Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Another article on Gordon.....

In Gordon's four pro seasons, 19 backs have racked up 600 carries or more. Gordon ranks 11th in yards per attempt (4.0) and eighth in success rate (38.5%). He has been about a league-average back when healthy, and he hasn't been healthy for extended stretches of time. Gordon is unquestionably talented, but if he's looking for a Devonta Freeman-sized deal -- let alone something in the Le'Veon Bell or Todd Gurley ballpark -- the Chargers are probably better off letting him leave.

The running back has been an asset to fantasy teams, but L.A. is better off finding a cheaper option to carry the load.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Caslon
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Send PM

At least he will have struck a blow against the establishment...paving the way for other potential prima donnas, lol.
      He's doing a Weddle kinda thing, Only, Weddle produced for years and years before asking/demanding.

Gordon is now producing and may have great potential. He sucked getting there.

He's arrived as a top ten RB...but just recently, as in the last year.
      He seems to have the attitude..."I'm there now." Always was.

You weren't the first two years, bub. Kinda audacious of you all of a sudden.

If Gordon had back to back successful seasons, then I'd be on his side. He's only had one. Two years getting there.

Not sure I like his candid bravado all of a sudden. I would have if he had rocked his first two years. He didn't.
      He's acting like he did, or means something vital to this team all of a sudden. He wasn't until last season.

A player should have to put in a minimum of at least two stellar seasons before squawking. Weddle had many, Gordon has had one.

Staying tuned and hoping both sides work it out.
      Last edited by Caslon; 07-12-2019, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• Silversurfer
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Los Angeles
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Hmmm... Any other potential trades?
        Packers for either a Safety or A. Jones and a pick is what I'm reading.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
          https://beta.washingtonpost.com/spor...outputType=amp

This is the best article I've read yet on the Melvin Gordon situation. It explains well why paying Gordon is a bad investment. The performance metrics for RBs of MG's age is key - in all probability he has maybe two more years of top performance left before he experiences significant decline.
          Good read, Sarge, and proof of what most of us have been saying: Gordon is a good back, but doesn't deserve crazy money. Here's a key part of the story:

"The peak age for a running back is somewhere between the ages of 23 and 28 with a steep and quick decline shortly after that. The average draft age for a running back is 22 years old. If each pick is signed to a four or five-year rookie deal, the second contract almost always encompasses prime decline years, making it a risky investment."

Gordon is 26 years old. With his injury history, it's easy to believe he'll go downhill faster in two more years. If the Bolts do sign him, looks like they need an "Addae-like" out after two years, to protect themselves...

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Does the agreement include that he has to cut your grass for your price or never cut grass for anyone else ever?
            I said a ONE YEAR deal. Everyone knows that gardeners have multiple accounts. Gordon knew he was getting the going slotted rate when he signed his rookie deal. Just because he had a decent year last year (except for the injuries), all of a sudden, he gets greedy and threatens to sit out his final year. If he was smart, he would just shut up and play, then test the FA waters after next season. But no, he and his agent think they can pull a Khalil Mack special and force the Bolts to trade him. IMHO, Gordon just lost a lot of respect from fans, teammates and of course, management. The Bolts stuck with Gordon during those first few tough years until he improved to last season's form. Then, MG3 and agent throw the Bolts under the bus. Thanks, Mel, don't let the door hit u on the way out...
            Last edited by Topcat; 07-12-2019, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Just watch. I'll bet the Bolts work out a trade and MG3 agrees to a deal with his new team for a deal SLIGHTLY better than what the Bolts offered...then MG3 and agent will brag about what a "great" deal he got, a "lot better" than what the Chargers offered, blah, blah, blah...I'm guessing that instead of a 4-year, $50+ mil deal he probably wants, he instead signs for something more like 4 years and around $35 mil...oh, and with an Addae-like "out" after two years and with new team-friendly injury protection language...u heard it here first...
              Last edited by Topcat; 07-12-2019, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

Where are you reading this? :bertstare:

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Out of all the trade scenarios, the one that makes the most sense is the Texans. They could use an upgrade at RB, AND they have the cap space:

"Houston has the cap space ($40.8 million) to easily take on the $5.6 million salary, and maybe they could clear the backfield logjam by sending Miller back to the Chargers in a trade."

If the Chargers see no path forward with Melvin Gordon, these five teams are potential trade destinations for the fifth-year running back.

I'm guessing MG3 to the Texans for a 4-year deal in the neighborhood of $35-$38 mil...

Comment

• OhioBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

If the Packers we aren't in the market for a Safety so if this is true I guess Arron Jones the RB would be in play

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

If the Packers we aren't in the market for a Safety so if this is true I guess Arron Jones the RB would be in play
                      I think all these trade rumors are from 1 article by some tool at BR. It's simply his trade ideas.

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Silversurfer
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Los Angeles
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I think all these trade rumors are from 1 article by some tool at BR. It's simply his trade ideas.
                        Pretty much

Comment

• Caslon
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                          Just watch. I'll bet the Bolts work out a trade and MG3 agrees to a deal with his new team for a deal SLIGHTLY better than what the Bolts offered...then .
                          Melvin Melvin Melvin... can I call you Mel for short?

Stick it to the man...I can see that. You are considered a top 10 RB in the NFL. The Spanos' aren't exactly known for spreading money around.

Good leverage on your part. Rivers aging, window closing.
                          If I had a billion, I'd discreetly ... find a way to keep you,

You are good for at least 4 or 5 wins by yourself.

Last edited by Caslon; 07-12-2019, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X