• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vinabolt
    Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
    • Feb 2015
    • Send PM

Again, this is Rivers' comment on Inman. It sounds more like a general scouting report/evaluation than a "defense". Is Rivers too nice that he make up things just to comfort Inman? On field football related stuffs.

“As a quarterback and as a coach, if you want one quality for a player, you want them to have dependability. Dontrelle is a good player. He makes plays, runs good routes (and) does those things, (but) the main thing, is he is dependable. You can count on him to run the right route, to play any position (and) to do his job every day. That is what we thought we were getting when we got him from Canada. (Former Offensive Coordinator) Frank (Reich) had talked to the coach he played for in Canada and he said, ‘If I had 41, or however big their roster is, Dontrelles, I would have a heck of a team.’ He had a heck of a day.”

Ok, now wipe your sensitive tears away and tell me which of those you don't agree with?

That's how adult argument should be done. Name callings or revert to online seniority to cover up your weakness just make you look weaker, lol.
    Last edited by vinabolt; 12-05-2016, 09:06 AM.
    Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• vinabolt
      Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
      • Feb 2015
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
      Wait, someone defended Osgood as a WR? My memory isn't what it used to be I guess.
      Lol, I think boltjolt has some kind of obsession over it and he treats every non-bigname receiver like he's Osgood. Two complete different caliber receivers. Osgood was a heck of a special teamer, though. With our special team like this year I kind of miss him.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
        Wait, someone defended Osgood as a WR? My memory isn't what it used to be I guess.
        Boltaction I believe from the other site. I think that was his name there. I know we have one here but it isn't the same guy.
        Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-05-2016, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• SDFan
          Woober Goober
          • Jun 2013
          • Dolores, CO
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
          A #1 wr comes back and gets that ball. Inman isn't a #1. But he's a very dependable #3.
          Concur. And he seems to be getting better each year so far. We don't know if his ceiling is much higher, but it's nice to have a couple dependable guys behind your top WR threats instead of having to bring in street FAs midseason or shuffling raw guys on and off the PS as emergency placeholders all year because you have no WR talent in the pipeline to promote when your WR group is banged up.
          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by vinabolt View Post
            Again, this is Rivers' comment on Inman. It sounds more like a general scouting report/evaluation than a "defense". Is Rivers too nice that he make up things just to comfort Inman? On field football related stuffs.

“As a quarterback and as a coach, if you want one quality for a player, you want them to have dependability. Dontrelle is a good player. He makes plays, runs good routes (and) does those things, (but) the main thing, is he is dependable. You can count on him to run the right route, to play any position (and) to do his job every day. That is what we thought we were getting when we got him from Canada. (Former Offensive Coordinator) Frank (Reich) had talked to the coach he played for in Canada and he said, ‘If I had 41, or however big their roster is, Dontrelles, I would have a heck of a team.’ He had a heck of a day.”

Ok, now wipe your sensitive tears away and tell me which of those you don't agree with?

That's how adult argument should be done. Name callings or revert to online seniority to cover up your weakness just make you look weaker, lol.
            He makes plays....sometimes, he isnt consistent and isn't open consistently. Just because Rivers says that, it doesn't mean he is anything more than a mediocre to average WR. He doesn't fight for the ball even with his height. You still are.missing the point that Rivers is going to say good things about his teammate's. He said good things about Hairston last season. How do you like Hairston as our LT?
            Rivers had over 4800 yards one year throwing to guys like Kelly Washington, Patrick Crayton, and what other guys we signed off the street that year.

Comment

• vinabolt
              Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
              • Feb 2015
              • Send PM

Well, Rivers is right and you're wrong. Good players will make plays "sometimes", of course. Nobody can make plays "everytime". Inman is a reliable #3 in a top 5 offense.

What was Rivers said about Hairston? Give me the quote. If you can't even give the actual quote than how can we know if that's even relevant to this discussion or not. There are million different ways of saying good things here.

You are missing the point that the fact Rivers saying good things about teammate doesn't mean that he have to lie doing it. And you still can't point out what was incorrect about what Rivers said. Did Rivers has a history of saying incorrect things just to show respect to his teammate?

Are you having some kind of problems? Since you seem can't distinguish between saying nice things and saying incorrect things.

That's why the "Rivers is nice and will say good things" argument sounds really weak and stupid here, it doesn't even make any sense in this case, and you keep repeating it, lol. What a shame.

You seems having some trouble on players comparison. Washington and Crayton are 15 catches a year kind of guys, Rivers was productive throwing to other receivers.

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
              He makes plays....sometimes, he isnt consistent and isn't open consistently. Just because Rivers says that, it doesn't mean he is anything more than a mediocre to average WR. He doesn't fight for the ball even with his height. You still are.missing the point that Rivers is going to say good things about his teammate's. He said good things about Hairston last season. How do you like Hairston as our LT?
              Rivers had over 4800 yards one year throwing to guys like Kelly Washington, Patrick Crayton, and what other guys we signed off the street that year.
              Last edited by vinabolt; 12-05-2016, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Well, Rivers is right and you're wrong. Good players will make plays "sometimes", of course. Nobody can make plays "everytime". Inman is a reliable #3 in a top 5 offense.

