• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JPPT1974
    May Day 2024!
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Really hate it has dragged on this long. Hope they can find a resolution but it is now doubtful!

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

Maybe I am misreading, but it seems like you are contradicting your own point. The relevance is, they are willing to give him that DESPITE the RB position being a devalued position in today's game. The fact that other positions are getting a bigger bump seems irrelevant. Bosa will certainly get more than 200% & we will pay it, because if we don't another team will. That's the difference.
      You didn't say that though, you expected us to read that into what you wrote. Sorry if I missed it, but I didn't get what you wanted me to.

There are always 2 sides to every story, and MG3 has to look at the teams perspective. But understanding a players point of view doesn't mean we are going to sign him. It just means we get it, and I think the Chargers do.

We don't necessarily have to pay Bosa. I hope we do, but I think every player we need to set a price and that is a line in the sand. If they want more, good luck with another team. The best teams in the NFL do it by having the best overall roster. Sacrificing things for 1 player kills teams. WE have a lot of good players we would like back, and overpaying to keep players is not a good move.

As far as the 200% thing goes, it is all about relative value. Bosa is worth more because he consistently sacks the QB. That is more valuable because an average RB will give us much of the production Gordon would. An average DE will get us nowhere near the production Bosa would. However, Bosa's production is probably going to be down somewhat compared to what some people think. With Nwosu, Rochelle, TIller, Jones, Ingram.... We are starting to amass some good pass rushers. Bosa is the best, but it is having numbers that count in the long run. Hopefully, Bosa gets it. Few FA go on and have the success they had, and pass rushers especially.

I don't think the trade thing is necessary all that relevant. We don't really know what the trade talks are like. It could be that we are just overvaluing him, and maybe teams are calling. The fact that the Chargers are telling MG3 he cannot arrange a trade is probably hurting his trade value. So, it would be a good point, but only if you know what the real story is, and as fans, we don't.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Gordon was money at scoring from inside the five last season. If the committee of Ekeler and Jackson don't have the same success, I have an idea. When the Bolts get a first down inside the five, sit Rivers and bringing Taylor or Stick. Think of the possibilities of forcing opposing defenses to defend against the running threat of these two QBs, with the red zone weapons they will have at their disposal.

Comment

• Big Dog
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Gordon wants to be paid like the #3 back in the NFL but he isn't in the top 6 ...

Gurley
          Bell
          Johnson
          McCaffery
          Elliott
          Barkley
          Kamara

are all better than him and maybe others like Freeman and Mixon ...

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
            Basically Gordon either takes the generous offer or he will be gone next season and we will draft his replacement.Im cool either way but wont be bummed if its the latter as I friggin hate all this bullshit drama the dude has created on my team.
            Its only drama for the fans lol. Im sure the players are fine.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post
              Gordon wants to be paid like the #3 back in the NFL but he isn't in the top 6 ...

Gurley
              Bell
              Johnson
              Elliott
              Barkley
              Kamara

are all better than him and maybe others like Freeman ...
              Id take Melvin over Freeman.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                Gordon was money at scoring from inside the five last season. If the committee of Ekeler and Jackson don't have the same success, I have an idea. When the Bolts get a first down inside the five, sit Rivers and bringing Taylor or Stick. Think of the possibilities of forcing opposing defenses to defend against the running threat of these two QBs, with the red zone weapons they will have at their disposal.
                There was speculation about Tyrod being used as such on this forum when he was signed, makes even more sense with the absence of number 25
                G-Ro knows.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Gurley
                  Bell
                  Johnson
                  Elliott
                  Barkley
                  Kamara

are all better than him and maybe others like Freeman ...
                  Not to mention that both Gurley and Bell received stupid contracts from their respective teams
                  if Goff wasn't on a rookie deal they would be regretting Gurleys contract as soon as this season
                  same with Bell/ Darnold
                  G-Ro knows.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

You didn't say that though, you expected us to read that into what you wrote. Sorry if I missed it, but I didn't get what you wanted me to.

There are always 2 sides to every story, and MG3 has to look at the teams perspective. But understanding a players point of view doesn't mean we are going to sign him. It just means we get it, and I think the Chargers do.

We don't necessarily have to pay Bosa. I hope we do, but I think every player we need to set a price and that is a line in the sand. If they want more, good luck with another team. The best teams in the NFL do it by having the best overall roster. Sacrificing things for 1 player kills teams. WE have a lot of good players we would like back, and overpaying to keep players is not a good move.

As far as the 200% thing goes, it is all about relative value. Bosa is worth more because he consistently sacks the QB. That is more valuable because an average RB will give us much of the production Gordon would. An average DE will get us nowhere near the production Bosa would. However, Bosa's production is probably going to be down somewhat compared to what some people think. With Nwosu, Rochelle, TIller, Jones, Ingram.... We are starting to amass some good pass rushers. Bosa is the best, but it is having numbers that count in the long run. Hopefully, Bosa gets it. Few FA go on and have the success they had, and pass rushers especially.

I don't think the trade thing is necessary all that relevant. We don't really know what the trade talks are like. It could be that we are just overvaluing him, and maybe teams are calling. The fact that the Chargers are telling MG3 he cannot arrange a trade is probably hurting his trade value. So, it would be a good point, but only if you know what the real story is, and as fans, we don't.
                    Hasn't Bosa missed as much time ... game for game ... as MG? Only difference is the Chargers didn't need to get a note from Melvin's mom allowing him to play again. And didn't he hold out for a stupid petty difference in timing of payouts in his rookie deal?

I don't know why the forum is so certain Bosa will even sign with the Cnarges. Bosas care about Bosas as far as I can tell.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Gurley
                      Bell
                      Johnson
                      McCaffery
                      Elliott
                      Barkley
                      Kamara

are all better than him and maybe others like Freeman and Mixon ...
                      I wouldn't put McCaffery in that top list either, personally. I saw his numbers - i'm Just not convinced its him, vs the Panthers O / OL. No way i'd Pay him what I pay Elliott or Barkley. Just me ...

I'd put MG right around top 6. Which is no where near $13M
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• JOJAX85
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Irmo, SC
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Hasn't Bosa missed as much time ... game for game ... as MG? Only difference is the Chargers didn't need to get a note from Melvin's mom allowing him to play again. And didn't he hold out for a stupid petty difference in timing of payouts in his rookie deal?

I don't know why the forum is so certain Bosa will even sign with the Cnarges. Bosas care about Bosas as far as I can tell.
                        I am.inclined to agree with you about Bosa potentially leaving. But you certainly have to try & keep him. Bottom line is, a stud pass rusher is more valuable than an upper crust RB. Just is.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I am.inclined to agree with you about Bosa potentially leaving. But you certainly have to try & keep him. Bottom line is, a stud pass rusher is more valuable than an upper crust RB. Just is.
                          Yep

Comment

Working...
                          X