• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caslon
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Send PM

Running back by committee will just ruin my outlook for this season, lol. I hate that term. TT&Spanos' don't have a lot of time to bring along another cowbell RB to go with Rivers closing window.

I'm not cool with MG's remarks and bringing up his contract extension at this time, but I'm getting all jazzed wondering who will blink first. Maybe both will at the same time. MG doesn't necessarily need training camp, or even preseason games. If it drags on and then both parties agree, then MG probably won't have needed the reps or preseason games. So that part doesn't worry me. Let's get this done. Maintain continuity, go to the playoffs again.
    Last edited by Caslon; 07-12-2019, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

Watch for Jeremy Cox in training camp and preseason.Dude is seriously underrated.Ya never know.....

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

MG's agent has said the Chargers' offer is not what MG wants. Anybody think the FO coughs up more at this point? I do not.

A trade will happen at some point. Done.

TC will be interesting at RB, no doubt.

Comment

• Caslon
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

Things were in place. This stinks (so far). There's still time... If it gets hashed out, MG doesn't necessarily need the reps or preseason games. LT was often held out of all preseason games.
          Last edited by Caslon; 07-12-2019, 01:32 AM.

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
            Running back by committee will just ruin my outlook for this season, lol. I hate that term. TT&Spanos' don't have a lot of time to bring along another cowbell RB to go with Rivers closing window.

I'm not cool with MG's remarks and bringing up his contract extension at this time, but I'm getting all jazzed wondering who will blink first. Maybe both will at the same time. MG doesn't necessarily need training camp, or even preseason games. If it drags on and then both parties agree, then MG probably won't have needed the reps or preseason games. So that part doesn't worry me. Let's get this done. Maintain continuity, go to the playoffs again.
            Take a look at the league stats for touches and snap counts by RB per team. There are very few "bell cow" backs anymore. Less than a quarter of the league utilizes a "bell cow" anymore due to injury and specialization of rolls and packages.

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I would also like to point out that MGIII has had only one season where he avg more than 4 yrds per carry i believe. he was having by far his best year last year but again missed 4 games due to injury and was hobbled in the playoffs. I am not convinced this is the resume of a huge extension. Another very good year would solidify that resume. As of right now, it is far from a convincing argument from his stand point.

Comment

• Caslon
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                I would also like to point out that MGIII has had only one season where he avg more than 4 yrds per carry i believe. he was having by far his best year last year but again missed 4 games due to injury and was hobbled in the playoffs. I am not convinced this is the resume of a huge extension. Another very good year would solidify that resume. As of right now, it is far from a convincing argument from his stand point.

From a song I posted,
                "I fought the law and the law won."

Comment

• JOJAX85
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Irmo, SC
                  • Send PM

Haven't been on in a while so I didn't have time to go through 390 posts, but here's my 2 cents. I'm not mad at him.for wanting his $ & taking a stand. It is a business. The game is rough, especially on RBs. He gives us a better chance to win it all & that window is small. That being said, because the game is so rough on RBs, ownership doesn't want to pay top dollar for limited game participation & Gordon has missed games in 3 out of his 4 years.
                  In my opinion, the brass has a hard # in mind that they will not exceed. Offer that right now & stop pussy footing around about it. We don't have time for "he did this, they did this". If Gordon doesn't want to sign the top #, let.him go. It's a gamble for him & it's a gamble for the organization, but make a move already.
                  Last edited by JOJAX85; 07-12-2019, 06:26 AM.

Comment

• BrummieBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2019
                    • Birmingham, England
                    • Train Driver
                    • Send PM

I'm all for players getting the contract they deserve but I detest all this refusing to turn up BS.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Take a look at the league stats for touches and snap counts by RB per team. There are very few "bell cow" backs anymore. Less than a quarter of the league utilizes a "bell cow" anymore due to injury and specialization of rolls and packages.
                      Yep...more and more teams are going to a committee of 2 or 3 to share the reps, keep backs fresher and minimize injuries. Also, a committee has the added benefit of having an experienced back or two ready to go, in case one of them does get injured. And MG3 does get injured. I'd like to see how the Jackson, Detrez, Ekkie and Cox Committee does. I'd be willing to bet this committee excels...

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by BrummieBolt View Post
                        I'm all for players getting the contract they deserve but I detest all this refusing to turn up BS.
                        Yep. When you sign a contract, you are supposed to honor your contract for the duration of the contract. What if I sign an agreement with a gardener to cut my grass for a year at a set price, then in October, he comes to me demanding more money? You better believe I'll fire him for breach of contract and find someone else...

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
                          Haven't been on in a while so I didn't have time to go through 390 posts, but here's my 2 cents. I'm not mad at him.for wanting his $ & taking a stand. It is a business. The game is rough, especially on RBs. He gives us a better chance to win it all & that window is small. That being said, because the game is so rough on RBs, ownership doesn't want to pay top dollar for limited game participation & Gordon has missed games in 3 out of his 4 years.
                          In my opinion, the brass has a hard # in mind that they will not exceed. Offer that right now & stop pussy footing around about it. We don't have time for "he did this, they did this". If Gordon doesn't want to sign the top #, let.him go. It's a gamble for him & it's a gamble for the organization, but make a move already.
                          I'm guessing the Bolt brass already DID give MG3 their final offer, and he didn't like it...

Comment

Working...
                          X