Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    Think Lynn is helping Gordon/Ekeler quite a bit. Our run game is averaging 5.3 yards per carry. 4th in the league. Im not sure yet if he is a really good HC. But i think he was brought in to fix the run game and has started pay dividends there. We are still looking pretty sloppy. Especially on D.
    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Yeah having Lamp could really help us. Im looking forward to seeing him play if that ever happens.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • SoDak
        • Technology Director
        • Send PM

Jury is still out.

He helped turn the team around last season.

But the team does make some headscratching decisions.

He strikes me as the type of guy who lets his coordinators do their thing, which is good. But what is Lynn's role/influence? What is his effect on game day?
        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
          Jury is still out.

He helped turn the team around last season.

But the team does make some headscratching decisions.

He strikes me as the type of guy who lets his coordinators do their thing, which is good. But what is Lynn's role/influence? What is his effect on game day?
          yup.

I think his influence is more on the preparation than on gameday. At least from what Ive seen
          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

If he would fire Stewart id like him a lot more for having the stones to fire his buddy for the better of the team.

Comment

• Chargerville
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2013
              • Send PM

After starting last season off 0-4, the Chargers have now won 7 of their last 8 games at home.

Congratulations to Anthony Lynn and the Chargers for making this happen, despite not really having a home field. Let's be honest, most (almost all) of their home games or actually road games.

Comment

• Rugger05
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I thought the coaching staff did a great job yesterday, minus someone. It will be interesting to see how they are prepared for this Sunday.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

From an article on ESPN about the biggest flaw on each team. For us, they say it's Lynn:

Los Angeles Chargers

The anchor: Anthony Lynn

The 5-2 Chargers survived by the skin of their teeth in London, winning 20-19when Mike Vrabel's Titans went for a two-point conversion to try to win the game and came up short. I can understand taking issue with the decision to pass on both of the two-point tries, given that the Titans have a mobile quarterback, Marcus Mariota, but I'm absolutely fine with the two-point try.

While the conversation surrounding the play was about unquantifiable measures of aggressiveness and momentum, the reality is that underdogs should strive to reduce the game to as few plays as possible. The Titans were 6.5-point underdogs heading into the game, and while they had played the Chargers close enough to force overtime with a successful extra point, we also know that favorites in this situation win in overtime 56 percent of the time. If you're the favorite, you want to extend the game so you have as many chances as possible to exert your advantage. If you're the underdog, you want to try to sneak one past a favorite as quickly as possible. You would have a better shot of beating Steph Curry in one-on-one to one than playing the Warriors star to 11.

What was more frustrating was Lynn mismanaging his timeouts while the Titans were knocking on the door. After the Titans converted on third-and-4 to make it first-and-goal from the 2-yard line, Lynn let 35 seconds come off the clock before the Titans ran a play with 1:22 to go. That's awful. The most likely scenario is that the Titans score and kick an extra point to tie the score, at which point you're going to hand the ball back to Philip Rivers to try to get you in field goal range. You want as much time left on the clock as possible. The chances of something wonky like a defensive penalty happening are much less meaningful than the chances of getting a shot to win the game in regulation.

Lynn took a timeout after Mariota came up short on third-and-1, but the Titans scored on the next play and the timeout ended up not mattering. There will come a time when it does matter. Mike McCoy used to routinely make mistakes like this early in his tenure with the Chargers, but because they were winning games anyway, he never figured out late-game management. When the Chargers stopped getting so lucky, McCoy's clock management cost them games and cost the coach his job.

The Chargers are a possible top-six team in the NFL, but Lynn has to do his part. He was overly conservative earlier in the game too, passing up a fourth-and-1 in no man's land and punting on fourth-and-4 in Titans territory with 4:59 to go. I think Vrabel's decision was correct, but it's debatable. There's no explanation for passing up a timeout on the goal line for the Chargers.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The Chargers are a possible top-six team in the NFL, but Lynn has to do his part. He was overly conservative earlier in the game too, passing up a fourth-and-1 in no man's land and punting on fourth-and-4 in Titans territory with 4:59 to go. I think Vrabel's decision was correct, but it's debatable. There's no explanation for passing up a timeout on the goal line for the Chargers.
                    Can't argue with 5-2. Which would make this a top 6 team right now. I don't like turtling up and I don't like his clock management(although nowhere near as bad as the last HC)

This is his prove it year.

Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I like that he is addressing problem areas as best he can in season, like changing the kickers, the returners, etc. We lost a key game cuz of ST, and they have been better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Going for it on 4th and 1 , yeah i can see that but not 4th and 4 or 5...whichever it was. And its not like we were running the ball well either.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Lynn just needs to be more like McCoy.

Comment

Working...
                          X