• Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

I wonder if Dallas would be interested in trading for 28.
    maybe they would feel comfortable giving 28 top 5 money vs giving Zeke top 2 money.
    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
      I wonder if Dallas would be interested in trading for 28.
      maybe they would feel comfortable giving 28 top 5 money vs giving Zeke top 2 money.
      LOL. Why? The differential in money will not be as much as the differential in ability and age IMO.

Honestly.....I do not see any team in the league as willing to pay MGII what he is asking.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

LOL. Why? The differential in money will not be as much as the differential in ability and age IMO.

Honestly.....I do not see any team in the league as willing to pay MGII what he is asking.
        I don't either
        but but the difference of what you can pay MG vs Zeke might be enough to pay Dak and Cooper.
        Dallas won't (shouldn't) be able to pay all three top dollars
        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

No way Jerry signs MG instead of Zeke. Jerry loves Zeke, always has, and Zeke is a better RB. Jerry don't cost-dollar-average when its his heart. I don't see a team paying $13M for MG3 personally. $10M is huge huge money - I would have only offered him maybe $7.5 for this year.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Big Dog
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
            No way Jerry signs MG instead of Zeke. Jerry loves Zeke, always has, and Zeke is a better RB. Jerry don't cost-dollar-average when its his heart. I don't see a team paying $13M for MG3 personally. $10M is huge huge money - I would have only offered him maybe $7.5 for this year.
            As pissed as I am at MG3, he is worth $8.5 million ... which would make him 4th highest paid even though he has never been higher than 6th in any RB stat ...

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

MG is a big baby.

Comment

• Caslon
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Send PM

If the Chargers don't get something done with Gordon, Jerry Jones will, with his RB. Gordon might go for a signing bonus that even he can't ignore.

The huge question is whether they think they can do without a Gordon, play with an aging QB and "that" diminishing window , and play it like "we'll draft a RB in the first round next year." "We're fine this year."

IMO, you're not. Two competent and complimentry RB's to a top ten running back like MG was fine. It was working.

Asking same of those two complimentary RB's as your main running attack this season is iffy. Whiz isn't that much of a wiz.

What might happen is Rivers throwing to receivers more than he would prefer. De ja Vu.

If Jerry Jones signs Elliot somehow, and the Spanos' play hardball with MG, things might get discouraging for this team, this season.

Playbooking around MG. Carry on. Playbooking around Ekeler and JJ? A challenge if you ask me. Unprovens in someways.

TT to Whisenhunt? Get it done?
                Last edited by Caslon; 08-11-2019, 02:55 AM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

I couldn't care less what Jones does with Elliot and he WILL over pay and make things worse for the rest of the league

We need less whining about Gordon and just move on like the team is doing.
                  He has no leverage and will be back this year. He just won't be back for week one and Barring injury, I think we will be fine at RB. He isn't worth more than the 10 mill they offered.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    I couldn't care less what Jones does with Elliot and he WILL over pay and make things worse for the rest of the league

We need less whining about Gordon and just move on like the team is doing.
                    He has no leverage and will be back this year. He just won't be back for week one and Barring injury, I think we will be fine at RB. He isn't worth more than the 10 mill they offered.
                    I honestly would not even spend $10 million on him. I like him and we are better with him but the position simply does not warrant it and that money is better spent elsewhere. Elliot SHOULD get more money than MG as he is a better back who does a micro-fracture repaired knee and a long injury history (though his contract should have "idiot behavior" protection for the Cowboys). MG almost has to be back at some point to get his year of service. I'm hoping once he has "made his point" and starts losing money he'll realize he isn't getting traded that he reports.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I honestly would not even spend $10 million on him. I like him and we are better with him but the position simply does not warrant it and that money is better spent elsewhere. Elliot SHOULD get more money than MG as he is a better back who does a micro-fracture repaired knee and a long injury history (though his contract should have "idiot behavior" protection for the Cowboys). MG almost has to be back at some point to get his year of service. I'm hoping once he has "made his point" and starts losing money he'll realize he isn't getting traded that he reports.
                      The micro fracture thing isnt an issue for me. Seems to be a big one for you. Ive seen NO mention of it hampering him at all

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

The micro fracture thing isnt an issue for me. Seems to be a big one for you. Ive seen NO mention of it hampering him at all
                        I believe "knee soreness" that led to limited practice/snaps has been mentioned. Not sure that it was not mic'fr knee

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

We don't know how much it is, or is not, bothering him. But signing him to a 3 or 4 year extension is risky, IMO, because of the increased chance his knee degenerates.

Comment

Working...
                          X