Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Low ball offer from Philly.

Colin Cowherd reported that the Ravens have interest in trading for number 25

G-Ro knows.

Comment

• SYB
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Technically, Gordon has not outplayed his deal, if the Bolts choose to exercise their right to the 5th year option, which they have done. So, he is still under contract. Were you referring to Gordon or someone else?
      Your lack of reality is showing.:thinking: Dudes "not killing it" that have contracts, get cut all the time and no one cries and creates threads. Yet, if a guy plays better than he's paid and earns more, a bunch of dudes will grasp on that contract BS, that owners have shown time and time again, they refuse to fulfill.

I have been very steadfast in my feeling that MG is not worth what he's asking. And the Bolts own trade value is ridiculous as well. The FO and I agree that he deserves more money.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Ontario , Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

Wasn't a fit? Then why was he traded to a team with the same offensive schemes? Nagy and Pederson are both from the Reid coaching tree.Miles Sanders is the future, Howard is nothing more than a filler if Sanders has any struggles early on. If you're a RB in today's game and can't run routes and catch passes, you aren't worth much. Unless you can rely on superior physicality to drag and truck guys, which Howard does not have.
        Although he was productive at times in Chicago, Howard was something of an awkward fit in head coach Matt Nagy's offensive scheme. JJ Stankevitz of NBC Sports Chicago delved into the numbers, noting the team "may need different personnel and/or tweaks to the scheme to trust their ground game" after the running back had just 10 carries for 35 yards in a playoff loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.

Stankevitz pointed out the Jacksonville Jaguars were the only team in the league that averaged fewer yards per play on play action than Chicago, which was a problem given Nagy's tendency to turn to those designs in the passing game.
        The Philadelphia Eagles added a young running back with two 1,000-yard seasons on his resume Thursday when they traded for Jordan Howard ...

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
          Wonder if we are still talking with Philly? I know , it's a rumor but Jordan Howard not a slouch. As good a rusher as MG but not as much of a receiving threat. I hVent noticed his blocking but he is a solid "young" 1k rusher.
          man I'd take that deal in a NY minute.... w/a catch.

not sure what this mid round pick swap is about cuz from what I've seen, some sites are projecting we basically select side by side in round three ??

if Philly doesn't want to give up a pick, would gladly take a player (in addition to Howard).... specifically am interested in Isaac Seumalo.... dude is an injury concern playing guard, that was originally projected as a center. Philly has Iosua Opeta they can bring up from their ps to replace him on the roster, and we get a potential hedge against Pouncey wearing down near season's end.

and agree, Howard is no slouch.... haven't done my homework on him, albeit he has def produced, is durable, and my cursory take is that most RBs are greatly dependent upon their Oline and scheme.... Howard's stats are going in the opposite direction of MG, albeit wouldn't be surprised if there were mitigating factors in the both of their statlines (whether ascending or descending).

a proven, bigger more durable back is nothing to sniff at.... 'specially if we can wrassle an IOL outta the deal.
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

Your lack of reality is showing.:thinking: Dudes "not killing it" that have contracts, get cut all the time and no one cries and creates threads. Yet, if a guy plays better than he's paid and earns more, a bunch of dudes will grasp on that contract BS, that owners have shown time and time again, they refuse to fulfill.

I have been very steadfast in my feeling that MG is not worth what he's asking. And the Bolts own trade value is ridiculous as well. The FO and I agree that he deserves more money.
            Players in the NFL have the worst contracts of any of the big 3 sports. Basketball and baseball players are guaranteed for the length of the deal. And the NFL has shorter career lengths and more lasting physical damage. These guys are literally risking life, limb and their futures on Sundays for our pleasure. So I usually land on the player's side when it comes to getting paid and I dismiss out of hand the honor your contract line of thinking. They are disposable AF, certain superstars excluded. MG III is worth more than he is due. Everybody on both sides (player and FO) know that. Apparently they are a few million apart on value. Wish they could find a way to close that gap. Otherwise we all lose.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Colin Cowherd reported that the Ravens have interest in trading for number 25
              Now that's the first team that makes sense.

Comment

• SYB
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Players in the NFL have the worst contracts of any of the big 3 sports. Basketball and baseball players are guaranteed for the length of the deal. And the NFL has shorter career lengths and more lasting physical damage. These guys are literally risking life, limb and their futures on Sundays for our pleasure. So I usually land on the player's side when it comes to getting paid and I dismiss out of hand the honor your contract line of thinking. They are disposable AF, certain superstars excluded. MG III is worth more than he is due. Everybody on both sides (player and FO) know that. Apparently they are a few million apart on value. Wish they could find a way to close that gap. Otherwise we all lose.
                You and I are much more in line on this topic than our posts may reflect. It's jut MG's value I think where we differ.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

They are 3 to 4 million apart PER season - that could be almost $20 million over the life of the contract if Gordon got the length he wants, And we don't all lose, we gain in future seasons by having a stronger roster with that money rather than overpaying for a good, not great, back.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Howard is good.... really good.

he also makes JJ and Ekeler/RB by committee so/that much better.

he can block, he can catch, and he can really run the rock.

personally would make that trade before game time Sunday, as do think we're likely to squeak a victory outta the Colts, albeit don't think it'll be because of our running game, which could well be a tad underwhelming, and perhaps be an ensuing unfavorable shift in any potential/possible trade balance ??
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• SYB
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Haha, that's a cool quote and all, but how does that actually answer my question? Nagy and Pederson are from the same Andy Reid coaching tree. One that doesn't use a "run only" RB to lead the team.

Comment

• SYB
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Now that's the first team that makes sense.
                        How so? They're one of the deeper teams at RB.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

They are 3 to 4 million apart PER season - that could be almost $20 million over the life of the contract if Gordon got the length he wants, And we don't all lose, we gain in future seasons by having a stronger roster with that money rather than overpaying for a good, not great, back.
                          I was hearing 4 years and at $3m per that's $12m assuming it goes the length of the deal. In the NFL that's not a lot of coin (or in any pro sports). Money doesn't mean the roster is better. It's about making the right choices. We're on a short window right now. We need the best roster right now. The Chargers have blown lots of money on players that contributed a lot less.

Comment

Working...
                          X