• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
    He was given permission to find trade with a team that wanted him, and was going to give him his cash.
    What happened?
    Nothing. Nothing happened. The MG3 holdout was a bust...

Comment

• SuperCharged
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Utah
      • Midnight Toker
      • Send PM

With the shit going down the way it has so far... MG is playing for a contract. I hope/pray he goes beastmode level 1000. We could use him in that capacity.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

This. I'm a big Gordon fan (especially as a person) but our running game hasn't been the issue thus far, it's the pass blocking for the OL.

Overall no doubt having him helps.

I wonder when we can expect to see Okung back.
        The thing with clots is that they can be related to deep fat. Visceral deep tissue fat. Which is a precursor to heart related issues. Type 2 Diabetes. Host of other health issues. Its obesity. And he is probably "Pre" a lot of bad things.

Okung is a cerebral guy with a ton of other interests. Hes also sitting on close to 100M in earnings. Hes done well. It may make more sense for his long term goals to really get healthy. And lose weight. To better manage his chances of living a ling healthy life. And enjoying all the money he has earned.

I want him back. He may be back. But this is a big scare for a man. An overweight man who is most likely seriously obese based on his deep fat. May have been a contributor. He may retire. I would.

Just the reality of it.

Comment

• SDBORN
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

The thing with clots is that they can be related to deep fat. Visceral deep tissue fat. Which is a precursor to heart related issues. Type 2 Diabetes. Host of other health issues. Its obesity. And he is probably "Pre" a lot of bad things.

Okung is a cerebral guy with a ton of other interests. Hes also sitting on close to 100M in earnings. Hes done well. It may make more sense for his long term goals to really get healthy. And lose weight. To better manage his chances of living a ling healthy life. And enjoying all the money he has earned.

I want him back. He may be back. But this is a big scare for a man. An overweight man who is most likely seriously obese based on his deep fat. May have been a contributor. He may retire. I would.

Just the reality of it.
          Valid points Fleet. I want to see hmm do what's best for his long term health first and foremost. Football is a great game, but is just a game/entertainment at the end of the day.

Hopefully he is healthy and can play again, but if not, he'd be doing the smart thing by moving onto other things.

Comment

• bolthead123
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • San Diego
            • I work in IT.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
            The overall Charger running stats this year without Gordon are pretty much the same as last year with Gordon playing. So don't get too jazzed.
            The red zone production will be much better. Take that to the bank

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Valid points Fleet. I want to see hmm do what's best for his long term health first and foremost. Football is a great game, but is just a game/entertainment at the end of the day.

Hopefully he is healthy and can play again, but if not, he'd be doing the smart thing by moving onto other things.
              I asked Daniel Popper on his Q&A if he had heard anything about Okung coming back and he said he'd be shocked if he played this year. Don't know if that is just his guess or if he has heard anything from people on the team.

Comment

• SDBORN
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I asked Daniel Popper on his Q&A if he had heard anything about Okung coming back and he said he'd be shocked if he played this year. Don't know if that is just his guess or if he has heard anything from people on the team.
                Interesting. When I first heard about it, my gut feeling was that he's out for the year, possibly for good. But again I have no medical experience.

I do not feel confident in our tackles at all with Okung out.
                ​​​​​​

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post

I would be surprised to see Okung back this season, just seems too risky. Also, not to doom and gloom but the nature of both DJ and HH's injuries is that they are easy to aggravate once they are back, so be prepared to deal with that as well.

I am glad Gordon is back, while I don't think we have missed him as much as some others, I do think we will really need him full speed down the stretch to have any chance.
                  Once healed, how are cracks easy to aggravate? If it was soft tissue I would agree. But once the bone is healed, it should be good to go no? Granted the lack of blood flow to the break in James toe is the reason the healing takes so long. In HH case, they said there was no damage to the ligaments and it was so small it didn't show on the initial xray etc.
                  Last edited by Panamamike; 09-26-2019, 02:41 AM.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    Pretty much retired......
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                    • Send PM

I find it interesting that I read about the end of the holdout on NFL.com. I click over to the Chargers website and there is ZEROZIPNADA......... A perfect welcome back if you ask me.

Well done Melvin and pass along my thanks to your agent......

Comment

• Budsman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Just the reality of it.
                      Exactly this. You should retire if you get a scare like this. No amount of money or pride is worth your life.

Hes also deeply involved in crypto and could dive into that immediately.
                      Last edited by Budsman; 09-26-2019, 07:05 AM.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                          Wow. Imagine paying your dual agents a hefty commission in excess of six figures or so, after losing about $2 mil. The only thing we don't know if the holdout was Gordon's idea, or the agents' idea...

Comment

Working...
                          X