• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep. Ask yourself, if Gordon is so ironclad in his holding out for $12-$15 mil, whether this season or next, is it better to let him walk and hope for a 3rd round comp pick, or is it better to trade him for the sure thing? Also, if we trade MG3 to a losing team for a 3rd rounder, it will be a high 3rd rounder and not one at the end of the 3rd round, where the comp picks are...
    I dont think anybody is going to trade for Gordon. Houston paid a ton for Tunsil and Stills but got RB Carlos Hyde by trading one of their scrub OT's. They were in need and opted for a cheap option. Gordon wants too much and teams dont want to give up a high pick for him.

Id trade him for Trent Williams but the Redskins dont need a RB.

Comment

• rikardo
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I rather keep Gordon and all the drama than taking a 3rd round
      Hope we can trade him to an NFC team for a DB player (and a 5th round)
      Or no less than a 2nd rounder (if they offer a 1st round Its a no brainer)

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Where are all the suitors for Gordon? It took 5 minutes for McCoy to have a new deal.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
          Where are all the suitors for Gordon? It took 5 minutes for McCoy to have a new deal.
          Well yeah...McCoy wasnt asking for 13 mil +. Big difference when one is cut and the other is holding out. Dont see any suiters for Elliott either.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-01-2019, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Well yeah...McCoy wasnt asking for 13 mil +. Big difference when one is cut and the other is holding out. Dont see any suiters for Elliott either.
            I guarantee you that Zeke would get lots of attention if a trade was a possibility. The Cowboys arent entertaining that scenario. But you are right, big difference between McCoy FA and Gordon needing a trade partner. I just want him to come to his senses.

Comment

• rikardo
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I guarantee you that Zeke would get lots of attention if a trade was a possibility. The Cowboys arent entertaining that scenario. But you are right, big difference between McCoy FA and Gordon needing a trade partner. I just want him to come to his senses.
              Agree, at least it will give him the $ range teams are willing to pay (so he can evaluate if that team is a contender, I dont believe he truelly wants out)

Comment

• rikardo
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Hope he sign a 8.5 - 10.5 mill per year contract with us

Comment

• PR#1
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I dont think anybody is going to trade for Gordon. Houston paid a ton for Tunsil and Stills but got RB Carlos Hyde by trading one of their scrub OT's. They were in need and opted for a cheap option. Gordon wants too much and teams dont want to give up a high pick for him.

Id trade him for Trent Williams but the Redskins dont need a RB.
                  Let's see if a trade partner emerges.

If not I see Gordon holding out until week 8 or 10 and coming back to get his year of credit and leaving as an UFA next season.

It is what it is. I don't think Tommy is going to budge on the offer.

Comment

• ChiefsDynasty15
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

The big problem with Gordon is his vast injury history. Its hard to pay, or trade, a really good player who is asking for a mint but cant stay on the field. Definately a sticky situation.

It kinda kinda baffles me that these guys wanna hold out while still under contract though. I think the Chargers are doing the right thing by sticking to their guns. Definitely unfortunate for a very talented Chargers squad looking to contend in a rigorous conference.

Comment

• PMR9FAN
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

Let's see if a trade partner emerges.

If not I see Gordon holding out until week 8 or 10 and coming back to get his year of credit and leaving as an UFA next season.

It is what it is. I don't think Tommy is going to budge on the offer.
                      Yeah, I say we franchise tag him next year just to piss him off. If 17 gets hurt because Gordon's replacements aren't as good at pass protection, he will need to spend some extra time in purgatory.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                        Charger Fan till the end
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Carolina
                        • Send PM

If franchise him too...still prob arounf $10m id have to think and we get a pick if someone wants him.

to me if you sign a contract you honor it. Your word is your bond right? Finish it then you do a new one. This greedy behavior by prima donna players makes me dislike the players. Honor your word...your big payday is a year away and near $6m of pay for 1 year is an incredible amount of money. Damn agents are biased to want more money since they get a cut of it....its just wrong.

i hope he signs the extension and puts this to bed. STFU and get to work. If he'd been the Superbowl MVP thats one thing but Gordon has proved nothing...nothing.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

hard ball

Comment

Working...
                          X