• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    If anything, Gordon is TNF/Tied in Forever to his dual agents apparently giving him bad advice...If he's smart, he'll fire both of them and just represent himself...but I'm sure they both have a painfully expensive severance clause in their contracts...

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

Yeah dude is tryin hard to troll and it's makin em look like a straight clown.I say let em sit at home being a first round internet troll till TNF then let him sit during our Superbowl game (and win) and finally make him a memory come next season.

Comment

• jubei
        Vagabond Ninja
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

LOL at cowboys offering 30m to Dak. and LOLer at Dak for thinking he's worth 40m LOLOLOL! I guess that's even MORE ludicrous than mg wanting 13m or so.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
          LOL at cowboys offering 30m to Dak. and LOLer at Dak for thinking he's worth 40m LOLOLOL! I guess that's even MORE ludicrous than mg wanting 13m or so.
          Yep. Dak wants top tier $$$ and was the #18 rated QB last year behind ANDY DALTON, for crying out loud...

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
            Yeah dude is tryin hard to troll and it's makin em look like a straight clown.I say let em sit at home being a first round internet troll till TNF then let him sit during our Superbowl game (and win) and finally make him a memory come next season.
            No, don't sit MG3 during the SB...at LEAST give him a couple of garbage time touches...

Comment

• Boltdiehard
              The Precious
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

Dak wants $40million?

That's insane.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

Dak wants $40million?

That's insane.
                Yep. Look:

Dak Prescott reportedly turned down $30 million per year offer, wants $40 million annually

The Dallas Cowboys are familiar with this dance.

When they finally approached Dak Prescott to broach the topic of his inevitable contract extension, they did so with an initial offer in hand. While, officially, it's unknown what their first offer was, there's a new report that suggests the latest offer from the team involves an average annual salary of around $30 million -- per Michael Lombardi of The Athletic -- which lends to a recent proclamation by team exec Stephen Jones that Prescott, Amari Cooper, and Ezekiel Elliott all have "top-5" deals in front of them.

The problem for the Cowboys is obvious because a $30 million per year offer was more attractive earlier this offseason before two major events took place.

In April, the Seattle Seahawks reset the QB market by awarding Russell Wilson a historic four-year, $140 million extension that includes $107 million in guaranteed money and, two months later, the Philadelphia Eagles raised the floor by granting Carson Wentz a four-year, $128 million extension that quietly exceeds Wilson's guaranteed metric with $107.87 million. That realistically puts the window for negotiation between $32 million AAS (average annual salary) and $35 million AAS, because Prescott isn't apt to accept less money than Wentz, and for good reason.

Despite Wentz having been a No. 2 overall draft pick, and Prescott a fourth-round compensatory selection, it's the latter having bested the former in nearly every category across the board -- from wins to passing yards to completion percentage to yards per attempt to game-winning drives to fourth-quarter comebacks, so forth and so on. It's also in the most important category of them all that Prescott owns the throne, having not missed a single game since ascending to the NFL ranks. Wentz, however, has played only one complete season in three years, and many are concerned about his longterm durability.

Despite all of this, Prescott's rookie contract maxes at $2.7 million -- ten times less than the $27 million Wentz was set to earn on his initial deal -- by virtue of the predetermined rookie wage scale.

He, like other rookies entering the league, didn't get a chance to negotiate his first deal. Now going into the second of his career, the former Rookie of the Year is finally getting a crack at making sure he's on the better side of his next agreement.

This is why it made sense for Prescott to wait the Cowboys out and continue playing the market, ultimately hoping to easily surpass Wentz financially. It's a foregone conclusion Wilson will remain the highest-paid quarterback in NFL history -- at least for 2019 -- but Prescott now sees $32 million annually as the beginning of any fruitful talks. Sure, a $30 million per year offer matches the fifth-highest paid QB in Matt Ryan, but the fact Wentz now makes more than Ryan is a keen reminder of how market value can often supersede accomplishments.

Ryan is more accomplished than Wentz, but the latter will now earn $2 million more per season than the former and garnered $7.8 million more in guaranteed money. So when Prescott reportedly countered the Cowboys' offer with a proposal of his own that came equipped with a $34 million per year salary,no one should've been surprised. Even with the latest news that he wants upwards of $40 million annually, per Jane Slater of NFL Network, it's all just the nature of the dance -- that dictates one party go low while the other goes high. For the sake of being thorough here, an alternate calls the $40 million per year report "all-caps false", per Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk.

Ah, the dance.

The Cowboys aren't floored by any of this, and talks remain ongoing at this time.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/d...lion-annually/

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                  Ok Melvin?!?!?!

meanwhile reports are that Dak Prescott turned down the cowboys offer of $30m/year because he wants $40m/year.

Who is crazier? The Cowboys for making that offer or Dak for turning it down and upping the ask? Or MG III
                  They all need to stay out of the dispensary.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If anything, Gordon is TNF/Tied in Forever to his dual agents apparently giving him bad advice...If he's smart, he'll fire both of them and just represent himself...but I'm sure they both have a painfully expensive severance clause in their contracts...
                    There is no severence involved in dismissing an agent.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Windsor, U.K.
                      • Send PM

I don't understand how ANY QB thinks he deserves more money than Tom Brady!?

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                        Ok Melvin?!?!?!

meanwhile reports are that Dak Prescott turned down the cowboys offer of $30m/year because he wants $40m/year.

Who is crazier? The Cowboys for making that offer or Dak for turning it down and upping the ask? Or MG III
                        I guess I'm simple minded because I don't see why it's better to have the 40M. It certainly isn't difficult to live well on 30K. I guess it's all about ego.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I guess I'm simple minded because I don't see why it's better to have the 40M. It certainly isn't difficult to live well on 30K. I guess it's all about ego.
                          I agree the quality of life between those 2 yearly amounts is negligible.

Why do the owners not take less and make the game more affordable for the fans?
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X