What was Rivers said about Hairston? Give me the quote. If you can't even give the actual quote than how can we know if that's even relevant to this discussion or not. There are million different ways of saying good things here.

You are missing the point that the fact Rivers saying good things about teammate doesn't mean that he have to lie doing it. And you still can't point out what was incorrect about what Rivers said. Did Rivers has a history of saying incorrect things just to show respect to his teammate?

Are you having some kind of problems? Since you seem can't distinguish between saying nice things and saying incorrect things.

That's why the "Rivers is nice and will say good things" argument sounds really weak and stupid here, it doesn't even make any sense in this case, and you keep repeating it, lol. What a shame.

You seems having some trouble on players comparison. Washington and Crayton are 15 catches a year kind of guys, Rivers was productive throwing to other receivers.
                OK, so what exactly am I wrong about? Did I say Inman sucks? No I didn't.
                Did I say he is a mediocre to average WR? I did. What is Rivers saying.....that he is a #1,#2 WR? No he isnt. He is saying he likes him and he runs good routes and trusts him. What does that mean? That Inman is a stud? No it doesn't. Name a time he ever said anything negative about any teammate.

ALL i said was he isnt as good as you think he is and I said we would be in trouble, if we lost him not because he is a stud bit because then the other guys we have who haven't been here very long would have to take his place. You seem to be forgetting that. That was my point all along and you took it to another level because you are a fucking dumbass.

As for the things he said about Hairston, ....you look it up since you care so much but he did say nice things about him while filling in for Dunlap. Now please quit responding. I am done with you and don't care what you say, what you think of me or the team or the players. As far as I'm concerned you are another Yuba.....a know nothing annoying poster.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-05-2016, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• vinabolt
                  Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                  • Feb 2015
                  • Send PM

Stop making yourself look bad, just let it go.

Like Rivers said, Inman is a good receiver, dependable, run good routes, make plays.

Like many have said here, Inman is a dependable #3, in a top 5 offense.

You're just being sensitive and keep hijack every threads and every posts in this board repeating your stupid "assessment" of Inman and this group of WRs to defend your point from months ago. "Mediocre", "average".

You're also blatantly wrong by keep bring up how Rivers always saying nice things to others, yet, you couldn't point out any 1 thing that's incorrect about Inman in Rivers' comment.

To be frank, you annoyed me by keep doing that. That's why I will point out how stupid your "assessment" is and how it's a joke.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Moderators, please close this thread. I'm sorry I brought it up.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I think Inman is an average NFL receiver, and is good depth, and this season has been the most available receiver. He's worth keeping around because there is an issue with availability on this team, and the 'so-called' difficulty of picking up the offense. I agreed with Fleet on the GDT that there is no compelling reason to grab a WR in the first two or three rounds, unless there is a huge slide due to rushes on positions in other positions. If healthy, Allen, Tyrell Williams, Travis Benjamin and Inman is a decent WR base corps, and Henry will continue to develop, unlike our last TE hope. Stevie Johnson should be let go.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Stop making yourself look bad, just let it go.

Like Rivers said, Inman is a good receiver, dependable, run good routes, make plays.

Like many have said here, Inman is a dependable #3, in a top 5 offense.

You're just being sensitive and keep hijack every threads and every posts in this board repeating your stupid "assessment" of Inman and this group of WRs to defend your point from months ago. "Mediocre", "average".

You're also blatantly wrong by keep bring up how Rivers always saying nice things to others, yet, you couldn't point out any 1 thing that's incorrect about Inman in Rivers' comment.

To be frank, you annoyed me by keep doing that. That's why I will point out how stupid your "assessment" is and how it's a joke.
                        Months ago? You mean last week? Are you Yuba by any chance? Talking about repeating things, you are the one looking bad as been pointed out a couple times. You turned this into a Inman love fest from a comment I made about something else. Whatever man.
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-05-2016, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                          I think Inman is an average NFL receiver, and is good depth, and this season has been the most available receiver. He's worth keeping around because there is an issue with availability on this team, and the 'so-called' difficulty of picking up the offense. I agreed with Fleet on the GDT that there is no compelling reason to grab a WR in the first two or three rounds, unless there is a huge slide due to rushes on positions in other positions. If healthy, Allen, Tyrell Williams, Travis Benjamin and Inman is a decent WR base corps, and Henry will continue to develop, unlike our last TE hope. Stevie Johnson should be let go.
                          Exactly. He is average but is good depth and that's all I said...if he went down it would suck because the new guys would have to step in that don't have much experience with Rivers or our offense and Yuba.....er Vina turned it into something else.
                          As for drafting a WR, we do need anotjer. You mentioned health...which is something Allen never has and Benjamin has been unimpressive and Stevie most likely will be gone.
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-05-2016, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X