...let's lay off the Bosa barbs for a while and give the dude a chance at redemption...

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

So we’ll be in 3 WR sets slightly less than 50% of the time? Like at crunch time when we need a MW-like playmaker to get that game winning score? We have absolutely no one on the roster who can do that, not reasonably consistently. How are we gonna beat the Chiefs without that playmaker? A solid D alone won’t do it, ask the 49ers.
          If Stick can hit Johnston deep... Herbie can hit him deep.

People are treating JP and QJ like they're dog meat. Both Harbaugh and Hortiz have hinted that they are getting a WR in the draft... a loaded... deep class. Both have also mentioned that they expect a good WR to be waived after the draft. Patience fellas... patience.

But the main thing is... run the ball and protect the QB.
          I will say this a million times if I have to.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Well, hope yer right. Let's see how Spiller does in the preseason. And don't forget about Dot...
            Attaboy!

Inspire Andy Samberg GIF
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

No, combine is usually slower.
              Estime ran a 4.58 at his pro day after the 4.71 at the combine.
              yep - pro days are always faster. Difference is an automated electronic timer system at the combine vs guys with stop watches in their hand at pro days. Guys take a fraction to click that ol button - ~0.1-ish seconds.

The solution is just never play guys in combine situations, always play them in pro day scenarios and they will always be faster.

Comment

• Icebolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2023
                • Send PM

QJ was a rookie and showed it. BUT what concerns me with him is that he seems not to have good hands.THERE BRICKS!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Icebolt View Post
                  QJ was a rookie and showed it. BUT what concerns me with him is that he seems not to have good hands.THERE BRICKS!
                  He's got some work to do. There is nothing said on media he's not aware of - lets see how he spent the off season and comes in for 2024. A LOT of rookie WRs struggle their first year and then go have very good careers.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

My guess is they will draft a WR to play opposite QJ. Which one will be the X or Z wr will be determined in training camp. If I had to guess Palmer would be the #3 wr.

My initial thoughts are QJ is more suited for the Z wr. He's not the one you are looking for to work the back half of the defense. I still think they need a true X to work take the top of defenses.
                    I posted this on another thread... the X receiver is simply a WR that is split out and on the LOS. Both QJ and JP have done that. In this offense, Chargers will be in 21-personnel a majority of the time. In this personnel, Hurst will be your receiving TE and lined up in the slot (Y receiver). Sometimes DD will come in and run out of the slot. Often, he will be in motion (threat of Jett Sweep or bubble screen). Occasionally, we may see JP, QJ, DD, and Hurst in at the same time. In those scenarios, QJ and JP are the X receivers, Hurst the Y receiver, and DD the Z receiver.

In the end, the run will set up the passing game... just as it did in 2021 (Herbert's best year). Without a run game, your offense is dead in the water. We've seen this the last 2 years. Once you become 1-dimensional (and your RT sucks) your QB's job gets harder and you expose your $200m QB to harm.

The new offensive philosophy will take time getting used to (especially after Lombo and Moore). But people will come around once the wins begin to flow in. Nobody will care who is playing the X, Y, or Z positions then.

Comment

• Berserker76
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

I was bagging on QJ as much as anybody, but look at the disaster he was drafted into. Great coaching can do wonders, as we are all about to see. Even Joey's going to rise from the ashes and be a force. Going to be an awesome season, the waiting is over.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

If Stick can hit Johnston deep... Herbie can hit him deep.

People are treating JP and QJ like they're dog meat. Both Harbaugh and Hortiz have hinted that they are getting a WR in the draft... a loaded... deep class. Both have also mentioned that they expect a good WR to be waived after the draft. Patience fellas... patience.

But the main thing is... run the ball and protect the QB.
                        I will say this a million times if I have to.
                        I think you already have. Went from very adament about a CB to RT. You dont have to rehash, i know the reason. Some still think we will be playing the same offense and have 3-4 WRs in the game as before. Twitter fans especially...geez.
                        Id guess we will be 50/50...balanced. Sometimes we will throw more than run but either way we have to be effective running the ball.

I have no idea which way we will go. Ill be good either way. TE, OT, WR. Cant complain about a top player at a possition. I was never on a CB round 1 but those 3 i mentioned make the most sense for us, to me anyways.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I think you already have. Went from very adament about a CB to RT. You dont have to rehash, i know the reason. Some still think we will be playing the same offense and have 3-4 WRs in the game as before. Twitter fans especially...geez.
                          Id guess we will be 50/50...balanced. Sometimes we will throw more than run but either way we have to be effective running the ball.

I have no idea which way we will go. Ill be good either way. TE, OT, WR. Cant complain about a top player at a possition. I was never on a CB round 1 but those 3 i mentioned make the most sense for us, to me anyways.
                          I was adament about CB 2 years ago. As you remember it was Trent McDuffie... that was before the cash give-away that became JCJ.
                          Even with the injured/rehabbing JCJ on the roster... I was adament about Joey Porter Jr. last year. I was told that JCJ's stationary biking trek through the wilds of the Chargers training room showed how Nutty I was. They went with QJ.

Early on (when we were still projected @#12-15) I was on the Kool-Aid train. I was Nutty for wanting a CB that was so slow. Now we have Jesse Minter... who likes to play zone. Pre-Minter, I was not interested in Sainsristil. Post-Minter... I have evolved.

@#11, I prefer Fuaga. But my 2nd favorite is Brock Bowers @#11. I don't know if that garners me any refuge...

Comment

Working...
                          X