• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RTPbolt
    Charger Fan till the end
    • Jun 2013
    • North Carolina
    • Send PM

With Zeke signed Gordon will be the sole guy flailing in the wind. At 10m/yr he would be top 5 sccording to that article. He hasnt had the numbers of Zeke by any means to support top 2 money. Its up to him. I dont think it will get any better from TT other than waiving fines to date.

A trade could be devastating to Gordon too...fine go play for a bottom dweller....if he is competitive and wants a SB shot he cant get much better than the Chargers at $10m avg.

i think some agents have their heads up their asses with advice like this. The Chargers have talent that Dallas doesnt and can live without him if thats what it takes. Doesnt he have to show by game 10 or he loses a tear of eligibility?

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

I really believe that Gordon should except the 10+ mil. He won't get that in FA'cy so though I'm surprised we offered him that much, that imo is gonna be his best offer.

Comment

• JOJAX85
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Irmo, SC
        • Send PM

"Melvin Gordon is a really good NFL running back, but he's not Ezekiel Elliott."

These are facts. Here's your $10M/per.

OR

We start taking your $350,000/weekly game check. Hope you saved up.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
          "Melvin Gordon is a really good NFL running back, but he's not Ezekiel Elliott."

These are facts. Here's your $10M/per.

OR

We start taking your $350,000/weekly game check. Hope you saved up.
          If MGIII doesn't report until week 10, the organization should impose all allowable fines ($30K daily for missed TC & game checks for all games missed including preseason games). He'd basically play for free.

If he reports by opening day, waive all fines, win the Lombardi, and part ways after the season.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              TT should tell Mel, "if you report by the week before the first regular season game, we'll waive all fines. If not, he doesn't get paid until week 10.

Comment

• jubei
                Vagabond Ninja
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

i really hope with this impasse that when he finally shows up that he is not given the new 10m/yr avg contract. Just say they'll waive the fines and play out the contract until after super bowl is won.

Comment

• Caslon
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

If Jerry Jones finds a way to sign Zeke, Zak, Cooper and the Spanos' play hardball all the way, it shows you how willing this team is to put dollars over championships.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                    If Jerry Jones finds a way to sign Zeke, Zak, Cooper and the Spanos' play hardball all the way, it shows you how willing this team is to put dollars over championships.
                    How long has it been since the Cowboys won a SB? Since 1996...'nuff said...

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

How long has it been since the Cowboys won a SB? Since 1996...'nuff said...
                      If you really want to endure yourself with Jerry, make sure to mention it was when Jimmy was running the show.

Comment

• SYB
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                        I haven't seen the any numbers for Cooper, but Zeke and Dak were offered very fair deals, but they didn't set any records. Gordon was offered a deal that would pay him a top 5 RB money when he isn't even a top 5 RB. So please explain how it's about "dollars over championships"?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

I haven't seen the any numbers for Cooper, but Zeke and Dak were offered very fair deals, but they didn't set any records. Gordon was offered a deal that would pay him a top 5 RB money when he isn't even a top 5 RB. So please explain how it's about "dollars over championships"?
                          Agree. They made Melvin the best offer he Is going to get. If Jones signs all those guys then they are excepting cheap deals... Which we know isn't going to happen. He just paid Jaylen Smith 64 million, so he cant afford them all. I don't know what their cap space is like, maybe they have aot of space for them but those guys will get big deals even though Zak is not worth 30 million.

Comment

Working...
                          X