• Show
Clear All
  • JOJAX85
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2018
    • Irmo, SC
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

No. I wouldn't be surprised if he all of a sudden caught the Flu. I wonder if he has a child on the way. (these are Jalen Ramsey latest ailments/situations).
    I don't think the 2 are the same animal. Ramsey without a doubt is a ME guy. Gordon wanted more $ like we all do, but he got horrendous advise, took his shot & it got rejected in to the 3rd row.

Comment

• JOJAX85
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2018
      • Irmo, SC
      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
      I find it interesting that I read about the end of the holdout on NFL.com. I click over to the Chargers website and there is ZEROZIPNADA......... A perfect welcome back if you ask me.

Well done Melvin and pass along my thanks to your agent......
      Ya think his agents are going to refund him 3% of that $2.5 he didn't get? Lol!!

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

He really needs to improve his brand. You cant expect the money he wants with one really good year that he didnt quite finish. Overall his numbers look good because of that one season. Sitting out all year could force regression in a player. Sometimes time off doesnt always heal the body. It weakens parts of it. Need to keep churning. His holdout screamed lack of confidence in his body to me. He knows he fragile. You want the big dough go do it again. Average over 4+ yards per carry and stay healthy. Then you are a product worth throwing huge dough at.

What he has going for him are 2 things. The weak career OL is most likely baked into his cake. Teams know his post contact numbers are high.

Second is that we are not able to finish games yet this year. And i think some of it is due to his physicality. Ive seen players from other teams say they hate trying to tackle him because it hurts. We need that.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

I think Gordon wants to help this team win. At the end of the day Sunday the Chargers will be 2-2 and ready to make a run, with Gordon providing a spark to help the offense over a hump. At the end of the season the Chargers will make a deep run into the playoffs. Gordon will have a great season and be a big part of the Chargers' success, and he will want to continue to be a part of that going forward. His camp and the Chargers will work out a deal to keep him with the team for the next 3 years.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
            I think Gordon wants to help this team win. At the end of the day Sunday the Chargers will be 2-2 and ready to make a run, with Gordon providing a spark to help the offense over a hump. At the end of the season the Chargers will make a deep run into the playoffs. Gordon will have a great season and be a big part of the Chargers' success, and he will want to continue to be a part of that going forward. His camp and the Chargers will work out a deal to keep him with the team for the next 3 years.
            Thats right. Love this attitude.

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I think he came back now because his inital plan did not work and he gets enough games to post good numbers to try to increase his value next season. They are 1-2 ... If we go on a tear he looks better come negotiations after the season. Hope it happens cuz it means good results for the Bolts. Just my.02

Comment

• JOJAX85
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2018
                • Irmo, SC
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                I think he came back now because his inital plan did not work and he gets enough games to post good numbers to try to increase his value next season. They are 1-2 ... If we go on a tear he looks better come negotiations after the season. Hope it happens cuz it means good results for the Bolts. Just my.02
                Agreed. The pressure is on him a bit, because he declared himself in the top 3 backs. He's going out & trying to make noise & justify his stance. He can't afford to take plays off & HAS to give max effort. Good news for the Bolts.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                  SLAM DUNK!
                  • Jun 2013
                  • East County San Diego
                  • Bolt fanatic
                  • Send PM

Shouldn't him reporting warrant a new thread assuming that's what he does today.
                  migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

So who gets cut to make room for Gordon - Pope?

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Comment

• glutton4Bolts
                          glutton for punishment
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Lake Arrowhead, CA
                          • Send PM

It is a nice boost to have him back... although I am not sure we lost the last two due to him not being on the squad. James can't come back soon enough. But for now... glad to see him back in Bolts.

Comment

Working...
                          X