• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by vinabolt View Post
    And Inman's QB basically confirmed that your assessment on Inman is a joke.
    You are an idiot. I never once said Inman was a joke. I only said he isn't as good as you think he is and that he is mediocre. He is a step down from Floyd who was an average WR who was injured a lot. Don't know how many times I've explained this. Floyd was a poor man's #2 and Inman is as well and wouldn't be posing as a #1 or #2 now if not for injuries.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-04-2016, 11:36 PM.

Comment

• vinabolt
      Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
      • Feb 2015
      • Send PM

I just think it's really stupid to discredit an assessment of a QB about his receiver, just because he's a nice guy, like he has a history of lieing or something.

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
      Give it a rest.
      Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• RTPbolt
        Charger Fan till the end
        • Jun 2013
        • North Carolina
        • Send PM

Vinabolt....are you trying to sound like an asshole or am i missing something. Putting words into peoples mouth today....geez. Back off a bit will ya. Sorry for being blunt...let people have an opinion.

Frankly I came away today thinking we need a big tall physical receiver and if its a high pick im ok with it. Allen is great but fragile and nobody else scares a defense as they arent getting open. Inman is a cheap possession receiver but lacks real speed. ..still appreciate his effort but he is a 3 at best. Benjamin is a 2-3 catch receiver...not sure if he isnt getting open or what...not many balls going his way...that drop was disheartening...easy td. Williams has potential but isnt getting open and seems to not help Rivers out with his decision making...he is young and improving though but he is getting #1 CB on him and not winning often.

Tampa is a pretty solid team and we just made a few too many bad plays. WR play wasnt stellar...Rivers needs improvement.

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I just think it's really stupid to discredit an assessment of a QB about his receiver, just because he's a nice guy, like he has a history of lieing or something.
          Whatever, I wasn't even responding to you, I was responding to Boltjolt, and it had nothing to do with whatever it is you're obsessed with.

Comment

• vinabolt
            Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
            • Feb 2015
            • Send PM

Do you even read about what Rivers said about Inman? The actual content? His assessment of Inman and mines are basically the same. He basically confirmed what I have been saying all year. That's why your "assessment" of Inman is a joke.

Floyd wasn't "average", he was one of the better deep threats in the league. Floyd was a reliable deep threat.

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
            Your an idiot. I never once said Inman was a joke. I only said he isn't as good as you think he is and he is mediocre. He is a step down from Floyd who was an average WR who was injured a lot. Don't know how many times I've explained this. Floyd was a poor man's #2 and Inman is as well and wouldn't be what he is now if not for injuries.
            Last edited by vinabolt; 12-04-2016, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• vinabolt
              Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
              • Feb 2015
              • Send PM

Again, since you keep discredit Rivers assessment of his receiver just because he's a nice guy, I ask you again, what is Rivers saying about Inman that was incorrect or wrong? Is Inman run poor routes, not reliable etc.? So he's too nice he must lie and make up stuff to please Inman, afraid that Inman's feeling will be hurt. Are we supposed to believe that?

“As a quarterback and as a coach, if you want one quality for a player, you want them to have dependability. Dontrelle is a good player. He makes plays, runs good routes (and) does those things, (but) the main thing, is he is dependable. You can count on him to run the right route, to play any position (and) to do his job every day. That is what we thought we were getting when we got him from Canada. (Former Offensive Coordinator) Frank (Reich) had talked to the coach he played for in Canada and he said, ‘If I had 41, or however big their roster is, Dontrelles, I would have a heck of a team.’ He had a heck of a day.”

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Again, since you keep discredit Rivers assessment of his receiver just because he's a nice guy, I ask you again, what is Rivers saying about Inman that was incorrect or wrong? Is Inman run poor routes, not reliable etc.? So he's too nice he must lie and make up stuff to please Inman, afraid that Inman's feeling will be hurt. Are we supposed to believe that?
                Rivers has never thrown a player under the bus his entire career, even when it's blatantly obvious the player screwed up.

Here is Canepa's report card for the receivers:

And this blurb from his postgame article:

There is my pet peeve of WR not coming back for balls (and no, I'm not defending the horrible decision to pass the ball there).

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

Time to take this chills pill
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• vinabolt
                    Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                    • Feb 2015
                    • Send PM

It doesn't mean that his assessment on Inman on that particular quote is wrong. That was I'm saying. I have asked many time but boltjolt can't point out exactly what was incorrect about Rivers quote.

“As a quarterback and as a coach, if you want one quality for a player, you want them to have dependability. Dontrelle is a good player. He makes plays, runs good routes (and) does those things, (but) the main thing, is he is dependable. You can count on him to run the right route, to play any position (and) to do his job every day. That is what we thought we were getting when we got him from Canada. (Former Offensive Coordinator) Frank (Reich) had talked to the coach he played for in Canada and he said, ‘If I had 41, or however big their roster is, Dontrelles, I would have a heck of a team.’ He had a heck of a day.”

Again, the "Rivers has never thrown anyone under the bus" is irrelevant and doesn't mean anything in this case.

Rivers has never make up stuff just to compliment his players for the sake of being nice.

If Inman is not worthy of compliment, if Inman isn't what Rivers said he is, all Rivers have to say is "he works hard", "we didn't get it done as a team", or something like that.

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    Rivers has never thrown a player under the bus his entire career, even when it's blatantly obvious the player screwed up.
                    Last edited by vinabolt; 12-04-2016, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• vinabolt
                      Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                      • Feb 2015
                      • Send PM

Again, lets read Rivers quote carefully one more time. There are some specific things that you would find in a scouting report.

If Rivers said those things about his receiver, I will believe him. I wouldn't say that he make up those things just because he doesn't want to throw Inman under the bus. It doesn't even make any sense.

There are a lot of tactful, political correct ways of saying things or avoiding things, if you don't want to throw someone under the bus. You don't have to say anything that isn't true about him/her.

I don't see anything there that isn't true about Inman. If you can't point out what isn't true about what Rivers said about Inman then what's the point of argueing?

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

If you are speaking to me, there is nothing to argue. I'm just chiming in that Rivers wouldn't throw anyone under the bus. Rivers needs to trust his WR and he appears to trust Inman a lot more than Williams to run the correct route.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

I like Inman. I like probowl caliber WRs better.

Comment

Working...
                          X