• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SYB
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    OJ says RB's should be the second highest paid players on the team. Justsayin
    I say that dudes who slit their ex-wife's and her new BF's throats, shouldn't be handing out advice on anything. Just sayin'...:whistlin:

Comment

• RTPbolt
      Charger Fan till the end
      • Jun 2013
      • North Carolina
      • Send PM

Chargers are not in any rush to give him away. Hes a first round pick that has made the pro bowl and has very undeniable talent. He is worth a 1st or something comparable. Prob is who is really innthe market this late in the game....league starts Thurs and Chargers Sunday. Gordy is not going to play this week and will miss another $300k or so game check if he doesnt report....we have healthy backs and can wait it out and just save $$ in the procesd. Gordon is losing much more than the team.

i say wait it out. Gordon needs to realize having a contract actually means his word isnt his bond the way hes treating this...he has lost integrity in this process to go along with real $$. He signed a deal...honor it.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Ontario , Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

Durability doesn't really matter when you suck. And Ajayai has been may more injury prone than Gordon has.

You also seem to be arguing with yourself, as no one has made the claim that 1st round RB's are a necessity.:dunno:
        Howard didn't suck. Never said anyone made that claim either re #1s. Just made a pt mid low low rnd running backs are a good way to go as many teams have shown and we wouldn't be dealing w holdout issues.

Comment

• SYB
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
          Chargers are not in any rush to give him away. Hes a first round pick that has made the pro bowl and has very undeniable talent. He is worth a 1st or something comparable. Prob is who is really innthe market this late in the game....league starts Thurs and Chargers Sunday. Gordy is not going to play this week and will miss another $300k or so game check if he doesnt report....we have healthy backs and can wait it out and just save $$ in the procesd. Gordon is losing much more than the team.

i say wait it out. Gordon needs to realize having a contract actually means his word isnt his bond the way hes treating this...he has lost integrity in this process to go along with real $$. He signed a deal...honor it.
          He's not though. His talent alone would maybe warrant a 1st rounder. But when you factor in his injury past and the fact that whatever team would trade for him would also have to overpay him, ain't no one giving up a #1, unless a real deal contender loses their #1 RB in the first few weeks. And even then, they'd need to get creative, as no contenders have that sort of cap space this deep into the season.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post

RTP, this is what I posted early on during MG3's holdout, that he should honor his contract. A lot of posters disagreed, claiming that "players break their deal all the time" and "it's just business," and so on. Well, now I think most of us are in agreement that Gordon made the wrong decision, and it's costing him...

Comment

• SYB
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

Howard didn't suck. Never said anyone made that claim either re #1s. Just made a pt mid low low rnd running backs are a good way to go as many teams have shown and we wouldn't be dealing w holdout issues.
              Then why was he run out of Chicago for a rookie and an undersized 3rd down RB? Or why did the team that traded for him, draft a RB in the 2nd round and then try to dump his ass before he even takes a snap for them? Because he's an old school plodder, who possesses one skill set, that is rather average, at that. And having guys like that in the lineup, make it really easy for the defense to figure out what you're doing.

Comment

• SYB
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

RTP, this is what I posted early on during MG3's holdout, that he should honor his contract. A lot of posters disagreed, claiming that "players break their deal all the time" and "it's just business," and so on. Well, now I think most of us are in agreement that Gordon made the wrong decision, and it's costing him...
                That's complete horseshit. Fuck players.... the owners break contracts constantly. He deserves a raise, just not as much as he and his clueless agents thinks he does.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

Howard is more durable than Gordon. Gordon is light at 215 and is a glider and delicate whether you like it or not. Cohen is really a 3rd down back . They drafted David Montgomery to be their big back and replace Howard eventually be the starter at 220.

Ajayi was just another big back ex who was a 5th rnd pick. There were lots of RB taken in later rnds who would have been ok David Johnson, Duke Johnson or Tevin Coleman for ex

pt is you don't need to burn a high 1st to get a RB and then deal w all these $ headaches.
                  I agree with most of this especially with how devalued an RB is these days. However you can still get $ headaches regardless of the round. Duke Johnson is a good example. And he's basically Austin Ekeler as an RB with receiving skills.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

That's complete horseshit. Fuck players.... the owners break contracts constantly. He deserves a raise, just not as much as he and his clueless agents thinks he does.
                    I don't give a rat's ass how big a liar the next guy is. If I give my word, I'm keeping it. Talking about more money is OK. Not honoring your word is bull shit.

Comment

• PMR9FAN
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

He's not though. His talent alone would maybe warrant a 1st rounder. But when you factor in his injury past and the fact that whatever team would trade for him would also have to overpay him, ain't no one giving up a #1, unless a real deal contender loses their #1 RB in the first few weeks. And even then, they'd need to get creative, as no contenders have that sort of cap space this deep into the season.
                      It's a smart move for the Chargers to demand a 1st round pick. What's Gordon's rebuttall, "I'm worth $13M/year but demanding a 1st round pick is just too much".

Comment

• SYB
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I don't give a rat's ass how big a liar the next guy is. If I give my word, I'm keeping it. Talking about more money is OK. Not honoring your word is bull shit.

Do you also freak out when players are cut and are not paid the money due on their contracts? :thinking:

Comment

• SYB
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by PMR9FAN View Post

It's a smart move for the Chargers to demand a 1st round pick. What's Gordon's rebuttall, "I'm worth $13M/year but demanding a 1st round pick is just too much".
                          I like the way they're playing it. They're basically calling his bluff and asking for what he thinks he's worth. And in my opinion that's to prove a point to him and his jackass handlers, that their asking price is not in line with how he's valued league wide.

Comment

Working...
                          X